The agony of picking a class

Do you know which class you'll play initially?  

89 members have voted

1. 1. Do you know which class you'll play initially?

• Definetely Guardian; I want to see some lightsaber action
    • I'm leaning towards playing a Guardian
    • Definetely Sentinel; skills, plus maybe it won't suck this time
    • I'm leaning towards playing a Sentinel
    • Definetely Consular; victory through dominating Force powers
    • I'm leaning towards playing a Consular
    • I have no idea which class I want to play initially

On the one hand, I really want to see those lightsaber styles and the development of my skills as I advance in levels. Thus, I'm tempted to play Guardian.

On the other hand, I really would like to have lots of skills and high mental attributes so I can see all the nifty little stuff sprinkled throughout the game by Obsidian for those with high stats/skills. I want to have a high Awareness AND Persuasion AND Repair, dangit!

And on yet another hand, I really would like to see all the nifty Force powers added to the game, and having a Force-based character also makes it easier for me to justify dumping tons of points into Wisdom and Charisma while letting physical stats atrophy. Plus, the Consular has sentimental value for me given that it's what I virtually always play in KOTOR 1, and frankly, I would enjoy being an official Jedi Master by the end of the game.

Sooo...ehhh....am I alone? Anyone else indecisiveness about what to pick?

I made this half-pony half-monkey monster to please you

But I get the feeling that you don't like it

What's with all the screaming?

You like monkeys, you like ponies

Maybe you don't like monsters so much

Maybe I used too many monkeys

Isn't it enough to know that I ruined a pony making a gift for you?

Understandable,I'm really interested in seen what the skills have to offer in this game seeing how that's been on things that had a large effort made to improve. So a Sen is pry what'll start out with.

On the other hand I almost always went Con in Knights,as you said the Force power improvements are something else I want to see.

But I figure my first time through I can check out the different powers through all the different Jedi characters but I can't see how much the Skills for the PC have been improved on another character.

So I'll pry go Sen my first time,though that's not 100%.

I'mleaning more toward consular. if Obsidian did a good job, you should be able to go through the game with minimal or none lightsaber combat for the PC, just the force.

One of the most entertaining battles in KOTOR 1 for me was facing those Mandalorian raiders on Kashyysk without a weapon in my hand (they only appear when they face unarmed opponents) and then not even bothering to equip my lightsaber when they came into view. My character just used insanity, then Force Choked 'em all to death.

Poetic Justice, baby.

I haven't decided yet. Maybe Sen though, since that's the middle of the road, or maybe guardian. I'd think kreia woud be a consular, so she'd be able to back me up force power wise. but then you never know what she'll be.

Maybe you can train your apprentice to be the class of your choice?

Welcome to the Pink side of the Force

Revenge is a dish best served in a warm, pink tupperware dish!

Grrrr to Atris! Snooty, stuck-up little....

Pink Side Master to Darth Gandalf, Trooper, Ronil Organ, Bokishi, Mr_Dashman, Stargate: 2000, mista_me, DarthDoGooder, GarethCarrots, Ludozee, and Obi-Wan Kenobi

I'm leaning toward playing as a Guardian, because I really want to see how much damage a Guardian/Weapons Master can deal out. The new saber styles are quite intriguing too. If I give him 14 INT I will still have a decent amount of skill points to throw around too, so I won't miss out too much. The only thing that could sway me to a Sentinel is some sweet free feats. For instance, if they get implant for free like scouts did I might have to alter my plans. :D

baby, take off your beret

everyone's a critic and most people are DJs

Guess the sabers have it.

I'm thinking I'll start off as a sentinal and then Jedi master for my prestige class

People laugh when I say that I think a jellyfish is one of the most beautiful things in the world. What they don't understand is, I mean a jellyfish with long, blond hair.

i mtorn between guardian and sentinal. i want guardian so i can chop up everyone but sentinal because i want to see the new dialogue options and stuff

the force is what gives a jedi his power. its an energy field created by all living things. it surrounds us and penetrates us. it binds the galaxy together

I'll be all of them of course, cuz I'll play thru multiple times...buuuut....guardian first.....force powers seemed weak in kotor even when I placed my stats wisely, and I'd run out of force fast lol...and Malak was impossible to beat with force....it didnt do anything to him...

I found Force Wave to be quite effective against him .. on my first play through I was a very poorly constructed Scout/Consular .. And the only way to defeat him was with force powers, he shredded me if I went to close!

Fortune favors the bald.

aha I made a viscious guardian, so I just rushed him and prayed that my stats would rule out bad luck on the system's "chance" factor

Yeah I should've went Guardian too .. It's just a habit of being the Mage kind of class in every game I play first time through! to get the most of the dialouge ..

Fortune favors the bald.

I am leaning more towards a gaurdian for the first play through, although I am also thinking that a consular would be interesting (after seeing the screen where it says its only for advanced players).

"The only difference between genius and stupidity is genius has its limits!" - Albert Einstein.

"It's better to be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt!"

"You can try to kill me, you'd fail!, but you can try!" - Revan.

"When you have exhausted all other possibilities whatever remains, however improbable must be the truth." - Sherlock Holmes (a.k.a. Sir Arthur Conan Dole)

"A lack of planning on your part, does not constitute an emergency on my part"

AscendedPaladin.png