Will Hk-50 be as good as Hk-47

Will Hk-50 be as good as Hk-47  

47 members have voted

1. 1. Will Hk-50 be as good as Hk-47

• worse
    • Same as hk-47
    • better

its kind of funny how we assume that its going to have a male voice, maybe HK-50 is HK-47's robowife :thumbsup:

People laugh when I say that I think a jellyfish is one of the most beautiful things in the world. What they don't understand is, I mean a jellyfish with long, blond hair.

Was never a big 47 fan but considering the info at the moment is that 50 is done after P.Station I'm not sure how 50 could really be better.

I know I should know the answer to this but, was it ever confirmed that HK-50's role would be over after Peragus?

"The only difference between genius and stupidity is genius has its limits!" - Albert Einstein.

"It's better to be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt!"

"You can try to kill me, you'd fail!, but you can try!" - Revan.

"When you have exhausted all other possibilities whatever remains, however improbable must be the truth." - Sherlock Holmes (a.k.a. Sir Arthur Conan Dole)

"A lack of planning on your part, does not constitute an emergency on my part"

AscendedPaladin.png

I hope that he is better than HK I mean I loved that droid, but I can't really say yet condidering there hasn't been much said about what he says or at least I haven't seen any of his lines yet.

Where is the bell, wait for the bell, k i need the bell, wait the bell! Ding bonda dong! Ding bonda dong! Ding bonda dong! Ding bonda dong!

Kazic wants you.... to join the pinkside!

Personally I hope HK-50 isn'y like HK-47 at all, because if they share similar personalities (Homicidal trash talkin' droid) then 50 nwill be nothing more than a cheap rip off of 47 and I'm hoping to see a unique character from 50, with his/her own motivations and way of being.

Besides it has been stated countless times that 47 is back in the game, so I'm certain there will be enough of his "wit" to go around.

Personally I hope HK-50 isn'y like HK-47 at all, because if they share similar personalities (Homicidal trash talkin' droid) then 50 nwill be nothing more than a cheap rip off of 47 and I'm hoping to see a unique character from 50, with his/her own motivations and way of being.

Besides it has been stated countless times that 47 is back in the game, so I'm certain there will be enough of his "wit" to go around.

It has been stated that he was back in the game, yes! has it been stated that he will be a party member, NO. It was stated that he would be on peragus and we know now that it will be HK-50 that we will meet on Peragus. So that leaves a couple options. The first being that HK-50 stays with the party and HK-47 is distroyed on Peragus. Or HK-50 stays with the party and we meet HK-47 later in the game. OR that HK-50's lime light comes to an end at the end of Peragus and we pick up HK-47 later on in the game. And finally that HK-50 stays on Peragus and we only meet with HK-47 later in the game but he doesn't join the party, he would be there merely to fill us in on raven.

I think that if they can make HK-50 a very good character, even if he was similar to HK-47 in some traits it still wouldn't make him a rip off mainly because how would you expect a Hunter Killer droid to act? warm and fuzzy of course :D . Also since the first conversation the PC has with HK-50 on Peragus last something like 20 minutes I can't see wasting that much time on a character that dies/doesn't join the party. That would piss me off if I had to waste that much time (granted that the info could be important but its still alot of time) and not have him join the party for the entire game.

"The only difference between genius and stupidity is genius has its limits!" - Albert Einstein.

"It's better to be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt!"

"You can try to kill me, you'd fail!, but you can try!" - Revan.

"When you have exhausted all other possibilities whatever remains, however improbable must be the truth." - Sherlock Holmes (a.k.a. Sir Arthur Conan Dole)

"A lack of planning on your part, does not constitute an emergency on my part"

AscendedPaladin.png

To me the way HK-50 have been wrecking havoc on the Peragus, it sounds like he is going to end his days there too.

Hopefully they bring back HK-47. Don't see why they would make another HK, who is the same as HK-47, instead bringing back the old one who everyone (almost) loves.

I think HK-50 will end his days on Peragus and we will see more of HK-47.

Statement: No one Can be as amusing as HK-47, so they cant be better...!

EDIT: Really hope HK-5o is HK-47 technically upgraded but with same character as in Kotor1

That would be the best solution, because HK is one the most hillarious NPCs ever!! Thay can't just cut him loose. That would be a very sad day indeed... :thumbsup:

To me the way HK-50 have been wrecking havoc on the Peragus, it sounds like he is going to end his days there too.

Hopefully they bring back HK-47. Don't see why they would make another HK, who is the same as HK-47, instead bringing back the old one who everyone (almost) loves.

I think HK-50 will end his days on Peragus and we will see more of HK-47.

Perhaps HK-50 wrecks havoc in Peragus and it is HK-47 that saves the PC's butt by destroying HK-50.

Picture it: HK-50 is about to slaughter the PC. There is smoke everywhere. HK-50 stalks in, blaster raised as the PC is prone on his back, trying to find someway to get out of it. Just as HK-50 is about to pull the trigger...BANG! HK-50 is blown to bits. The music from KOTOR1 plays and the cinematic shows a smoke filled doorway entrance. The smoke slowly starts to disappear and standing there is HK-47! The cinematic ends with a trademark comment by HK-47 about how meatbags always seem to need the help of inorganics in times of distress.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

So far? no comment...

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

Perhaps HK-50 wrecks havoc in Peragus and it is HK-47 that saves the PC's butt by destroying HK-50.

Picture it: HK-50 is about to slaughter the PC.  There is smoke everywhere.  HK-50 stalks in, blaster raised as the PC is prone on his back, trying to find someway to get out of it.  Just as HK-50 is about to pull the trigger...BANG!  HK-50 is blown to bits.  The music from KOTOR1 plays and the cinematic shows a smoke filled doorway entrance.  The smoke slowly starts to disappear and standing there is HK-47!  The cinematic ends with a trademark comment by HK-47 about how meatbags always seem to need the help of inorganics in times of distress.

Did you play the game!? That would be a suberb way to reintroduce HK-47 (w00t)

Did you play the game!? That would be a suberb way to reintroduce HK-47  (w00t)

Haha no. But that's just how I picture HK-47 making his return. It's a bit overdramatic and somewhat "Terminator-ish", but it fits the character of HK-47.

To Chris Avellone and co. If that IS how HK-47 returns, oops, sorry about that. :devil:"

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

EDIT: Really hope HK-5o is HK-47 technically upgraded but with same character as in Kotor1

That's what my gut tells me.

I made this half-pony half-monkey monster to please you

But I get the feeling that you don't like it

What's with all the screaming?

You like monkeys, you like ponies

Maybe you don't like monsters so much

Maybe I used too many monkeys

Isn't it enough to know that I ruined a pony making a gift for you?

I know I should know the answer to this but, was it ever confirmed that HK-50's role would be over after Peragus?

By a Dev? No,so there's room for speculation there I admit. But the info we have now is that he's done. Could be way considering that was said be Game Informer.

There should be another option on the poll: No one could EVER surpass Hk-47!

But seriously now, the reports do seem to be the this new droid will only be with you on P. Station. This statement could be corroborated by a statement made in ign's "Six hours deep" preview. At the end it said that, of the 3 party members acquired, one seems highly suspect.

Since I don't think that the character being referred to is either Atton or Kreia, and I don't think you get T3 before you get to the Hawk, it's probably Hk 50. The 20 min conversation mentioned earlier was also in the article and it says that 50's motivations "become clear", so I think that he's got an important piece of info about what happened to the station which is why the convo with him is so long.

When I read all that, Guilty Spark 343 sprang to mind. He may be trying to manipulate you into doing something which serves his homicidal purposes, thus his reason for joining you party.

Wait...doesn't Hk-47 already do that.... o:)

Welcome to the Pink side of the Force

Revenge is a dish best served in a warm, pink tupperware dish!

Grrrr to Atris! Snooty, stuck-up little....

Pink Side Master to Darth Gandalf, Trooper, Ronil Organ, Bokishi, Mr_Dashman, Stargate: 2000, mista_me, DarthDoGooder, GarethCarrots, Ludozee, and Obi-Wan Kenobi