The Rakata

If you went LS .. The "party" for the liberation of the galaxy took place on the Rakatan homeworld .. So now they are probably well known through out the galaxy or at least to those who attended the final celebration! :thumbsup:

perhaps this will mean the Rakata will be reintroduced to the galactic scene.. And I wonder what consequences that will have? and if it will have any impact on KOTOR 2 .. it must be of some importance that you suddenly discover the history of an older galactic empire and their technology .. perhaps even a deeper understanding of The Force since The Rakata seemed to use it pretty extensively in their technology ..

Fortune favors the bald.

If you went LS .. The "party" for the liberation of the galaxy took place on the Rakatan homeworld .. So now they are probably well known through out the galaxy or at least to those who attended the final celebration! :thumbsup:

perhaps this will mean the Rakata will be reintroduced to the galactic scene.. And I wonder what consequences that will have? and if it will have any impact on KOTOR 2 .. it must be of some importance that you suddenly discover the history of an older galactic empire and their technology .. perhaps even a deeper understanding of The Force since The Rakata seemed to use it pretty extensively in their technology ..

im kinda lost, would you explain that again?

Ya to think of it you haven't really seen too much about them in the new game. I wonder if they'll have a pivitol role considering they had an abundance of technology that's darkside powered

People laugh when I say that I think a jellyfish is one of the most beautiful things in the world. What they don't understand is, I mean a jellyfish with long, blond hair.

im kinda lost, would you explain that again?

The Rakata is an ancient race, and probably with alot of hidden secrets on their planet .. as Laozi mentioned mostly powered by the dark side .. and the force in general! They once "owned" most of the galaxy .. and now they have been rediscovered, what importance will this play in KOTOR2 ?

Fortune favors the bald.

Ya to think of it you haven't really seen too much about them in the new game. I wonder if they'll have a pivitol role considering they had an abundance of technology that's darkside powered

exactly .. my instincts tell me that they won't play any importance in TSL, but they really should, since their technology would be very interesting from a Sith point of view .. Ships only they could command etc.

Fortune favors the bald.

exactly .. my instincts tell me that they won't play any importance in TSL, but they really should, since their technology would be very interesting from a Sith point of view .. Ships only they could command etc.

i thought that the mods said they 'werent' gonna be in Kotor2, or they might not have. I dont rlly remember

I'd think that they would play an important role. But it may lie within ancient ruins persay, because they lost touch with the Force long ago. The Unknown world could possibly a place to visit, but you have to remember that the Rakata are very limited technologically, and secondly if the Sith are reconquering the galaxy, the Unknown world is the perfect place to control and investigate.

wasn't part of the mission making it so anyone could get inside the temple?

People laugh when I say that I think a jellyfish is one of the most beautiful things in the world. What they don't understand is, I mean a jellyfish with long, blond hair.

No because its explained in the game that shutting done the sheild around the temple can only be done for a short period of time and that someone would have to stay inside in order to allow someone back in and I think that when you had to shut down the sheild it was so your party could escape the temple.

"The only difference between genius and stupidity is genius has its limits!" - Albert Einstein.

"It's better to be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt!"

"You can try to kill me, you'd fail!, but you can try!" - Revan.

"When you have exhausted all other possibilities whatever remains, however improbable must be the truth." - Sherlock Holmes (a.k.a. Sir Arthur Conan Dole)

"A lack of planning on your part, does not constitute an emergency on my part"

AscendedPaladin.png

you took down the force field that sealed the temple .. so in an essence, yes ..But I remember something about "The One" was in control of the rest of the planet, which was a series of archipelagos, and they contained alot of old ruins with devices the "black" Rakata couldn't decipher .. they eventually heard of another race of Rakata who held the knowledge which enabled their race to use this technology .. not knowing they no longer had the ability to control the Force, he set off to conquer this last island and acquire the lost knowledge for his own purposes ..

This made me think that the Sith would be VERY interested in the place, and the Jedis would be VERY interested in keeping it protected ..

Fortune favors the bald.

If you went LS .. The "party" for the liberation of the galaxy took place on the Rakatan homeworld .. So now they are probably well known through out the galaxy or at least to those who attended the final celebration! :)

No it just means that Nioware screwed up

"Your total disregard for the law and human decency both disgusts me and touches my heart. Bless you, sir."

"Soilent Green is people. This guy's just a homeless heroin junkie who got in a internet caf

If memory serves me right there was once a "We want a Rakatan party member" thread; and a dev. posting there made it clear that there are no Rakatans for TSL. I sort of think they would dominate this game if they were included.

EDIT: The exact reference, Chris Avellone, 11 June

I wouldn't mind a Selkath (there are no Selkath planned for K2, however), but there will be no Rakata in K2.

I thought the Selkath were pretty cool - that creepy voice made them perfect.

Zwangvolle Plage!

M

There aren't many of them left with no technology so I doubt anything would get out, and besides, I think the star forge was their main deal. They might have some nifty trinkets laying around somewhere, but it was pretty clear that the sf was the thing tht enabled their empire, and using the force to control hyperspace travel would be inefficient when you don't need to.

If memory serves me right there was once a "We want a Rakatan party member" thread; and a dev. posting there made it clear that there are no Rakatans for TSL. I sort of think they would dominate this game if they were included.

EDIT: The exact reference, Chris Avellone, 11 June

I wouldn't mind a Selkath (there are no Selkath planned for K2, however), but there will be no Rakata in K2.

I thought the Selkath were pretty cool - that creepy voice made them perfect.

Thank God! No Selkath!! :D Um... :p" Hehe. Seriously though, the Rakata couldn't be included because as others have said, they would have to dominate the game. Maybe in kotor 3 or something, but not here.

Welcome to the Pink side of the Force

Revenge is a dish best served in a warm, pink tupperware dish!

Grrrr to Atris! Snooty, stuck-up little....

Pink Side Master to Darth Gandalf, Trooper, Ronil Organ, Bokishi, Mr_Dashman, Stargate: 2000, mista_me, DarthDoGooder, GarethCarrots, Ludozee, and Obi-Wan Kenobi

well I agree .. but still they should at least be mentioned, becuase it was a big discovery for the galaxy .. if not for anything else then just for continuity!

I mean if we discovered an ancient civilization that once ruled the entire earth before us, it would be a pretty big deal!

but 5 years later they might not have discovered much of importance, it is a big planet full of mean Rakatan after all! :rolleyes:

Fortune favors the bald.

The elders had advanced technology.

To a degree .. They didn't have much, only a couple of computers! and if there was any technology left on the planet (which I think is likely) it could only be used through the force.. And the Rakata lost the ability to use the Force along time ago! but the computers might hold blueprints, or what have you, of old ships designs or maybe even of The Starforge .. who knows..

Fortune favors the bald.