question about the mysterious box in kotor

alright thanks for the quick reply, that sucks tho, it would make sense

and my bad on the double post, i was getting errors when i was posting

no problem, ive seen a few double posts recently, and i think the same thing happened...and it does suck the devs of kotor didnt think of that when making it, wouldve been an interesting extra sidequest...

Yeah, it would make for a good sidequest. Like 'hey, I've got this prison-box in which a nice little fellow black rakata has been trapped for the last 100k years. How 'bout setting him free?'. I don't think you would make many friends around the unknown planet with that box.

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

When I came across the box, I remembered the Twi'lek on Manaan. He's the one wearing the sith uniform in the cantina that actually works for a mean artifacts or art dealer (something like that). I thought maybe the box would count as an artifact and I could get the Rakatan free if I got the Twi'lek to make his boss look inside. This would have been a good moral question: free the poor Rakatan criminal after millenia of isolation by robbing a bad man of his body, or let the Rakatan stay where he is and give the box to the Hutt. It would have been nice if you could get random people to look inside and try to free him, but sadly this was not an option.

Maybe it was one of the quests cut from the game.  Like the one about those 3 Jedi that went hunting for the Terentateks.

Was that supposed to be a quest? If you take a second to read those datapads you found everywhere, you end up learning what happened to them.

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

Seemed like it.  That Jedi near the entrance to the enclave on Dantooine told us about the Jedi and Terentateks.  He seemed pretty useless if all we can say to him is that we've killed Terentateks and not get interesting dialog or praise about finding out about the 3 Jedi.

The problem I see with that is, since the terentateks and the Jedi brats' remains are scattered throughout 3 out of 4 planets, it's easy that Dantooine gets blasted before you could complete that quest. That and the fact that you are given no clues about the location of the terentateks, make all that business more of a curiosity than a feasible quest. But now that I think of it, I believe you could tell that guy in the enclave about the terentatek, and he was impressed or something.

if you dont give it to the guy on tatoine, when you get to the planet with the rakatans, can you give them the box and them get him out? i know the prisoner in it asks if his people are still around, so i was wondering if this was possible

What? what the...? did i miss something? what box!? o:)

if you dont give it to the guy on tatoine, when you get to the planet with the rakatans, can you give them the box and them get him out? i know the prisoner in it asks if his people are still around, so i was wondering if this was possible

What? what the...? did i miss something? what box!? ;)

on korriban, theres some alien guy who buys the spice you have on your ship, and after that he asks you to deliver this box to a guy on tatoine

I liked the box but sometimes you have to think outside the box

"Your total disregard for the law and human decency both disgusts me and touches my heart. Bless you, sir."

"Soilent Green is people. This guy's just a homeless heroin junkie who got in a internet caf

I've never seen hellraiser <_< maybe thats why I opened the box (w00t) but it's just a poor smuck that's had 1,000's of years to think of ways to escape quite interesting really

*spoiler but not really* he challenges you to a game of riddles you can pretty much defeat him in 3 loads or so if ya know what your doing