Designer Rambling: Wookiees

Hypothetically, you may be able to have a wookiee join your party. If you do, one difference between wookiee companions in K1 and K2, is the ones in K2 have the ability to enter a "Wookiee Rage," Chewbacca style, make the screen flush blood-red and then proceed to rend through any opponents they encounter. Don't forget to use it if your wookiee friend is in a tight spot.

Other than this one wookiee, however, you won't encounter any others that made it off Kashyyyk in K2 - and you certainly won't encounter as many as it looks like you're going to encounter in Episode III.

Cool. Now the wookiee won't be completely useless like Zaalbar was in KOTOR. I don't think I used him even once the entire game other than when the script storyline made me.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

wookiees are almost as sweet as ninjas but not quite

People laugh when I say that I think a jellyfish is one of the most beautiful things in the world. What they don't understand is, I mean a jellyfish with long, blond hair.

What's wrong with Zaalbar? He was a great melee fighter with the wookie ceremonial blade and baragwin blade both upgraded.

Sure he didn't great AC but usually he killed everyone before that.

Sure he didn't talk much, but I don't have wookie partners for the stimulating conversation. Who wants an eloquent wookie going "Hrrrwarrrrr!" al the time anyway?

Wookies are there for the menacing physical presence.

In a game with combat this easy, the fighting abilities of my companions are usually last on my list when deciding whether to place them in my party. Worrying about combat in KOTOR is like worrying about the College draft for a Nerf football team.

I made this half-pony half-monkey monster to please you

But I get the feeling that you don't like it

What's with all the screaming?

You like monkeys, you like ponies

Maybe you don't like monsters so much

Maybe I used too many monkeys

Isn't it enough to know that I ruined a pony making a gift for you?

A furry killing machine this time, I like :) Equip him with strength enhancers and watch him plough through Sith knights.

Didn't like Zalbar at all in Kotor 1. But I think now that I know Wookies aren't much talkers, I won't be too disappointed in TSL.

It seems like there are more darkside characters than lightside

"Your total disregard for the law and human decency both disgusts me and touches my heart. Bless you, sir."

"Soilent Green is people. This guy's just a homeless heroin junkie who got in a internet caf

Handmaiden --- Vis

T3 ----- HK47/50

Bao ----- Mandalore (I assume hes good and hes bad)

Mira-----Atton ------- possible freaking evil wookie (again more assumptions, I think atton is neutral)

Kreia ( I'm not sold abot how "good" she is)

Disciple seems like he goes either way

am I missing anyone?

Handmaiden --- Vis

T3 ----- HK47/50

Bao ----- Mandalore (I assume hes good and hes bad)

Mira-----Atton ------- possible freaking evil wookie (again more assumptions, I think atton is neutral)

Kreia ( I'm not sold abot how "good" she is)

Disciple seems like he goes either way

am I missing anyone?

Good assessment :rolleyes: I'm not sure I trust Kreia either. Also did anyone notice that in the new ign preview it was mentioned that one of the party members on the first world were "highly suspect" ?

I hated Zalbaar. He didn't like me and I didn't like him. It worked out. I wouldn't mind a wookiee this time around, if he had an actual personality.

Welcome to the Pink side of the Force

Revenge is a dish best served in a warm, pink tupperware dish!

Grrrr to Atris! Snooty, stuck-up little....

Pink Side Master to Darth Gandalf, Trooper, Ronil Organ, Bokishi, Mr_Dashman, Stargate: 2000, mista_me, DarthDoGooder, GarethCarrots, Ludozee, and Obi-Wan Kenobi

Also did anyone notice that in the new ign preview it was mentioned that one of the party members on the first world were "highly suspect" ?

Could be Atton,you do find him locked in a jail cell after all. And his profile on the Official site doesn't make him sound the most trust worthy.

Indeed, SS. He coud have been imprisioned for attempting to blow up the station or something. I doubt it though. Kreia said he was ok (in one of the ign vids). If she's evil of course, she might be trying to cover for him, but I don't think both of them are evil.

Course, I think the 3 party members at that point in the game are Kreia, Atton, and Hk-50 (I think T3 comes when you finally get to the hawk). In that case it'd be the new Hk droid that is the suspect. I really don't know, but I'm not trusting kreia and I'm not trusting wookiees lol.

Pink Side Master to Darth Gandalf, Trooper, Ronil Organ, Bokishi, Mr_Dashman, Stargate: 2000, mista_me, DarthDoGooder, GarethCarrots, Ludozee, and Obi-Wan Kenobi

BLASPHEMY! lol. Maybe the traitor is the new wookiee! I wouldn't mind that at all, lol, because it means I get to kill him and not get DS points.

Somehow I doubt that the Wookiee is on P. Station. :D

And as for HK...even if it's a loyal droid,if 47 is anything to go by,a lot of "accidents" happen when they're around. I'd rather not have one around in my group thanks.

:- Maybe I'll see if Bao and T3 can break him down,pry all sorts of neat little thingamabobs I can make with HK parts. :p

More blasphemy, lol. I was joking about the wookiee. I know he won't be on P. Station, hehe.

Now THERE'S another character I didn't like: T3. I really hope he'll be more interactive in K2 and the new wookiee with have more of a personality. That would rock.

Now THERE'S another character I didn't like: T3. I really hope he'll be more interactive in K2 and the new wookiee with have more of a personality. That would rock.

That I agree with,more so with the Wookiee then T3. Because even if T3 doesn't have a lot of personality behind him,between him and Bao you have a portable workbench so he'll have a use to him even if it's not in battle and for conversations.

If I cant talk with it, I wont use it.

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

All in all the whole "strong, silent" type wookie didnt work. I didnt use Big Z until I hit Kashyyyk and his wierd little side quest. Wookie speak is very annoying after a while.

On official Sith business.

Politics is war without bloodshed while war is politics with bloodshed.

Mao Tse-Tung

Yes wookiee speak is annoying. SS what do you mean about T3 and Bao working together?