DVD version

Do you want KOTOR II realeased on DVD for PC?  

101 members have voted

1. 1. Do you want KOTOR II realeased on DVD for PC?

• 1) Yes
    • 2) No
    • 3) I don't have a DVD drive.

There is a poll on lucasarts.com which asks you if you do hava a DVD player on your pc.

Does this mean that they plan on releasing future games on DVD format?

If so do you think they will release KOTOR 2 on DVD?

And by the light of the moon

He prays for their beauty not doom

So I get it that nobody has a DVD drive...

how old are your pcs people?

even the pc i bought back in 1999 had a dvd-rom.

I'm not judging you, but I'm surprized to say the least.

And by the light of the moon

He prays for their beauty not doom

I've had a DVD drive for the past four or five years. And I'd like to see games the size of KOTOR2 released on DVD. Having to switch between four or five CD's is annoying, I think.

In K1, you only had to switch discs when you first installed the game.

Tho I do agree I'd rather have a one disc release. It would help cut down on piracy as well. As was said, alot of people have a dvd drive and if they don't then they are dirt cheap for a good one, but not alot of people have DVD writers.

I was always under the assumption he was more inspired by the Sci Fi serials he watched as a kid.

hmm do you know which? I always wondered if GL took inspiration from other Sci Fi series or just read ancient literature .. and then added some furturistic settings in! although it is a long long time ago .. and in another galaxy! good way to avoid plagiarism, "nope this happened even before ancient egypt, so they are ripping me off!!" :)

I think they should just make both versions if thry're so hot for DVD, but they won't make K2 for DVD, maybe K3 but not 2. It would too much of a surprise. And i doubt they want to lose money just because gates told them so.

DVD! DVD! DVD! DVD! DVD! DVD! DVD! DVD! DVD! DVD! DVD! DVD! DVD! DVD! DVD! DVD! DVD! DVD! DVD! DVD! DVD! DVD! DVD! DVD! DVD! DVD! DVD! DVD! DVD! DVD! DVD! DVD! DVD! DVD! DVD! DVD! DVD! DVD! DVD! DVD! DVD! DVD! DVD! DVD! DVD! DVD! DVD! DVD! DVD! DVD! DVD! DVD! DVD! DVD! DVD! DVD! DVD! DVD! DVD! DVD! DVD! DVD! DVD! DVD! DVD! DVD! DVD! DVD! DVD! DVD! DVD! DVD! DVD! DVD! DVD! DVD! DVD! DVD! DVD! DVD! DVD! DVD! DVD! DVD! DVD! DVD! DVD! DVD! DVD! DVD! DVD! DVD! DVD! DVD! DVD! DVD! DVD! DVD! DVD! DVD! DVD! DVD! DVD! DVD! DVD! DVD! DVD! DVD! DVD! DVD! DVD! DVD! DVD! DVD! DVD! DVD! DVD! DVD! DVD! DVD! DVD! DVD! DVD! DVD! DVD! DVD! DVD! DVD! DVD! DVD! DVD! DVD! DVD! DVD! DVD! DVD! DVD! DVD! DVD! DVD! DVD! DVD! DVD! DVD! DVD! DVD! DVD! DVD! DVD! DVD! DVD! DVD! DVD! DVD! DVD! DVD! DVD! DVD! DVD! DVD! DVD! DVD! DVD! DVD! DVD! DVD! DVD! DVD! DVD! DVD! DVD! DVD! DVD! DVD! DVD! DVD! DVD! DVD! DVD! DVD! DVD! DVD! DVD! DVD! DVD! DVD! DVD! DVD! DVD!

If its alot of CD's it would demand then DVD would be more favorable, but i suspect not all have a DVD player.

But anyways i rarely use CD's for anything aside from installing, after that i usually download a nocd patch since i hate having to shift cd all the time when i want to play another game, besides cd drive sometime tend to create lags when it speeding up or down.

Gimme DVD. o:)

New computer games are constantly requiring players to upgrade various system specs. The argument that not everyone has a DVD-ROM holds about zero weight with me. It's okay for games to require you to go out and buy new RAM, graphics cards, processors, etc. but asking consumers to pay $30 for a DVD-ROM is asking too much?

I still don't have DVD drive .. although as soon as the majority of games get released on DVD I will purchase one! but I support that its released on both DVD and CD ..

ps

the argument that it will cut down on piracy doesn't make any sense .. because now you just have to rip 2 dvds instead of 4-5 cds.

Fortune favors the bald.

There used to be a huge thread on this same subject; just check the past pages. Back then on the poll the majority of the members voted for DVD.

I'm in favor of both CD and DVD releases; not too long ago, companies not only had to release the same game in various media such as 5.25 or 3.5 floppies, 'cartridges', later CDs -but also in several hugely different platforms: on the Amiga, the PC, C-64, Atari, several early consoles etc. A Both CD-DVD release will 1)encourage some users to buy DVD drives, making them gradually more widespread, 2)Justify (!) the DVD drives of those who already have one 3)Won't place CD-only users under any difficulty if they don't want to buy a new drive just for one game.

It seems it won't be before games will start taking 35 CDs that users and companiers will consider 'converting to' DVD.

Zwangvolle Plage!

M

I only have two slots from my motherboard

That will allow you to have 4 drives

When dvd-r standards become settled and dvd-writers' prices drop, the CDs-era will come to an end. I have to keep making backups of loads of cds because I don't want to carry the originals around; it's a big frustration to have to write 700mbs at a time whereas you could take the files or the cd-images and stuff many inside a single dvd -besides the amount I pay for the CD-Rs could actually buy me a DVD-writer. So the moment dvd-writers are available at around $30 I'll jump at it.

Zwangvolle Plage!

M

I still don't have DVD drive .. although as soon as the majority of games get released on DVD I will purchase one! but I support that its released on both DVD and CD ..

ps

the argument that it will cut down on piracy doesn't make any sense .. because now you just have to rip 2 dvds instead of 4-5 cds.

Unless they release the game on the duel layer DVDs that are on the market now, which would mean that it would be only one DVD. A duel layer DVD is 8.5GB in size for those who don't know compaired to the 4.7GB that a normal DVD can store.

"The only difference between genius and stupidity is genius has its limits!" - Albert Einstein.

"It's better to be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt!"

"You can try to kill me, you'd fail!, but you can try!" - Revan.

"When you have exhausted all other possibilities whatever remains, however improbable must be the truth." - Sherlock Holmes (a.k.a. Sir Arthur Conan Dole)

"A lack of planning on your part, does not constitute an emergency on my part"

AscendedPaladin.png