Who was more sexy baddie?

With whom would you date?  

14 members have voted

1. 1. With whom would you date?

• Exar Kun
    • Kyp Durron

I thought that time has come to make some girl-oriented poll only.

So here we have two sith lords: legendary Exar Kun who lived 4000 years ago and nearly wiped out the Jedi Order, and Kyp Durron who was last known Sith Lord by now (and is famous for the destruction of several star systems and death of over 500 million people)...

Here are pictures of both gentlemen:

post-1577-1100869409_thumb.jpg

post-1577-1100887356_thumb.jpg

HERMOCRATES:

Nur Ab Sal was one such king. He it was, say the wise men of Egypt, who first put men in the colossus, making many freaks

of nature at times when the celestial spheres were well aligned.

SOCRATES:

This I doubt. We are hearing a child's tale.

Nope, but they are indeed similar (especially in the terms of personality).

HERMOCRATES:

Nur Ab Sal was one such king. He it was, say the wise men of Egypt, who first put men in the colossus, making many freaks

SOCRATES:

Did the ladies here even vote on this, or did they come to the conclusion that they're both ugly, or what?

Maybe there aren't any Ladies here, at this moment?

HERMOCRATES:

SOCRATES:

Both of these characters are kinda lame, so why would the ladies be interested in them?

too true

People laugh when I say that I think a jellyfish is one of the most beautiful things in the world. What they don't understand is, I mean a jellyfish with long, blond hair.

I thought that time has come to make some girl-oriented poll only.

So here we have two sith lords: legendary Exar Kun who lived 4000 years ago and nearly wiped out the Jedi Order, and Kyp Durron who was last known Sith Lord by now (and is famous for the destruction of several star systems and death of over 500 million people)...

Kyp Durron wasn't a Sith Lord. He was a Jedi who just tapped into the teachings of the ancient Sith. The Sith were basically done once Vader and the Emperor died. He was more Dark Jedi than anything else.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

he was a total lame ass who never recovered from being beat with a shoe as a child.

So then latter on he managed to find an indestructable ship (ya I know its brillant, I wonder how long it took them to come up with that gem) after the ghost of Exar Kum corrupted him. If I'm not mistaking he managed to defeat Luke Skywalker at one point.

People laugh when I say that I think a jellyfish is one of the most beautiful things in the world. What they don't understand is, I mean a jellyfish with long, blond hair.

Kyp Durron wasn't a Sith Lord. He was a Jedi who just tapped into the teachings of the ancient Sith. The Sith were basically done once Vader and the Emperor died. He was more Dark Jedi than anything else.

Actually Kyp was apprentice of Exar Kun and Dark Lord's apprentice is always considered as a sith lord. The same you can say that Exar Kun wasn't sithlord only dark jedi becouse he "just tapped" into ancient magic.

GOA with that logic half of all sithlords, weren't sithlords at all.

Besides in his time there was no one who could challenge him in force potential.

He declared himself a Sith on Endor, and no one could do anything with that.

Laozi's comment is typical (Laozi you have sam attitude as Kyp BTW) but I admit that I like that character (he's second favourite after Corran Horn) as one of only few characters of the crappy postROTJ era.

At least he kicks vong asses in NJO as a starfighter commander.

And never even pretended to be gentle-ideal-alwaysmiled-altruistic jedi looser.

I like that in him.

HERMOCRATES:

SOCRATES:

Laozi's comment is typical (Laozi you have sam attitude as Kyp BTW) but I admit that I like that character (he's second favourite after Corran Horn) as one of only few characters of the crappy postROTJ era.

And your attitude could only be shared by Kevin Anderson's wife, defending his mediocrity at every turn.

And your attitude could only be shared by Kevin Anderson's wife, defending his mediocrity at every turn.

Ouch.

"Things are funny...are comedic, because they mix the real with the absurd." - Buzz Aldrin.

"P-O-T-A-T-O-E" - Dan Quayle

Actually Kyp was apprentice of Exar Kun and Dark Lord's apprentice is always considered as a sith lord. The same you can say that Exar Kun wasn't sithlord only dark jedi becouse he "just tapped" into ancient magic.

GOA with that logic half of all sithlords, weren't sithlords at all.

Besides in his time there was no one who could challenge him in force potential.

He declared himself a Sith on Endor, and no one could do anything with that.

I always got the assumption that Kyp was under the pretense that he was using Sith teachings for "good" and that unlike those weak fools who fell to the dark side, Kyp felt that he could just "stop" himself if he wanted to.

That's not what a Sith Lord would do. Sith Lords EMBRACE the dark side. They don't make excuses for using it, but at the same time pretend they can turn back to the LS anytime they want.

IMO, a Sith Lord and a true Sith apprentice is one who completely embraces that path. Kyp never did. He used the Sith teachings to avenge his brother and to wreck havoc on Daala, but he always commented to himself that he could stop and didn't have to fall prey to the dark side if he wanted to. He never embraced being part of the dark side.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

Hmm you have a good point but on the other hand Exar Kun in the beginning of his "career" was commenting that he "wasn't on the darkside" that he "only had scientific curiosity" etc. and we know how he ended - as a full-fledged master of the Dark Side. Kyp was at the beginner's phase, when not all good was killed in him by the flowing darkness. A little longer, and he would start to be same baddie as Exar. I think that even if his sith career was very short (he was saved by Han in the last moment practically) he already shown typical signs of a Dark Apprentice (and the scheme was classical - he was seduced by an ancient spirit like Exar Kun who was seduced by the Freedon Nadd, this was often method of

creating new Sith).

I was always stunned how his thoughts were similar to Exar's reactions in "Dark Lords of he Sith" comic, shortly before he really began to embrace darkness fully.

HERMOCRATES:

SOCRATES:

there both not exactly wonderful but as i never even heard of kyp i voted exar theres never many nice looking baddies

Kyp is probaly the second worse character in the Star Wars EU, predictable, the authors seemed to believe later in the NJO that he should automatically garnered a certain amount of respect for some unexplainable reason. I'd rather read about the mating rituals of ewoks then have to endure another boorish commentary on Luke's most "impetuous" student.

Of course if names like The Dozen and Two Avengers thrill you then Kyp is the man for you :devil: