R.I.P. HK-47

What makes you think HK-47 is "dead" though? I'm sure there's more than one of those droids issued and walking around at one time, and even the dialogue mentions the "previous" droid, which by numerical indications, would be HK-49, not HK-47.

You might be correct, but that dialogue box doesn't really provide that proof.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

Hahaha it's very good becouse I hate that babbling idiot HK47. His humor was

idiotic.

HERMOCRATES:

Nur Ab Sal was one such king. He it was, say the wise men of Egypt, who first put men in the colossus, making many freaks

of nature at times when the celestial spheres were well aligned.

SOCRATES:

This I doubt. We are hearing a child's tale.

What makes you think HK-47 is "dead" though?  I'm sure there's more than one of those droids issued and walking around at one time, and even the dialogue mentions the "previous" droid, which by numerical indications, would be HK-49, not HK-47.

You might be correct, but that dialogue box doesn't really provide that proof.

Don't you remember the October issue of OXM ghostie? It was fairly detailed about HK's escapades and role on peragus. :blink:

It said protocol droid.  So I was thinking t3m4 or a c3p0 type droid.  Not an HK.

Ostensibly, HK is a 'protocol droid'. That is his official designation as he's "a law abiding droid, yes law abiding." :geek:

His assassination capabilities are secret....*hush hush* :ph34r:

manthing2.jpg

It said protocol droid.  So I was thinking t3m4 or a c3p0 type droid.  Not an HK.

T3M4 is an astromech/ utility droid like R2D2. HK-47 was a protocol droid of sorts- if/when you purchase him on Tantooine it's because he knows the Sand People language which is a standard protocol droid trait (cf C3PO), although I think HK was actually created as an assassin who emplyed 'protocol droid' as its cover).

But doesn't HK stand for a Hunter Killer droid?  Or did I just make that up in my head from watching Terminator too many times.

It is indeed, but the hunter killer series were in limited production so only a select few in the galaxy are aware of their existence - and what it truly entails... :ph34r:

manthing2.jpg

But doesn't HK stand for a Hunter Killer droid?  Or did I just make that up in my head from watching Terminator too many times.

I don't recall that specifically, although perhaps the choice of 'HK' was meant to evoke that, as well as being an obvious pun on AK-47.

Origins of HK-47's name:

HK-47 was the name of the drop ship that put you down on the planet surface in Shattered Steel.

:: Moment of Silence for HK-47 ::

Yuppi Yuppi Yau! :devil: :cool: :devil::-" (w00t) >_<:luck::(

HERMOCRATES:

Nur Ab Sal was one such king. He it was, say the wise men of Egypt, who first put men in the colossus, making many freaks

of nature at times when the celestial spheres were well aligned.

SOCRATES:

This I doubt. We are hearing a child's tale.

Assuming that the 'previous protocol droid' was in fact HK-47 is a very long shot. There are other protocol droids in the universe, you know.

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

Assuming that the 'previous protocol droid' was in fact HK-47 is a very long shot. There are other protocol droids in the universe, you know.

I am with numbers, I think they were mentioning some mundane protocol droid and not our guy.

And number dude I hate that cigeratte sig way to make me feel crappy for smoking :p