Designer Rambling 2: The Lightsaber

I don't personally think a lack of lightsaber will destroy the balance of the game, as lightsabers pretty heavily tilt the balance in a jedi's favor anyway. The only real difference between a lightsaber and a vibroblade is damage and the ability to deflect projectiles, yes? Of course, I could understand you not liking the idea of being a jedi with no lightsaber, but I don't see how it unbalances the game. Especially when, well... we haven't played it yet.

slightly off topic - Drakron's being WAY more negative than hades ever has been, and his comments aren't nearly so humorous as hades' are. The things he dislikes about the game have nothing to do with why you like it, obviously, so get over it already... people seem to have taken to chastizing hades as a regular ritual these past months, and they always seem to say the same things every time (If I remember correctly, it usually goes something like, "You always say the same things, hades!! Stop it! You don't mean it!"). Hades' comments, on the other hand, are ironically quite varied, even if the tone always stays the same.

Not meaning to be offensive here, just making a point...

The thing I don't understand about cortosis woven weapons is that in the EU books cortosis shorts out a lightsaber. This never happens in the game, and eventually the lightsaber can cut through the cortosis.

I think Spectre of the Past and I, Jedi made mention of this.

I remember reading or hearing somewhere that the time it takes for a person to get their saber will vary from person to person. So does that also mean that asides from gathering the parts to make one, a person will have to get more parts if they want a saber staff or even enough to make a second saber for dual wielding?

It would be cool if as you were playing you see an enemy pull out a lightsaber and be scared.  Because they would be so rare that you knew that enemy you were about to fight had lots of training.

Thats not going to happen.

It would be very cool. And no it won't happen, but that's something we have to suggest for K3.

I don't know, but if Kotor 2 is as good as Kotor, then Kotor 3 should be an all time classic game, like BG2, PS:T,F2 and so

Except if they decide to adopot most of the changes Hades_One suggests. Then we would go straight to KOTOR 1000 Sith Dragons.

And by the light of the moon

He prays for their beauty not doom

It would be cool if as you were playing you see an enemy pull out a lightsaber and be scared.  Because they would be so rare that you knew that enemy you were about to fight had lots of training.

Thats not going to happen.

It would be very cool. And no it won't happen, but that's something we have to suggest for K3.

Spox there will be proper mods.

HERMOCRATES:

Nur Ab Sal was one such king. He it was, say the wise men of Egypt, who first put men in the colossus, making many freaks

of nature at times when the celestial spheres were well aligned.

SOCRATES:

This I doubt. We are hearing a child's tale.

I would support this game more if I saw this game fixing more flaws of the first instead of expanding them.

Fixing the flaw of always playing a Jedi PC, for example? Well, I think this main flaw will get even worse in KotOR2. :(

"Jedi poodoo!" - some displeased Dug

S.L.J. said he has already filmed his death scene and was visibly happy that he

I'm sure they'll be lots of crystals, with the six slots that are in lightsabers now

People laugh when I say that I think a jellyfish is one of the most beautiful things in the world. What they don't understand is, I mean a jellyfish with long, blond hair.

I'm pretty sure only three are for crystals though, could be wrong

People laugh when I say that I think a jellyfish is one of the most beautiful things in the world. What they don't understand is, I mean a jellyfish with long, blond hair.

why does hades_one and drakron always complain about SOMETHING......no really has either of them ever posted in a topic WITHOUT complaining about how THEY want kotor 2 . if they are constantly complaining then why stay in these forums at all? why even consider buying the game?

sorry i realise this is a form of spam but they are both just irritating and selfish.

thankyou for reading