Designer Rambling 2: The Lightsaber

Some time will pass in K2 before you can get your lightsaber. This is done intentionally, to make you feel like you earned it - and once you have it, it is one of the best weapons in the game.

We felt that by working at finding the pieces to make one, it would end up being a much more personal quest when it was finally in your possession. So if you find yourself struggling for it, keep it mind that it will make when you get it feel all the sweeter.

What we wanted to avoid was the excess of lightsabers that showed up in Episode 2 and in K1, which we were worried would diminsh the blade's uniqueness as well. So we opted for making them rarer and cooler, and we hope the overall effect will come out well.

Anyway, more rambling - all done.

I like the idea of reducing the rampant saber usage, plus I didn't know you actually had to assemble it instead of just finding it

People laugh when I say that I think a jellyfish is one of the most beautiful things in the world. What they don't understand is, I mean a jellyfish with long, blond hair.

So not only we get stuck with playing a certain class style bute get a class featured removed for a long time.

I am supposed to feel more assured of the rule implementation of SW:KotORII:TSL or something because I certainly dont after reading this ...

drakron.png

So not only we get stuck with playing a certain class style bute get a class featured removed for a long time.

I am supposed to feel more assured of the rule implementation of SW:KotORII:TSL or something because I certainly dont after reading this ...

The goal is to make it more challenging... that's a good thing for any RPG as involved as the KOTOR series. If everything is given to you at the beginning then what is the point? :shifty: Enjoy the journey and enjoy the great rewards in the end.

Like I said, the main character will have one about the same time in gameplay as we did in the first KotOR. I don't see anything special about this. Also it make it sound like they are doing a more abstract treasure/loot system. I mean if I go against a Dark Jedi using a Lightsaber I should find it on his corpse. Only makes sense that way, but if you are going to make it rare then you either make that we don't find lightsabers on Dark Jedi, which is lame, or we will be going agianst non-Jedi which will be a pushover against a Jedi, which is also lame.

Like I said, the main character will have one about the same time in gameplay as we did in the first KotOR.  I don't see anything special about this.  Also it make it sound like they are doing a more abstract treasure/loot system.  I mean if I go against a Dark Jedi using a Lightsaber I should find it on his corpse.  Only makes sense that way, but if you are going to make it rare then you either make that we don't find lightsabers on Dark Jedi, which is lame, or we will be going agianst non-Jedi which will be a pushover against a Jedi, which is also lame.

we get it. you don't like games with a strong and compelling story. you obviously prefer running aroung aimlessly butchering random creatures or shooting the breeze with anonymous npcs...

there is a trade off; a strong story or freedom. i prefer a strong story...

Like I said, the main character will have one about the same time in gameplay as we did in the first KotOR.  I don't see anything special about this.  Also it make it sound like they are doing a more abstract treasure/loot system.  I mean if I go against a Dark Jedi using a Lightsaber I should find it on his corpse.  Only makes sense that way, but if you are going to make it rare then you either make that we don't find lightsabers on Dark Jedi, which is lame, or we will be going agianst non-Jedi which will be a pushover against a Jedi, which is also lame.

You just have to find faults don't you? Can't you leave a little inconsistency for the sake of gameplay. With you its either too many lightsabers or not enough. On another note, we are still playing Jedi... :D!

we get it. you don't like games with a strong and compelling story. you obviously prefer running aroung aimlessly butchering random creatures or shooting the breeze with anonymous npcs...

You can have a strong compelling story with freedom. It has been done so in the past and there is no reason why it can't be done now.

You can have a strong compelling story with freedom. It has been done so in the past and there is no reason why it can't be done now.

one thing limits the other and there is a trade off. i can't see the story in kotor 1 being told otherwise, thus allowing more freedom.

you've been moaning and complaining for a good 6 months now; even though you haven't even tried kotor 2.

Neither have you so how can you constantly be praising and supporting a game you haven't played yet?

are you "talking" to me? if so, you're wrong. i expect this game to be great, because i loved kotor 1, but i have never said it is a great game. nevertheless, i'm super confident it'll be super...

i'll let it go.

ps.

one thing puzzles me. you played kotor and obviously you found it flawed and maybe even just an average game? still, you were one of the first posters on this board. ironic...

You know that not all jedi weilded a lightsaber all the time.

Where is the bell, wait for the bell, k i need the bell, wait the bell! Ding bonda dong! Ding bonda dong! Ding bonda dong! Ding bonda dong!

Kazic wants you.... to join the pinkside!

one thing puzzles me. you played kotor and obviously you found it flawed and maybe even just an average game? still, you were one of the first posters on this board. ironic...

Hardly ironic. I have been following Obsidian when these boards first opened before the Bioware Hand-me-downs were announced. I was following the developers, not the games. What can I say? I am a Avellone and Urqhart fan. (w00t)

Some time will pass in K2 before you can get your lightsaber. This is done intentionally, to make you feel like you earned it - and once you have it, it is one of the best weapons in the game.

We felt that by working at finding the pieces to make one, it would end up being a much more personal quest when it was finally in your possession. So if you find yourself struggling for it, keep it mind that it will make when you get it feel all the sweeter.

What we wanted to avoid was the excess of lightsabers that showed up in Episode 2 and in K1, which we were worried would diminsh the blade's uniqueness as well. So we opted for making them rarer and cooler, and we hope the overall effect will come out well.

Anyway, more rambling - all done.

Got to love when you ramble

"Your total disregard for the law and human decency both disgusts me and touches my heart. Bless you, sir."

"Soilent Green is people. This guy's just a homeless heroin junkie who got in a internet caf

I would support this game more if I saw this game fixing more flaws of the first instead of expanding them.

Which flaws did you want to be fixed?

"Your total disregard for the law and human decency both disgusts me and touches my heart. Bless you, sir."

"Soilent Green is people. This guy's just a homeless heroin junkie who got in a internet caf