Designer Rambling: Security Skill

Every game has its weaknesses and their strengths.  I leave the fanboys to point out the strengths of a game while I stick to pointing out the weaknesses.

YOu have a point about the weaknesses but we're trying to learn more about the game not have the games being ****ted on by someone! But I think you have a point that KotOR had it's weaknesses and I'm expecting this game to have weaknesses too.

Where is the bell, wait for the bell, k i need the bell, wait the bell! Ding bonda dong! Ding bonda dong! Ding bonda dong! Ding bonda dong!

Kazic wants you.... to join the pinkside!

Its seems like it'd be hard to determine the games merits when it hasn't been released yet

People laugh when I say that I think a jellyfish is one of the most beautiful things in the world. What they don't understand is, I mean a jellyfish with long, blond hair.

Not really. The game uses the same engine as KotOR 1 as well as the same game rule mechanics. It is easy to extrapolate that the sequel will have the same strengths and weaknesses that the engine and rules system has. Also there is a good deal of information that has been released of the game which one can judge as well.

but not definitively right?

People laugh when I say that I think a jellyfish is one of the most beautiful things in the world. What they don't understand is, I mean a jellyfish with long, blond hair.

So why act like it is?

Can lightsabers bash open containers without damage to the contents? The first reply from CA would seem to indicate that. Or is he referring to Kotor and not K2? For security to be useful there must be some containers that can resist 'bashing'.

More ramblings, some differences with the security skill from K1:

1. There's a lot of locked containers in K2. Usually you can bash them open instead of opening them with security, but if you bash open some containers (not all), you'll end up damaging the contents, so be careful - having a high Security skill can make it so you pop open containers without damaging them.

Chris

Can lightsabers bash open containers without damage to the contents? The first reply from CA would seem to indicate that. Or is he referring to Kotor and not K2? For security to be useful there must be some containers that can resist 'bashing'.

The way I understand it you can still bash a container but you risk damaging the contents.

"The only difference between genius and stupidity is genius has its limits!" - Albert Einstein.

"It's better to be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt!"

"You can try to kill me, you'd fail!, but you can try!" - Revan.

"When you have exhausted all other possibilities whatever remains, however improbable must be the truth." - Sherlock Holmes (a.k.a. Sir Arthur Conan Dole)

"A lack of planning on your part, does not constitute an emergency on my part"

AscendedPaladin.png

You couldn't bash things on xbox, I assume that will change

Does that mean lightsabers or any melee weapon? Is the risk of damaging contents the same for any attempt to bash them open? It would have to be to prevent all that bashing in Kotor.

I am guessing, Like in KOTOR, all melee weapons!

ummm.... yes you could, as it has already been stated you could bash doors, storage bins, and boxs in the Xbox version of KOTOR.

"The only difference between genius and stupidity is genius has its limits!" - Albert Einstein.

"It's better to be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt!"

"You can try to kill me, you'd fail!, but you can try!" - Revan.

"When you have exhausted all other possibilities whatever remains, however improbable must be the truth." - Sherlock Holmes (a.k.a. Sir Arthur Conan Dole)

"A lack of planning on your part, does not constitute an emergency on my part"

AscendedPaladin.png

I'm pretty sure they just left out the use of tunnelers for the pc version, think I read that somewhere.

No, I had them in my inventory and Mission would make them for me. I just couldn't use them.

Thats what I mean...They left the USE of them out, not them in entirety.

I agree with Hades_One, that would be very stupid.

"Working for Davik was like driving a spike in the side of your head. Sure, you got something new up there, but in the end, you've lost something as well." - Canderous

"But I though Jedi weren't allowed to love." - Handmaiden

"But some do it anyway. We call it pulling a Bindo." - The Exile

I don't see how lightsabers woulld cause too much damage.  All you have to do is touch the lock withthe blade and it will melt away.  Just watch Episode 1 to see that.

I can imagine it can get quite hot in that container that you cut open with a light sabre. Maybe even make containt catch fire............... :devil:

You could bash doors and containers!

That's crazy I never once used that. I guess security skills can really come in handy