Designer Rambling: Security Skill

I do care because the word Greek was a word Turks used for us when we were slaves of them less than 200 years before.

And you want to make us believe that you have suffered a trauma by this times? :)

I think you are going over the top a little bit ... ;)

"Jedi poodoo!" - some displeased Dug

S.L.J. said he has already filmed his death scene and was visibly happy that he

I'm from Texas, thats a relatively small country

People laugh when I say that I think a jellyfish is one of the most beautiful things in the world. What they don't understand is, I mean a jellyfish with long, blond hair.

Well I think the word Germany is absolutly correct for someone who doesn't live here. Because it comes from "Germania" (latin). The first time the word Deutsch appeared was in the 400th century and English was already developed why should they change it?

Yes, why change it? From that point of view the British are the Angels and the Saxons, the Dutch are Germans, too, and the Italians, descendants of the Romans, still call all of us the Barbarians, or what?

"Jedi poodoo!" - some displeased Dug

S.L.J. said he has already filmed his death scene and was visibly happy that he

Well, we've got a swed (me) a norwegian (Alyt) and a dane (Rosbjerg) Whatch out everyone, Scandinavia is invading and taking over everything!  :)

nah ..we Danes don't like to run things .. but we do like to criticize those in power! because we know we could do a better job, we just don't want to! ;)

but if you want to invade the world your welcome, I would much rather invite a Swedish superpower than any one of those that exist today ..

Fortune favors the bald.

Guest Fallen Jedi
Well, we've got a swed (me) a norwegian (Alyt) and a dane (Rosbjerg) Whatch out everyone, Scandinavia is invading and taking over everything!  :devil:

Actually only Sweden and Norway are to be considered Scandinavian countries.

(Sorry for being a smart-ass :rolleyes: )

Well, we've got a swed (me) a norwegian (Alyt) and a dane (Rosbjerg) Whatch out everyone, Scandinavia is invading and taking over everything!  :devil:

(Sorry for being a smart-ass :rolleyes: )

eh .. no .. Denmark is ceartinly part of scandinavia.. sorry for being a smart-ass! :devil:

its not my fault your not part of our fellowship! :D

Fortune favors the bald.

Didn't you guys almost exstinguish the Finns at one time?

People laugh when I say that I think a jellyfish is one of the most beautiful things in the world. What they don't understand is, I mean a jellyfish with long, blond hair.

Guest Fallen Jedi

What do you mean by "you guys"?

Yes, we were once a "part of Sweden"

But no, we haven't been even close to extinguishing.

(Sorry for being a smart-ass  :rolleyes:  )

Nope. Sweden and Norway are Scandinavian countries because the Scandinavian mountains (=Skandit in Finnish) are between Norway and Sweden.

What do you mean by "you guys"?

Yes, we were once a "part of Sweden"

But no, we haven't been even close to extinguishing.

(Sorry for being a smart-ass  :rolleyes:  )

Nope. Sweden and Norway are Scandinavian countries because the Scandinavian mountains (=Skandit in Finnish) are between Norway and Sweden.

Scandinavia is the cultural and historic region of the Scandinavian Peninsula. The Scandinavian countries are Norway, Sweden and Denmark, which mutually recognize each other as parts of Scandinavia. The collective label "Scandinavia" reflects the cultural similarity between these countries despite their political independence. The terms Fennoscandia and Fenno-Scandinavia are sometimes used for an extended region.

The usage and meaning of the term outside Scandinavia is somewhat ambiguous:

Finland and Iceland are many times counted as parts of Scandinavia.

In a German mindset, Norway, Sweden and Finland are usually included, but Denmark is not.

In a British mindset, Norway, Sweden, and Denmark are usually included, often with the addition of Iceland and Finland.

These alternative meanings are considered incorrect in the local languages, and occasionally some people may take offense by such usage in English.

The term the Nordic countries is used unambiguously for the Scandinavian kingdoms of Norway, Sweden, Denmark, and the republics of Finland and Iceland.

The terms Fennoscandia and Fenno-Scandinavia may either be used to include the Scandinavian peninsula, the Kola peninsula, Karelia and Finland under the same term alluding to the Fennoscandian Shield, or they may be used in a more cultural sense, more or less as a synonyme for the Nordic countries, to signify the historically close contact between Finnic, Sami and Scandinavian peoples and cultures.

Outside of Europe, the Netherlands are sometimes mistakenly considered Scandinavian as well. The reason for this seems to be confusion with Denmark; both are small Teutonic countries bordering the North Sea, and the adjectives Dutch and Danish are a bit alike.

from Wikipedia

read this page:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scandinavia

I really guarantee that Denmark is part of scandinavia .. You must be thinking of something else! because all of the 6 million people in our country consider themselves scandinavian!! and don't tell me you know better than the entire population of Denmark ..

+ everyone in Norway and Sweden count Denmark as part of the group as well..

Fortune favors the bald.

Outside of Europe, the Netherlands are sometimes mistakenly considered Scandinavian as well. The reason for this seems to be confusion with Denmark; both are small Teutonic countries bordering the North Sea, and the adjectives Dutch and Danish are a bit alike.

Yeah, but they don't think Dutch is something you van eat... :rolleyes:

Guest Fallen Jedi
Scandinavia is the cultural and historic region of the Scandinavian Peninsula. The Scandinavian countries are Norway, Sweden and Denmark, which mutually recognize each other as parts of Scandinavia. The collective label "Scandinavia" reflects the cultural similarity between these countries despite their political independence. The terms Fennoscandia and Fenno-Scandinavia are sometimes used for an extended region.

The usage and meaning of the term outside Scandinavia is somewhat ambiguous:

Finland and Iceland are many times counted as parts of Scandinavia.

In a German mindset, Norway, Sweden and Finland are usually included, but Denmark is not.

In a British mindset, Norway, Sweden, and Denmark are usually included, often with the addition of Iceland and Finland.

These alternative meanings are considered incorrect in the local languages, and occasionally some people may take offense by such usage in English.

The term the Nordic countries is used unambiguously for the Scandinavian kingdoms of Norway, Sweden, Denmark, and the republics of Finland and Iceland.

The terms Fennoscandia and Fenno-Scandinavia may either be used to include the Scandinavian peninsula, the Kola peninsula, Karelia and Finland under the same term alluding to the Fennoscandian Shield, or they may be used in a more cultural sense, more or less as a synonyme for the Nordic countries, to signify the historically close contact between Finnic, Sami and Scandinavian peoples and cultures.

from Wikipedia

read this page:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scandinavia

I really guarantee that Denmark is part of scandinavia .. You must be thinking of something else! because all of the 6 million people in our country consider themselves scandinavian!! and don't tell me you know better than the entire population of Denmark ..

+ everyone in Norway and Sweden count Denmark as part of the group as well..

Obviously you are much wiser than I am in this matter and it's better that I will not argue with you anymore.

:">

Peace and love! :D

Obviously you are much wiser than I am in this matter and it's better that I will not argue with you anymore.

:">

Peace and love! :D

sorry didn't mean to flame.. I actually became mad! strange.. must be very proud of my scandinavian ancestry.. :lol: but no offence taken! In all honesty Denmark is easy to overlook .. :)

Fortune favors the bald.