Do you guys keep even numbers?

Playing through KOTOR I got to the point where I knew the best item for every slot and made sure that my stats would stay at even numbers. That way I could the most modifier points.

In TSL when you don't know what kinds of items are out there are you guys gonna keep most of your stats in the even numbers or will you go odd counting on items and level ups to make those odd numbers into even numbers?

In fact I prefer to start with 3 or 4 stats in odd numbers and the rest even. That way I can get better stat modifiers in those when leveling instead of having to focus all the bonus stat points in one stat.

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

Well, I usually picked scout as the first class because of high saving throws and quality free feats. I haven't really decided what I'll start as in KOTOR 2.

I usually choose 15 Dex and keep the others at even numbers. If I go guardian it's usually 14 STR, 15 DEX, 10 CON, 14 INT, 12 WIS and 12 CHA and I put all my points into Dex, upping other stuff with items.

For a Sentinel I like to drop the INT to 10 because of the already high amount of skills and use those points to buff WIS and CHA to 14 each. Moving two from STR to CON makes up some hit points, but with high defense and immunities you don't really need it.

I think this strategy is pretty universal; does anyone have other cool builds?

baby, take off your beret

everyone's a critic and most people are DJs

Counting the numbers as even or odd is such a powergamer thing to do. But we're all human, I plan to try to even them out based upon the class that I play, which is probably gonna be more Force focused such as counsler.

Is power gaming a bad thing? I can't help it if I have to be perfect! Please help me of this diseas :">

Well, I usually picked scout as the first class because of high saving throws and quality free feats. I haven't really decided what I'll start as in KOTOR 2.

I usually choose 15 Dex and keep the others at even numbers. If I go guardian it's usually 14 STR, 15 DEX, 10 CON, 14 INT, 12 WIS and 12 CHA and I put all my points into Dex, upping other stuff with items.

My favourite build (also Scout) is pretty similar except that I take Dex at 16 and Wis 10. This is because I go for a Guardian Light Side Master with the Wis boosting LS-only robe and headgear. I also prefer an all-Jedi party so with the likes of Jolee there to back me up I have more than enough force points for my needs.

I take Dex at an even number because, as a Scout 8/ Guardian 12 I can hit Dex 26 from level ups and that level 3 implant which gives +5 Dex. In general I don't worry too much about odds or evens, if I can't make the best use of an item one of the NPCs usually can and items give both odd and even bonuses.

Is power gaming a bad thing?  I can't help it if I have to be perfect!  Please help me of this diseas :">

It can be in tabletop gaming, especially if it interferes with everyone else's fun. In computer games, however, at least in solo play, the only person whose fun matters is you.

I enjoy creating my ideal character build in games like KotOR, although definitions of 'ideal' will obviously vary.

DS Jedi Guardian... In the beginning i will put make Charisma about 12 for a slightly extra force points for when i cast Master Speed to buff up my PC strength and defense. I put attribute points into dexterity more so then strength because of the simple fact that there are more strength enhancers in the game..Including DS Revans robes which adds 2 points to strength.

My favourite build (also Scout) is pretty similar except that I take Dex at 16 and Wis 10. This is because I go for a Guardian Light Side Master with the Wis boosting LS-only robe and headgear. I also prefer an all-Jedi party so with the likes of Jolee there to back me up I have more than enough force points for my needs.

I take Dex at an even number because, as a Scout 8/ Guardian 12 I can hit Dex 26 from level ups and that level 3 implant which gives +5 Dex. In general I don't worry too much about odds or evens, if I can't make the best use of an item one of the NPCs usually can and items give both odd and even bonuses.

Very interesting... I have the Xbox version (w/o downloadable content) so I never had the "mastery" bonuses that PC users had.

I wonder if there will be mastery bonuses in KOTOR 2. I don't really like the idea, because I tend to play neutral anyway, and I don't like missing out.

baby, take off your beret

everyone's a critic and most people are DJs

I wonder if there will be mastery bonuses in KOTOR 2. I don't really like the idea, because I tend to play neutral anyway, and I don't like missing out.

You've only got yourself to blame- as Aneurin Bevan put it, when you walk down the middle of the road you get hit by the traffic coming each way! :D