EU (not the European Union)

What are your feeling against EU?  

77 members have voted

1. 1. What are your feeling against EU?

• 1) I pretty much like everything that is Star Wars
    • 2) I do like most of them, but I'm keeping second thoughts about some of their suggestions.
    • 3) I only like few things about EU.
    • 4) I couldn't care less for EU.
    • 5) What is the EU?
    • 6) Great another meaningless poll.

Having recently extended my knowledge of Star Wars to the books of Zahn and the NJO novels. I fell that EU is a really good addition to a galaxy that is far far away.

Although I did find some issues irritating in general I think I enjoyed the expirience.

What is your opion of EU?

Like it or not?

And by the light of the moon

He prays for their beauty not doom

It lame, so lame that only lamebots like it

People laugh when I say that I think a jellyfish is one of the most beautiful things in the world. What they don't understand is, I mean a jellyfish with long, blond hair.

It's brilliant, so brilliant that only total dumbass doesn't like it... :thumbsup:

HERMOCRATES:

Nur Ab Sal was one such king. He it was, say the wise men of Egypt, who first put men in the colossus, making many freaks

of nature at times when the celestial spheres were well aligned.

SOCRATES:

This I doubt. We are hearing a child's tale.

Personally I like a few things about the EU, very few. Some characters such as Thrawn, the Solo children; places like Korriban, Ossus; or whole stories like Shadows of the Empire (Both game and novel versions) and Tales of the Jedi are for the most part to my liking.

However the vast majority of the rest of the EU, in particular most post-RotJ stuff I truly hate. Games are fine because I don't see them as anything more than that but the novels and comics to me ruin a lot of what I like about SW.

Personally I like a few things about the EU, very few. Some characters such as Thrawn, the Solo children; places like Korriban, Ossus; or whole stories like Shadows of the Empire (Both game and novel versions) and Tales of the Jedi are for the most part to my liking.

However the vast majority of the rest of the EU, in particular most post-RotJ stuff I truly hate. Games are fine because I don't see them as anything more than that but the novels and comics to me ruin a lot of what I like about SW.

You can't beat TOTJ it just kicks ass!

I've only read the comics, and for the most part they're good. Wasn't a big fan of Dark Empire, but the rest was pretty good. The ongoing prequel comics are a lot better than the actual movies.

The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

I enjoy the EU for the most part. I feel it helps flesh out the SW universe, expanding on the great themes that the movies began. There are aspects of the EU that drive me nuts, such as the stupid cloned Emperor, the whole Callista fiasco, and a few others. But as a whole, I'm a fan of the EU and purchase the novels that are released.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

Mixed bag. I enjoyed some of the early novels and comics before I outgrew it. Plus the decline in quality due to quantity.

"Things are funny...are comedic, because they mix the real with the absurd." - Buzz Aldrin.

"P-O-T-A-T-O-E" - Dan Quayle

You can't beat TOTJ it just kicks ass!

Agreed. TOTJ are best comic books that have ever been created.

HERMOCRATES:

Nur Ab Sal was one such king. He it was, say the wise men of Egypt, who first put men in the colossus, making many freaks

SOCRATES:

With any luck one day they'll make cartoons out of EU books and go on and make new movie for the rest of those with taste

People laugh when I say that I think a jellyfish is one of the most beautiful things in the world. What they don't understand is, I mean a jellyfish with long, blond hair.

This only means that you've never read masterful comic series called "Republic"...

I must agree that some of postROTJ novels is weak but NJO is best. While I don't like many details like destruction of Coruscant and Yavin, novels are very interesting, full of interesting intrigues and plot twists. Clone Wars series is even

better with masterpieces like Cestus Deception or Shatterpoint.

I think that you should just read some of these things (maybe begin with republic comics) and you'll see that EU will begin to shine bright for you.

HERMOCRATES:

SOCRATES:

Yes after reading a few you'll slowly start to feel your own thoughts and opinions not really mattering much anymore, then you'll be emersed in the EU. Next step using the word "cannon" almost uncontrollable. Soon you'll be able to enjoy writting so poor that you wouldn't even touch it if it didn't say Star Wars, but on the other end of the rainbow now Michael A. Stackpole can afford a house that he would never had been able to obtain on his own merits, so think of it as charity if any lingering doubts remain.

You'll have dreams of giant lizards with tongues that come out of there noses and rancor riding force witches, and every character you love from the movies will eventually get cloned. You've reached a zenith

Yes after reading a few you'll slowly start to feel your own thoughts and opinions not really mattering much anymore, then you'll be emersed in the EU. Next step using the word "cannon" almost uncontrollable. Soon you'll be able to enjoy writting so poor that you wouldn't even touch it if it didn't say Star Wars, but on the other end of the rainbow now Michael A. Stackpole can afford a house that he would never had been able to obtain on his own merits, so think of it as charity if any lingering doubts remain.

You'll have dreams of giant lizards with tongues that come out of there noses and rancor riding force witches, and every character you love from the movies will eventually get cloned. You've reached a zenith

;) couldn't agree more!

Fortune favors the bald.

Clone Wars series is even better with masterpieces like Cestus Deception or Shatterpoint.

I have read all of the clone wars stuff so far (except for the two that were just released), and I must say that Cestus Deception was probably to best of the lot. I recommend it to everyone!

Jedi Trial is somewhat disappointing. I was hoping it would be based more on Anakin's trial to Knighthood, but he's scarcely in the book for the first half, and when he is, it's more a military role rather than what I figured a Jedi Trial would be.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

I usually only read fine litterature so I have no desire to explore the EU.

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

This only means that you've never read masterful comic series called "Republic"...

I must agree that some of postROTJ novels is weak but NJO is best. While I don't like many details like destruction of Coruscant and Yavin, novels are very interesting, full of interesting intrigues and plot twists. Clone Wars series is even

better with masterpieces like Cestus Deception or Shatterpoint.

I think that you should just read some of these things (maybe begin with republic comics) and you'll see that EU will begin to shine bright for you.

No I haven't read Republic yet. Maybe I'll check it out.

But genrally I've found I like much better anything done before the movies, and mostly I've read novels not comics. However I did read enough of NJO to know I didn't like it a bit so on that one we differ.

I still would have to buy the TotJ comics if I were to begin a collection, I never read all of them. Then maybe Republic, and then Heir to the Empire and Shadows of the Empire. I think that might be an alright place to start.

Thanks Nur!