Levelling, loot and ninjas.

A 900-lb pink Rhinocerus used as ammo in catapults.

Nah, it's just a reverse-blade sword.

"McDonald's taste damn good. I'd rtahe reat their wonderful food then the poisonous junk you server in your house that's for sure.

What's funny is I'm not fat. In fact, I'm skinny. Though I am as healthy as cna be. Outside of being very ugly, and the common cold once in the blue moon I simply don't get sick."

- Volourn, Slayer of Yrkoon!

"I want a Lightsaber named Mr. Zappy" -- Darque

"I'm going to call mine Darque. Then I can turn Darque on anytime I want." -- GhostofAnakin

Ohhh the Mongol hordes, the only people in history that really and truly knew how to wage war. Total destruction of the enemy and his resources, salting the land, poisoning the water, and killing the men women and children. Fear personofied.

VIKINGS > EVERYTHING

Hmmm, I'd like to see them fight, I'll bet my Mongols would win.

Ten mongols against ten vikings?

If the mongols were on horse, riding around the vikings with bows strung, maybe they woud win. But please bear in mind, the worst norwegian and islandic berserkers would normally eat some 'amanita muscaria' toadstool a few days before, "destill" it by pissing out the poison, then they'd share this liquid, and drink it before combat, to go completely insane. There are several stories about berserker vikings who would keep on fighting with arms torn off, and with half a douzen arrows in them.

You want 10 asian guys on foot, meeting 10 of these dudes? :)

If the mongols invaded viking settlements with thousands of riders, now that would be something else.

Women Vikings >>>> Everything.

How can Women Vikings be strictly greater than Everything since Everything includes Women Vikings?

Basically Women Vikings !> Women Vikings :):)

The correct order would be

Ninja women vikings with katanas >> Women vikings > everything else :)

wrong as usually, apparently.

naked ninja women vikings with katanas >>> Ninja women vikings with katanas >> Women vikings > everything else

I just want to shatter everyones illusions about the grandiose and honourable samurai...

they were scum actually. betrayed people here and there, raped a couple of women, etc. kinda like european chivalrous knights really. that went around and raped women, killed for money, betrayed their lords and kings and alot more things.

... there, done.

What do you want?.. blink.gif

A a half-western Japan-inspired RPG would be great. No classes, though.

Another thing that would be great is the implemenation of fighting styles instead of classes, i.e what kind of weapons you use and how you use them. So if you have trained a lot during your youth with, say, kodachis or any other short blade, you'd be fast and highly defensive, giving you a large advantage over longer blades but making you loose some of your reach in battle. It would also be nice if you could combine some of your weapon profiency with some skill in a martial art or two.

"McDonald's taste damn good. I'd rtahe reat their wonderful food then the poisonous junk you server in your house that's for sure.

What's funny is I'm not fat. In fact, I'm skinny. Though I am as healthy as cna be. Outside of being very ugly, and the common cold once in the blue moon I simply don't get sick."

- Volourn, Slayer of Yrkoon!

"I want a Lightsaber named Mr. Zappy" -- Darque

"I'm going to call mine Darque. Then I can turn Darque on anytime I want." -- GhostofAnakin

Well, surely you could have both Vikings and Ninjas as playable classes. Wizardry 8 also happens to have the Valkyrie as a playable class. My point (well, one of them) is that it would be just swell to have a nice diverse group of classes to choose from. So naturally, I wouldn't object to, perhaps, 50 different playable classes. I don't think that's an unreasonable suggestion.

this isn't exactly what your looking for. but its an immpresive looking chinese RPG

Jade Empire

but no ninja's. or samurai. although samurai do suck. vikings are far cooler.

and it took the mongols over 14 years to conquer Kiev. and Kiev was (and still is) a reletively minor city compared to say Rome or Paris. the mongols simply didn't have the knowledge in seige warfare to take on european fortress-cities successfully

Ten mongols against ten vikings?

If the mongols were on horse, riding around the vikings with bows strung, maybe they woud win. But please bear in mind, the worst norwegian and islandic berserkers would normally eat some 'amanita muscaria' toadstool a few days before, "destill" it by pissing out the poison, then they'd share this liquid, and drink it before combat, to go completely insane. There are several stories about berserker vikings who would keep on fighting with arms torn off, and with half a douzen arrows in them.

You want 10 asian guys on foot, meeting 10 of these dudes? ;)

If the mongols invaded viking settlements with thousands of riders, now that would be something else.

Of course the mongols are on horseback. That is because as the vikings are just preparing camp in the late evening after a long day of chasing what they thought was the main mongol force, they are rode down upon by a detachment of mongol horse archers with reflex bows the vikings never even saw coming.

Well, surely you could have both Vikings and Ninjas as playable classes. Wizardry 8 also happens to have the Valkyrie as a playable class. My point (well, one of them) is that it would be just swell to have a nice diverse group of classes to choose from. So naturally, I wouldn't object to, perhaps, 50 different playable classes. I don't think that's an unreasonable suggestion.

*shudder*

I can imagine the game meeting on that one:

Dev1: "Hey, ninjas totally make my pee pee hard, lets have them as a playable class"

Dev2: "sweeeeeet. Hey, how about we put in some Norse babes with huge assets ans small armour?"

Dev1: "Woh! That'd like totaly rock, yeah. Vikings kick ass, especially if they're female and not wearing enough armour to protect a small mouse"

Dev2: "This game'll rock"

Dev3: "Hang on, the classic idea of a ninja iis mostly based on the activity in 15th and 16th century japan, while the valkyrie is a mythical angel style charicter from norse mythology. That'd be 9th/10th century and earlier. Given the game has a classical European fantasy setting arn't ninja's out of place? At worst they cheapen the setting of the game by simply latching onto the current culteral facination with japan?

Dev1: "Like STFU dude, ninjas totaly rock. Dont make me flip out and cut your head off"

Dev2: "Yeah loser. Go get me a coffee"

True that one works to an extent but atleast those games stick within a specific sphere, middle earth is pleasantly light on the whole ninja/samuri/martial arts side of things and morrowind likewise.

I like ninjas as much as the next games player but if you're working with a specific game setting atleast try to keep it fitting in atmosphere. It just seems a little odd to have a game set in classicl european fantasy land with lots of knights, orcs theives and whatnot, then some uberl33t ninja martial artist dude tagging along.

The general sticking in of martial arts to make things look cooler is damn annoying. It's like bullet time, cool the first few times you see it but after the seeing it used on so many adverts and films it gets old.

I say no to ninjas in games unless the game setting is in feudal japan or modern times (and even then it better have a good excuse).

Leveling: awesome if not done constantly, that way it gets old fast

Looting: Cool if you fond something worthy, or very frustrating if you only get a lousy gold piece every time.

Ninjas: Can't find anything bad to say about that. They're super :p

I too would like to see a game with more than one hand to hand combat class. Weapons are cool and everything but it would bee nice if you weren't an easy target without them and it makes barfights much less deadly :p

And one more thing. I prefer my Naked viking women with katanas without the katanas. Someone might drop a member and that ain't too cool ;)

It just seems a little odd to have a game set in classicl european fantasy land with lots of knights, orcs theives and whatnot, then some uberl33t ninja martial artist dude tagging along.

What if the ninja was carried into Europe by two African swallows?

It just seems a little odd to have a game set in classicl european fantasy land with lots of knights, orcs theives and whatnot, then some uberl33t ninja martial artist dude tagging along.

Who do you think the Black Knight was? Thats right, a ninja, and he was the lone survivor of a party of ninja.

The french? Pirates, the well known, and formidable nemesis of the ninja.

If a game were to include ninja, I'd prefer if they were handled accurately and split into Koga and Iga ninja (who had different philosophies, focuses, and historical origins). I get kinda tired of seeing Koga represented but not my Iga. Still, ninja always add a bit of fun to a game.

Who do you think the Black Knight was? Thats right, a ninja, and he was the lone survivor of a party of ninja.

Aye, but did the swallows carried the Knight with or without armor?

Aye, but did the swallows carried the Knight with or without armor?

Depends... what variety of swallow, and how many.