Levelling, loot and ninjas.

I like levelling. I've just been playing Wizardry 8, which has a nice amount of levelling, and a nice levelling system. I'd like Project X to have a nice high level cap (somewhere like level 200 should be adequate) and the possibility to just wander around aimlessly, killing stuff and levelling.

And preferably also collecting a large amount of fat loot. That would be nice.

Also, I'd like the classes (If you do decide to use a class based levelling system) to be nice and diverse, much like those in Wizardry 8. By the way, Wizardry 8 has ninjas and samurai. If you could see your way clear to putting at least one of those character classes in your game (preferably ninjas if you have to choose between the two) that would be swell.

So, let's see, levelling, loot, ninjas. Think I've covered everything.

Oh yeah, feel free to add discussion expounding on the virtues of the subjects of discussion.

Hmm, very interesting point. Perhaps not about the obsession with lvling and looting, but I'd like to see a Samurai or ninja roleplaying game. Samurai especially. Every since "The Last Samurai" came out I've been pouring over everything I can find about these ancient people. fascinating. I believe there is great substance for an RPG there.

I second that idea. Samurais kick ass! I'd really like to see more Chinese or Japanese oriented games in the market, though I refer not to anime or Final Fantasy but instead refer to historical settings which are really quite interesting, even more so than medieval Europe, IMO. Besides, Kung Fu is the epitome of badass and Yin/Yang would work well as a Karma/Reputation oriented RPG system with Feng Shui for magic - it's like a winning combination right there.

Exitium

RPG Codex - the premier avant garde gaming news site.

"It is more convenient to follow one's conscience than one's intelligence, for at every failure, conscience finds an excuse and an encouragement in itself. That is why there are so many conscientious and so few intelligent people." - Nietzsche

I second that idea. Samurais kick ass!

not ninja-ass though, you see ninjas are masters of all martial arts...

Lois: Honey, what do you say we uh...christen these new sheets, huh?

Peter: Why Lois Griffin, you naughty girl.

Lois: Hehehe...that's me.

Peter: You dirty hustler.

Lois: Hehehehe...

Peter: You filthy, stinky prostitute.

Lois: Aha, ok I get it...

Peter: You foul, venereal disease carrying, street walking whore.

Lois: Alright, that's enough!

I didn't mention this before, but does anyone remember the Old AD&D pen and paper far east campaing. The nostalgia is breathtaking. Oh how I loved to fill in the honor bubble on my chr sheet. The game would HAVE to be a North American project. It seems like whenever the Japanese try to do anything like this they f%*% it up horrendously a certain console game called "The Way of the Samural" comes to mind

It's also considered dishonorable to loot the corpse of a valiant warrior (Samurai) and people who do so more or less sign their own death warrants.

Exitium

RPG Codex - the premier avant garde gaming news site.

"It is more convenient to follow one's conscience than one's intelligence, for at every failure, conscience finds an excuse and an encouragement in itself. That is why there are so many conscientious and so few intelligent people." - Nietzsche

Ohhh the Mongol hordes, the only people in history that really and truly knew how to wage war. Total destruction of the enemy and his resources, salting the land, poisoning the water, and killing the men women and children. Fear personofied.

IN RESPONSE TO THE DISHONORABLE THING

hehe not unless you want to be a dishonorable samurai a ronin perhaps, the game could be set at the collapse of the samurai order, when many of the samurai betrayed their heritage for modern ways....

It's also considered dishonorable to loot the corpse of a valiant warrior (Samurai) and people who do so more or less sign their own death warrants.

not if it's a ninja who's doing the looting though...

Lois: Honey, what do you say we uh...christen these new sheets, huh?

Peter: Why Lois Griffin, you naughty girl.

Lois: Hehehe...that's me.

Peter: You dirty hustler.

Lois: Hehehehe...

Peter: You filthy, stinky prostitute.

Lois: Aha, ok I get it...

Peter: You foul, venereal disease carrying, street walking whore.

Lois: Alright, that's enough!

Yeah, the ninja would open his bag of holding and the valuable stuff would be sucked in.

Would really be interested in an aZn rpg, maybe mixed with some mysticism or spirituality for a little kick. Samurais and the shaolin monks had a lot of emphasis on clarity of mind, meditation etc.

Spreading beauty with my katana.

Ohhh the Mongol hordes, the only people in history that really and truly knew how to wage war. Total destruction of the enemy and his resources, salting the land, poisoning the water, and killing the men women and children. Fear personofied.

VIKINGS > EVERYTHING

VIKINGS > EVERYTHING

Hmmm, I'd like to see them fight, I'll bet my Mongols would win.

Anyway back to the game idea, you would generate your character and be placed in the entrance to a region where there are currently 2 or more dominant samurai/ noble families, your monk/ninja/Bo Warrior/Ronin/Samurai or whatever would then be set free to do as you, the gamer please, as far as the end game goes it would be cool if you were a former samurai that had fallen to a dishonorable state during the game you could commit seppuku and be redeemed, just a thought....

I own a RPG that's called Prince of Xin, and it's set in ancient China. You play a prince that's being hunted by his own father and you have to travel through China and solve quests and gather friends for the final confrontation. It's isometric, has good graphics but I don't remember if the combat was turn based or not. I think it was, but I'm not sure.

All you isometric-turn-based-combat-ninja dudes should give it a try!

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

Kick-ass ronin would be sweet, if just to get the classic scene wher ethe local toughs try to push the stranger around then finally the stranger snaps and then pwns all of them. 8)

next his actions are witnessed by one of the local Samural clans, let the games begin

Women Vikings >>>> Everything.

How can Women Vikings be strictly greater than Everything since Everything includes Women Vikings?

Basically Women Vikings !> Women Vikings :p:(

The correct order would be

Ninja women vikings with katanas >> Women vikings > everything else :)

Spreading beauty with my katana.

How about including a Sakabatou or two for the pacifists?

Besides,

Women Ninja Vikings > Everything else

"McDonald's taste damn good. I'd rtahe reat their wonderful food then the poisonous junk you server in your house that's for sure.

What's funny is I'm not fat. In fact, I'm skinny. Though I am as healthy as cna be. Outside of being very ugly, and the common cold once in the blue moon I simply don't get sick."

- Volourn, Slayer of Yrkoon!

"I want a Lightsaber named Mr. Zappy" -- Darque

"I'm going to call mine Darque. Then I can turn Darque on anytime I want." -- GhostofAnakin