how strong is a jedi?

just wondering...seen a couple of pretty amazing things, such as luke pushing over an at-at, or exar kun making a star go supernova (which was way out of line in my opinion). also remember darth bane held a spacecraft together with the force and guided it to the ground to keep himself from getting killed.

haven't seen any physical stuff though. such as running faster or jumping higher. i've heard about mace windu doin some amazing things in Shatterpoint just can't remember any of them.

i know it really depends on the writers but any ideas?

Jedis can bench like 1000 lbs. And they can run something like 80 to 120 mph. Also jedis can dominate you using mind bullets and logic bombs.

Oh ya and they also excel at pole vaulting and keg stands

People laugh when I say that I think a jellyfish is one of the most beautiful things in the world. What they don't understand is, I mean a jellyfish with long, blond hair.

Also in Ep I, Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan were stuck in that room with concentrated poison gas, and survived (it's debatable how long they were stuck in there, but I'd say it was long enough to kill even the strongest of "normals"). Not only did they survive, they came out of the room with lightsabers swinging :thumbsup: .

[Edit] don't forget Yoda and the X-wing thing :) .

[Edit2] also, although he wasn't a Jedi, Vader managed to stop Han's blaster bolts with his hand! Yoda did pretty much the same thing with What's-his-face's lightning bolts. :)

[Edit3-I'm doing these as they come to mind-in case you haven't noticed :p ]

The Emperor (who also was not a Jedi, but still runs along similar lines) managed to unlock Luke's manacles with a casual gesture. And Yoda can levitate (at least I'm pretty sure it's him levitating, rather than him using a levitating chair).

I think that Luke was much more powerful than this lamer Anakin. With little training he was able to take down one of the most powerful sith lords ever!

It's a shame that later EU potraited Luke as a weakling - it all began with Zahn and his Thrawn Trilogy where some stupid bitch Mara Jade (with attitude worse than Bastila's) was shown as Luke's "equal", although it is obvious that her command over Force is lame.

That is one of things that make EU stupid

HERMOCRATES:

Nur Ab Sal was one such king. He it was, say the wise men of Egypt, who first put men in the colossus, making many freaks

of nature at times when the celestial spheres were well aligned.

SOCRATES:

This I doubt. We are hearing a child's tale.

Another interesting example of Jedi's power: Kyp Durron who, using his sheer will, was able to revert space vacuum in Borleias star system and destroy big part of Yuuzhan fleet. This one comes from Enemy Lines by great Aaron Allston

And there's Kyle Katarn who slained thousands of stormies in single hand combat.

Master of massive massacres!

HERMOCRATES:

Nur Ab Sal was one such king. He it was, say the wise men of Egypt, who first put men in the colossus, making many freaks

SOCRATES:

It's pretty inconsistent that in the PT Jedi had to train with a Master for 20-25 years to become Knights, and Luke 'figured stuff out' in about 5 years, with just a few weeks to learn from Masters.

Anyway, on to the topic. The supernova trick wasn't performed by sheer Force power. It was done through a Sith weapon that needed a Force user to channel Force energy through it. It wasn't Exar Kun, it was Naga Sadow and Aleema.

I believe Jedi can use the Force to plot courses through hyperspace without the need for a computer. Don't remember where I read that though.

The Emperor Force storms seemed pretty nasty, too.

And of course, the uber-lame Force link severing on another Force sensitive.

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

I believe Jedi can use the Force to plot courses through hyperspace without the need for a computer. Don't remember where I read that though.

You're probably right, considering the fact that the Rakata could travel the way they did because of the force. So i think you're right about that. :lol:

i read in the courtship of princess leia taht luke held himself another person and a ship in the air while falling down in the air.

i think i heard somewhere that leia could use battle meditation and they can put people in a healing trance thats more useful than bacta sometimes.

the force is what gives a jedi his power. its an energy field created by all living things. it surrounds us and penetrates us. it binds the galaxy together

Luke Skywalker was the mosyt powerful because he rarely used his awesome command of the Force to break out of difficult situations.

But I'm pretty sure that if he had no another means of doing something when he could pretty much do anything he wanted with the Force.

And by the light of the moon

He prays for their beauty not doom

It's pretty inconsistent that in the PT Jedi had to train with a Master for 20-25 years to become Knights, and Luke 'figured stuff out' in about 5 years, with just a few weeks to learn from Masters.

No it's completely consistent. You see prequel Jedi practiced social engineering

and were very fascist and family-unfriendly in their beliefs. Thus they threw Force into the imbalance. Force then created a Chosen One who wiped them out. Official Site stated that Force diminished in those late Jedi and that's why they were so

weak and were dying so often on the battlefields. On the other hand, Luke Skywalker proved them that they were wrong in everything. He tapped in love and family life - and it only made him stronger, he began his training late and become better Jedi than Yoda, Windu and other lamers. His pupils like Corran Horn or Jacen are wiser, more powerful and natural than artificial PT jedi losers, although they do not seek guidance of some stinking Jedi Council.

Remember how Windu said in Shatterpoint that Jedi are against nature? Well Force is fabric of nature and that's why force abandoned them. New Jedi are on the contrary cooperating with nature and that's why they are stronger. Yuuzhan War was bloodiest war in galactic history and yet New Jedi Order managed better than Yoda's gang (which believed in social engineering like Hitler's SS) during Clone Wars

A buddy of mine from The Force.Net boards made this fine comment about prequel Jedi (HERE):

I tend to think that Lucas intented us to be dissapointed by the PT Jedi. It looks like the Order has had little important business the last thousand years and turned inwards in a constand reshaping of it's codes and customs slowly working its way to becoming a monastic order that wouldn't recognize the will of the Force if it punched them on the face.

They drop like flies in the AOTC battle and seem to be more interested in etiquette and protocol than people who are 'connected to the Force'.

The knights of the New Republic have had a rough time. Nothing like the well protected PT Jedi who solve trading disputes and look important in their clean robes and pretty starfighters and the like.

I think that the whole point of PT is that the Jedi have 'fallen from grace' in a way.

Oh yeah that's how it is. Typical Jedi apprentice from Luke's academy is more skilled and better in commanding the Force than most of prequel stucked jedi masters. Just look at battle of Jabiim: 18 jedi masters were slained by local

partisans and a bunch of droids!

It was Saesse Tiin.

HERMOCRATES:

SOCRATES:

Well the PT had to be made in a such a way so that their failure with the SIth (Palpatine) could be justified.

Nevertheless the New Jedi Knights trainned by Skywalker were the best Jedi ever.

And by the light of the moon

He prays for their beauty not doom

Of course! New Jedi Knights are more similar to ancient Jedi like Nomi Sunrider or Revan than to Prequel Fascists.

HERMOCRATES:

SOCRATES:

George Lucas decided so in idiotic Phantom Menace crap that contradicted EU vision of the Jedi. Later lamers from Bioware adapted some rules of prequel Jedi and presented them in KOTOR - that's why KOTOR is wrong. 4000 years ago Jedi had children and mates and there were entire Jedi clans (Qel-Droma clan, Diath clan, Sunrider clan etc)

HERMOCRATES:

SOCRATES: