Mira and Grenades and Rockets

Well one can see it as cheating since no character should have special features that no one else can, but these rules seems to serve more as a guideline than as strict rules. The removal of the levelcap already proved this.

I had heard that the level cap had been romoved but what i'm not sure about is if it has been romoved completely or has it just been made higher because what i previously thought was that the cap was set at level 30. So what is the score???

Another great idea by the people who brought you beer milkshakes!

"I don't see a problem...then again, SW isn't my life, so what do I know...." - some who makes 27.8 post per day on a SW forum!

My guess is that if they were to include the option they would have to have almost two complete stories, one for the jedi and the other for those who choose not to be jedi's. Because they would have to have different types of enemies for the non-jedi to fight (because a non-jedi against a sith lord would be kinda hard to belive, not impossible but hard to belive non the less). Plus it would also be fun to tell the council to shove it should you choose to not become a jedi  :D .

To be honest, if they did a different series, I'd prefer it to be exclusively non-Jedi in the same way and for the same reasons I'd rather they kept the KOTOR for Jedi.

IMO, I don't see how a non-Jedi game would be a bad thing. There are other SW games that have been released that aren't about the Jedi. If the game has as good a story and characters as KOTOR1 did and as KOTOR2 so far seems to have, I don't think it'll scare too many people away if you can't play as a Jedi.

On a side note, other than perhaps Fallout, is there any RPG out there that doesn't have a "magic" element to it? BG, NWN, IWD, etc. have the magic stuff powers and KOTOR has the Force. So I guess if there was a game with the protagonist not being a Jedi, then it'd have to be closer to the FO system of handling powers and weapons.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

Does Plunging Neckline still function in Heavy Armor?

Everyone knows Science Fiction is really cool. You know what PoE really needs? Spaceships! There isn't any game that wouldn't be improved by a space combat minigame. Adding one to PoE would send sales skyrocketing, and ensure the game was remembered for all time!!!!!

Well one can see it as cheating since no character should have special features that no one else can, but these rules seems to serve more as a guideline than as strict rules. The removal of the levelcap already proved this.

They are simply admiting that non jedi characters are worhtless without something specially theirs, i doubt that it would be worth anything anyways.

The jedi energy resistance or element resist shields, and bombs and fire are basically worthless like in the movies.

EDIR: but i do agree any equipment features less class or prestige class shouldnt be restricted everyone except one sole person.

I think wrote this somewhere, don't remember where, so here it goes again.

If you don't wnat to be a jedi, then don't, when you level up choose other stuff, instead of jedi feats and powers. And voula you're sort of a non-jedi... In the story you're still a jedi :wub:

If you don't wnat to be a jedi, then don't, when you level up choose other stuff, instead of jedi feats and powers. And voula you're sort of a non-jedi... In the story you're still a jedi :wub:

Doesnt work well, youll have to remember jedi gaurdian get less Feat than a soldier, soldier get around 1each lvl and jedi gaurdian around 1 each 2-3lvls.

So less you actually use your jedi powers you be less able than a pure soldier.

And aside from that probaly barred out of prestige classes since they are likely jedi only.

Besides it a jedi game....

If you don't wnat to be a jedi, then don't, when you level up choose other stuff, instead of jedi feats and powers. And voula you're sort of a non-jedi... In the story you're still a jedi :wacko:

Doesnt work well, youll have to remember jedi gaurdian get less Feat than a soldier, soldier get around 1each lvl and jedi gaurdian around 1 each 2-3lvls.

So less you actually use your jedi powers you be less able than a pure soldier.

And aside from that probaly barred out of prestige classes since they are likely jedi only.

Besides it a jedi game....

Didn't think about taht... What would i do without you Barzarel? :wub:

next thing hades will ask why do you have to play as james bond in goldeneye and the other bond games or why we have to be a thief in Thief Dark Shadows and so on.  The key reason we have to play as a Jedi is because that is what the story is based on, and considering there are going to be more different ways to be a Jedi then there is still variety.  Every game with a character-driven story has to have limitations to who the character is, otherwise it is impossible to write a story that envelopes a character that could be anything from scout to jedi to wookie to Rancor, that game would doubtlessly get me less involved with the character as the story will be unable to develop the character.

I really hate to side with Hades on this one but I feel I must (nothing against Yah hades its just I don't agree with alot of what you talk about), There are ways they could create games within the starwars license that didn't solely revole around the Jedi. Look at Galaxies for one, as far as I know you can't become a jedi in it but it looks to be a good game none the less (I haven't played it since I am saving money for TSL and don't have Live). I just don't understand why they don't take more advantage of the other classes in the Starwars universe, it would be interesting if they made a game were one could become one of say five (just picked a number off of the top of my head) different classes without being forced (forgive the pun) to play a jedi. I am not exactly sure how they would go about it sicne I am not a developer but I am certian that it could be done to the same calibur as (or maybe even better than) KOTOR.

I agree to make a game about non-Jedi would be ok though it probably wont interest me that much. But Kotor is not the place for it, and the story style of kotor that relates often to the PC being a particular someone and having done particular things, having a great range of different possibilities for what the pc could be would make it that much harder, these games are always about particular characters. Do you understand I hope I said it right but the main thing is other games where the character is not the focus of the plot could allow for greater range but these games aren't it. Having said that they still allow for a great range within the limits of the story

next thing hades will ask why do you have to play as james bond in goldeneye and the other bond games or why we have to be a thief in Thief Dark Shadows and so on.  The key reason we have to play as a Jedi is because that is what the story is based on, and considering there are going to be more different ways to be a Jedi then there is still variety.  Every game with a character-driven story has to have limitations to who the character is, otherwise it is impossible to write a story that envelopes a character that could be anything from scout to jedi to wookie to Rancor, that game would doubtlessly get me less involved with the character as the story will be unable to develop the character.

I really hate to side with Hades on this one but I feel I must (nothing against Yah hades its just I don't agree with alot of what you talk about), There are ways they could create games within the starwars license that didn't solely revole around the Jedi. Look at Galaxies for one, as far as I know you can't become a jedi in it but it looks to be a good game none the less (I haven't played it since I am saving money for TSL and don't have Live). I just don't understand why they don't take more advantage of the other classes in the Starwars universe, it would be interesting if they made a game were one could become one of say five (just picked a number off of the top of my head) different classes without being forced (forgive the pun) to play a jedi. I am not exactly sure how they would go about it sicne I am not a developer but I am certian that it could be done to the same calibur as (or maybe even better than) KOTOR.

I agree to make a game about non-Jedi would be ok though it probably wont interest me that much. But Kotor is not the place for it, and the story style of kotor that relates often to the PC being a particular someone and having done particular things, having a great range of different possibilities for what the pc could be would make it that much harder, these games are always about particular characters. Do you understand I hope I said it right but the main thing is other games where the character is not the focus of the plot could allow for greater range but these games aren't it. Having said that they still allow for a great range within the limits of the story

I agree, this game is about being a jedi. For me this is why i play sw games i dont have a problem with non-jedi games but i don't go to the boards for those games and complain that you can't be a jedi. :p

Another great idea by the people who brought you beer milkshakes!

"I don't see a problem...then again, SW isn't my life, so what do I know...." - some who makes 27.8 post per day on a SW forum!

I wonder, if a Star Wars RPG game was developed where you couldn't have any Jedi, how many copies it would sell?

I think it would be just like every other PRG, which the majority of gamers simply don't like.

The first KOTOR was good because it was set in SW universe.

And by the light of the moon

He prays for their beauty not doom

I wonder, if a Star Wars RPG game was developed where you couldn't have any Jedi, how many copies it would sell?

I think it would be just like every other PRG, which the majority of gamers simply don't like.

The first KOTOR was good because it was set in SW universe.

It's like playing Bloodlines without being a Vampire.

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

Like in VtM:Redemption we did not started as us playing a morta ...

:("

The "World of Darkness" that Vampire is part of also have other parts ... Werewolf, Mage ... its quite a list.

In Vampire the system is set for vampire players so playing a mage in the Vampire system is not a good idea since the Mage system is the one intended for Mage characters, there are mages in the Vampire system but there is diferences of those and the information in the Mage system.

Star Wars is more that lightsabers and Jedi ...

drakron.png

I am not saying that we need to force the players not to be Jedi. I am saying let those who don't want to play a jedi play a non-jedi. Sheesh. I want to add in role play options, not eliminate them. Also I have no intention of playing Bloodlines. I hate the Vampire setting. I don't like playing vampires, werewolves, or any of that uber bullcrap.

Arguing with Hades is worthless, might as well make a "I Hate Hades" thread. Hades has a mindset set in stone, and its not a good one. He's an intelligent moron (yes, a contradiction). How many times has he expressed himself about his ideas on open class/race/unmunchinism philosophy, many. Well we all don't give a damn because most of the time he is wrong. The man complained about the space combat in KOTOR being difficult, that says it all. All threads are basically bash Hades because no one agrees with him. The man won't waste his time and complain to Lucas Arts becase he has freedom of speech and wants to do what he wants, which is basically annoy us. He doesn't understand that a storyline is a storyline, you can't change it. I think the perfect game for him is Morrowind, very open, do what you want, cRPG. He needs to go bug them about how he want their newest open class/race/storyline game to be. I do clearly remember him saying that it doesn't matter the context of the setting as long as it is open (I'm too lazy to find and quote it), if it doesn't matter to him then he should go bug some else. This ain't happening in the SW universe any time soon. He basically wants SW Galaxies in single player because he won't spend money and is xenophobic. Okay I'm done... one word, MORON!

You can't be more farther than the truth. Frankly the best game I have played is Fallout and Fallout 2. Morrowind lacked story cohesivness. It was too open, but Fallout/Fallout 2 was open just enough and had a good story to boot. You can have a strong storyline without the need of cheating or having the player have uber characters. Its called having the talent to do so.

I was just wondering what the difference of Adventure and CRPG is. Isn't KotOR a lot more like an Adventure game? How many freedom in character and story development does it need to say a game is a RPG?

And there is the actual problem, I think.

"Jedi poodoo!" - some displeased Dug

S.L.J. said he has already filmed his death scene and was visibly happy that he

I was just wondering what the difference of Adventure and CRPG is. Isn't KotOR a lot more like an Adventure game? How many freedom in character and story development does it need to say a game is a RPG?

And there is the actual problem, I think.

Zelda is an adventure game (and depending how you spin it, it has slight rpg elements). Fallout is a CRPG. Fable, from my limited experience with it, is a hybrid or an Adventure game with Rpg elements.

Anyways, there have been quite a few games where your not a jedi that sold well. All the X-wing/Tie Fighter/ and Rouge Squadren series sold well without a lightsaber in sight. The original Dark Forces all those years ago.

Remember, alot of people thought that Taris was the best level in K1, and you wern't a jedi then. I think a RPG where your not a Jedi set in the SW universe could be great.

It's like playing Bloodlines without being a Vampire.

Werewolf or Vampire Hunter anyone?

... The man complained about the space combat in KOTOR being difficult, that says it all ...

The turret minigame was a regular complaint over the PC forums since it was too dificult unless we used the exploit of start fire when the game was loading.

Seriously? I've only got the PC version and after the very first time I got surprised by it (I figured it was just a cutscene and didn't bother firing until I was almost dead), I had no problems with them. I could usually finish them off before I even took 2 hits.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

... The man complained about the space combat in KOTOR being difficult, that says it all ...

It says you played the Xbox version.

The turret minigame was a regular complaint over the PC forums since it was too dificult unless we used the exploit of start fire when the game was loading.

It sucks having a concious, feel bad about calling Hades names. Man frustrates me more than bleu b@lls.

I played the PC version, not that difficult, but it wasn't as hard as Hades used to make it out to be. But wait, isn't that about solving puzzles, if you keep dying then you figure out a way to solve your problem, shoot quick during the loading. Okay so its not a clear game solution, but even without doing that, it wasn't that hard.

RPG is role playing game. You play the role of the Jedi Revan, there's nothing that says that it revolves around stats. Find me a definition that says that an RPG has to have stats. :luck:" :thumbsup:

(Roleplaying in the bedroom doens't have any stats, well maybe a bit on size and stamina :luck:)