Mira and Grenades and Rockets

It would be a better use of that diversity by allowing the player choose what class he wants to play instead of being forced to play a Jedi.

Again you use a false argument that has nothing to do with the topic. I've already stated numerous times that I AGREE with you that a game which allows for non-Jedi selection would increase the overall replayability. That's not what's at issue here. It's the blanket statement that it is "stupid to have non-Jedi NPCs since you can't be one".

Also it may not be possible in the baseline NWN game but there are ways to play a kobold in the game if you really want to.

In the user-made adaptation of the toolset, you could be made to play as a non-Jedi as well. As a matter of fact, you can make it so NONE of your party are Jedi or have Force ability. :devil:

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

It would be a better use of that diversity by allowing the player choose what class he wants to play instead of being forced to play a Jedi.

Again you use a false argument that has nothing to do with the topic. I've already stated numerous times that I AGREE with you that a game which allows for non-Jedi selection would increase the overall replayability. That's not what's at issue here. It's the blanket statement that it is "stupid to have non-Jedi NPCs since you can't be one".

Also it may not be possible in the baseline NWN game but there are ways to play a kobold in the game if you really want to.

In the user-made adaptation of the toolset, you could be made to play as a non-Jedi as well. As a matter of fact, you can make it so NONE of your party are Jedi or have Force ability. :thumbsup:

Which mod is that.  I haven't seen it.  Only mods I have seen is those making your party even more uber.

Quickly someone create such a mod for Hades_One. :cool:

And by the light of the moon

He prays for their beauty not doom

Which mod is that.  I haven't seen it.  Only mods I have seen is those making your party even more uber.

You can manually use the toolset to switch your character, and those in your party, to not be Jedi. It takes maybe 1 minute after you become a Jedi to do it. Save your game after you are welcomed into the Jedi order, exit the game, load the toolset, then switch your character class from "Soldier/Guardian" to just "Soldier" (can't remember if you can do a multi-class regular class or not) and play through like that. Then when you meet up with the other Jedi and they join your party, save the game and do the same for each of them.

I've played through one time where I made my entire party a bounty hunter party (not a bounty hunter class, since that wasn't in it) in which none of them were able to use the Force and weren't even able to equip a lightsaber, instead having to rely on blasters and whatnot.

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

You can manually use the toolset to switch your character, and those in your party, to not be Jedi. It takes maybe 1 minute after you become a Jedi to do it. Save your game after you are welcomed into the Jedi order, exit the game, load the toolset, then switch your character class from "Soldier/Guardian" to just "Soldier" (can't remember if you can do a multi-class regular class or not) and play through like that. Then when you meet up with the other Jedi and they join your party, save the game and do the same for each of them.

I've played through one time where I made my entire party a bounty hunter party (not a bounty hunter class, since that wasn't in it) in which none of them were able to use the Force and weren't even able to equip a lightsaber, instead having to rely on blasters and whatnot.

How what the game without the Force?

Um... What toolset?  I am not a modder, I am a gamer.  I play games, not mod them.  :thumbsup:

Believe me, I know what you mean. I can't mod to save my life, but the toolset (it's on that forum www.lucasforums.com, where all the other mods are listed) was easy to use. Literally 1 minute to open the file, switch the character class, save and exit and load the KOTOR game.

With the toolset, it's literally as easy as opening a word document, changing the spelling of one word, then saving and exiting with that new change to the document.

Um... What toolset?  I am not a modder, I am a gamer.  I play games, not mod them.  :thumbsup:

Believe me, I know what you mean. I can't mod to save my life, but the toolset (it's on that forum www.lucasforums.com, where all the other mods are listed) was easy to use. Literally 1 minute to open the file, switch the character class, save and exit and load the KOTOR game.

With the toolset, it's literally as easy as opening a word document, changing the spelling of one word, then saving and exiting with that new change to the document.

Hm

I think he is just complaining....

More challenging, but fun in its own way. I bought every single piece of specialized armor I could find (preferably the bounty hunter stuff) and made my team into a raiding party.

More challenging, but fun in its own way. I bought every single piece of specialized armor I could find (preferably the bounty hunter stuff) and made my team into a raiding party.

See Hades? So equip yourself with the mod and stop hurting our ears (or eyes in this case).

:thumbsup:

Hmmm...  Interesting.  I will have to give that a try.

hehe in an ironic twist, you can also use the toolset to change EVERYONE in your party into Jedi. :thumbsup:

I even switched Zaalbar into a Trandoshan and Mission into a black female republic soldier.

But isn't using mods like that cheating? I mean, you are changing the way the game was meant to be played? I can imagine that certain mods enhance the gameplay (flashlight mod for doom 3 for example), but most of them just ruin the game for me...

:ph34r:(sorry if my arguments are a little weak, but I had to make this post: #200 :thumbsup: :ph34r:

But isn't using mods like that cheating? I mean, you are changing the way the game was meant to be played? I can imagine that certain mods enhance the gameplay (flashlight mod for doom 3 for example), but most of them just ruin the game for me...

:ph34r:(sorry if my arguments are a little weak, but I had to make this post: #200 :thumbsup: :ph34r:

My definition of "cheating" is doing something to make the game easier or to get around something difficult or in your way. This isn't cheating. It's....altering....how you play the game.

And it's actually not a "mod". It's an adapted toolset.

I was always interested in Mira as a character and this makes her sound even more cool. I can't wait to use her, I'm sure she will only travel with you if you are LS because of her "tender heart".

Thanks for the info Chris :thumbsup:

I believe that you will be able to turn her to the Dark Side eventually. She 'd be a powerful ally after all. >_<