Awareness in K2

Well the light and dark side then wouldn't have a real affect to the story, nor would you be able to bring down the Sith Lords.

WHo says a non-Jedi couldn't. This isn't a representation of the movies here but based on the d20 System PnP game. I played a nice HK-47 type droid named Halberd, though built more for fighter piloting than face to face combat, and during the course of the game (we were going through the Star Wars timeline with our characters instead of the mains) and I killed Darth Vader in the Death Star run while another PC did the bomb drop.

In the RPG non-Jedi can take out force users, especially on a critical hit.

It would even expand the role play options and replay value if they allowed non-Jedi classes for the primary character.

I've said this before but, say you could play through as a non-jedi class, it would be KNIGHTS of the Old Republic how?

Sirius....I'm glad to see you get it....lol.....

This game is about creating the coolest Jedi u can....make ur own uber powerful jedi or sith.....it's politically correct titel is Jedi Knights of the Old Republic....if you role players have a problem with the fact that the Jedi Knights are overpowered deal with it.....

Do you think Padme was anywhere equal to Obi wan....she had a blaster but lets see....HELL NO SHE WASNT CLOSE TO HIM CUZ HES A JEDI AND THEY ARE THE PEACE KEEPERS OF THE REPUBLIC BECAUSE THEY ARE STRONGER THAN NON FORCE USERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well the light and dark side then wouldn't have a real affect to the story, nor would you be able to bring down the Sith Lords.

WHo says a non-Jedi couldn't. This isn't a representation of the movies here but based on the d20 System PnP game. I played a nice HK-47 type droid named Halberd, though built more for fighter piloting than face to face combat, and during the course of the game (we were going through the Star Wars timeline with our characters instead of the mains) and I killed Darth Vader in the Death Star run while another PC did the bomb drop.

In the RPG non-Jedi can take out force users, especially on a critical hit.

Somehow I doubt it that you wound be alive to face 3 Sith Lords (which requires that you have slaughtered already an army of Sith and Dark Jedi) let alove kill/destroy/turn them.

And by the light of the moon

He prays for their beauty not doom

I am with Hades and would like to see us be able to be non jedi classes. I liked being a scoundrel and it was pretty fun. If you want to play jedi then play jedi. But if not then we should at least have a choice. And you are right it is called Knights of the Old Republic. That doesn't mean you have to play as one of these "knights of the old Republic". I would like to see a Star wars RPG that you can pick a class that isn't a jedi and that doesn't cost a monthly fee...

Lou Gutman, P.I.- It's like I'm not even trying anymore!
http://theatomicdanger.iforumer.com/index....theatomicdanger

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the galaxy. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips. I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my viens. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk, and free throw. I am there.

We would never know because well, we aren't allowed to play non-Jedi, DSLuke.

Thats true, we don't know what non-Force users can really do in Star Wars.

Although if would be lame if someone like Han Solo defeated Sidious, don't you think?

Obviously you have never player with just using blasters in Kotor. I did it 3 times and it was really actually quite good. I Was able to dish out 50+ damage each turn wth Cassus Fetts pistol in one hand and the mandalorian heavy pistol in the other...

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the galaxy. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips. I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my viens. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk, and free throw. I am there.

Obviously you have never player with just using blasters in Kotor. I did it 3 times and it was really actually quite good. I Was able to dish out 50+ damage each turn wth Cassus Fetts pistol in one hand and the mandalorian heavy pistol in the other...

But still you had a Jedi class.

True but I didn't use force powers or anything and I ffeel that if I wasn't a jedi class I could still do just as good...

i agree, as neat as some of the non-jedis are they just would be no match for a Sith Lord. Look did Han Solo have a chance against Vader in Bespin? If Chewbacca tried would he have suceeded? No.

The point of these games is defeating the sith lords in direct combat, not commanding the fleet that destroys there arsenal or whatever

People laugh when I say that I think a jellyfish is one of the most beautiful things in the world. What they don't understand is, I mean a jellyfish with long, blond hair.

As Yoda pointed out to Luke, only a fully trainned Jedi could take on Vader. (although Vader had killed many fully trainned Jedi knights, ironic isn't it? :thumbsup: )

KotOR & KotOR: TSL, are RPG's, in so much as you play the role of a jedi. Being a jedi in these two game is central to the story. I would class it as more of a cinematic type of RPG, but make no mistake, it may be linear, it may only have two possible endings (maybe more for TSL's) but it IS an RPG, maybe not the type you are used to or were hoping for, but you still play the role of a certain character.

If you are looking for an open ended starwars RPG which lets you play as whatever you want, I'm afraid it aint either of these two, but keep your chin up because its bound to come out, its inevitable. :thumbsup:

More designer rambling:

Awareness (or "[Awareness]" as it is now sometimes called) is a little different than in the first game - now it also acts like Sense Motive in conversations, allowing you to pick up on what someone is feeling or why someone is acting the way they do. At points throughout the game, you may get [Awareness] options pop up in dialogue, just like you would for Persuade.

Other skills may cause additional conversation options as do statistics, so you may see things like: [intelligence], [Wisdom], [Repair], [Demolitions], etc, etc.

Sounds like an interesting feature. :thumbsup:

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)