Awareness in K2

hades

its not obsidians fault that the classes are jedi to start its LA. from what ive heard it was a requirement for obsidian.

the force is what gives a jedi his power. its an energy field created by all living things. it surrounds us and penetrates us. it binds the galaxy together

Thing is there is no good role playing reasons why a Jedi would not use a lightsaber or the force given how Obsidian placed the restrictions on our character.

This is the Star Wars universe. Georges world. He made up the rules and Obsidian are just following them. Jedi use the force and lightsabers. It is what makes them what thay are.

This is why they are so extremely popular.

from what ive heard it was a requirement for obsidian.

I was thinking it might be, but I didn't know for sure either way. Did you hear that anywhere specific?

I think one of the developers states so in an interview ( I am quite sure he does) I just don't remember in whiich one.

And by the light of the moon

He prays for their beauty not doom

hades

its not obsidians fault that the classes are jedi to start its LA.  from what ive heard it was a requirement for obsidian.

I don't particularly care who's fault it is. Not my problem. All I want is a good challenging and entertaining game without munchkin characters or items getting in the way.

Thing is there is no good role playing reasons why a Jedi would not use a lightsaber or the force given how Obsidian placed the restrictions on our character.

This is the Star Wars universe. Georges world. He made up the rules and Obsidian are just following them. Jedi use the force and lightsabers. It is what makes them what thay are.

This is why they are so extremely popular.

EXACTLY!

I don't see why you people complain that the Jedi are too powerful in KOTOR...lol....they are the Elite characters of the Star Wars Universe...the Jedi Make Star Wars...without them it'd be.....Star Trek..... ;) lol thank god star wars has jedi.......but yeah.....so if you don't like it go play some star trek game and **** off!

And this has to do with KotOR 2 how?

It goes more to other types of roleplaying which you talk about alot. When me and my girlfriend roleplay we like to use AD&D character guides, she's a level 12 french maide

People laugh when I say that I think a jellyfish is one of the most beautiful things in the world. What they don't understand is, I mean a jellyfish with long, blond hair.

EXACTLY!

I don't see why you people complain that the Jedi are too powerful in KOTOR...lol....they are the Elite characters of the Star Wars Universe...the Jedi Make Star Wars...without them it'd be.....Star Trek..... ;)  lol thank god star wars has jedi.......but yeah.....so if you don't like it go play some star trek game and **** off!

Maybe, just maybe, there are some of us who aren't interested in playing elite characters. Just maybe we like to play with normal everyday types within the Star Wars universe. Maybe, just maybe someof us are tired of the munchkin bullshat that is in today's CRPGs.

Last I checked there are no Star Trek CRPGs. If there were, I would probably play them over KotOR.

Hades. Did you like KotOR? I'm really curious. Not picking a fight i'm just curious. Because if you liked it, i'm thinking that you will like K2 as well, even though it has all the flaws that you feel it has.

Yes, I liked KotOR very much inspite of its flaws but a sequel needs to expand on the good aspects of the predecessor and not its detrimental flaws.

EXACTLY!

I don't see why you people complain that the Jedi are too powerful in KOTOR...lol....they are the Elite characters of the Star Wars Universe...the Jedi Make Star Wars...without them it'd be.....Star Trek..... ;)  lol thank god star wars has jedi.......but yeah.....so if you don't like it go play some star trek game and **** off!

Maybe, just maybe, there are some of us who aren't interested in playing elite characters. Just maybe we like to play with normal everyday types within the Star Wars universe. Maybe, just maybe someof us are tired of the munchkin bullshat that is in today's CRPGs.

Last I checked there are no Star Trek CRPGs. If there were, I would probably play them over KotOR.

Then Go play StarWars Galaxies.....its not aimed at making exciting jedi characters......but KNIGHTS of the old republic is about Jedi Knights.....so stop bitching about it!

More designer rambling:

Awareness (or "[Awareness]" as it is now sometimes called) is a little different than in the first game - now it also acts like Sense Motive in conversations, allowing you to pick up on what someone is feeling or why someone is acting the way they do. At points throughout the game, you may get [Awareness] options pop up in dialogue, just like you would for Persuade.

Other skills may cause additional conversation options as do statistics, so you may see things like: [intelligence], [Wisdom], [Repair], [Demolitions], etc, etc.

i am happy to recieve this info but it is also very worrying.....if there are so many new things to choose from im wondering if we will get more points to spend on them when leveling up?

Then Go play StarWars Galaxies.....its not aimed at making exciting jedi characters......but KNIGHTS of the old republic is about Jedi Knights.....so stop bitching about it!

You have to play a monthly fee to play SWG, which sucks big time IMO.

And he can bitch as much as he wants for as long as he doesn't go against forum rules... If you don't agree with him, quit reading or counter his arguments.;)

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

More designer rambling:

Awareness (or "[Awareness]" as it is now sometimes called) is a little different than in the first game - now it also acts like Sense Motive in conversations, allowing you to pick up on what someone is feeling or why someone is acting the way they do. At points throughout the game, you may get [Awareness] options pop up in dialogue, just like you would for Persuade.

Other skills may cause additional conversation options as do statistics, so you may see things like: [intelligence], [Wisdom], [Repair], [Demolitions], etc, etc.

i am happy to recieve this info but it is also very worrying.....if there are so many new things to choose from im wondering if we will get more points to spend on them when leveling up?

Good point....but maybe limiting how much u can develope ur character will add to the replay value...like creating a certain character who only does so much, instead of having a jedi who does it all....ya know?

I hope not, it seems this is the developers trying to make each class its own and make the replay for each class a bigger feature

People laugh when I say that I think a jellyfish is one of the most beautiful things in the world. What they don't understand is, I mean a jellyfish with long, blond hair.

It would even expand the role play options and replay value if they allowed non-Jedi classes for the primary character.

but you do see the problems with that right?

It's like being able to play Superman and batman in the same game. Batman is great and can do alot of stuff, but he's not freaking superman. Batman isn't stopping the comet coming towards earth.

It worked for the first game. You started to play as a non-Jedi. Also I think you guys are focusing too much on the title of the game. I mean take a look at Baldur's Gate 2. It had absolutely nothing to do with the city of Baldur's Gate yet called BALDUR'S GATE 2!

GEE, WHO WOULD HAVE THUNK IT!