Awareness in K2

More designer rambling:

Awareness (or "[Awareness]" as it is now sometimes called) is a little different than in the first game - now it also acts like Sense Motive in conversations, allowing you to pick up on what someone is feeling or why someone is acting the way they do. At points throughout the game, you may get [Awareness] options pop up in dialogue, just like you would for Persuade.

Other skills may cause additional conversation options as do statistics, so you may see things like: [intelligence], [Wisdom], [Repair], [Demolitions], etc, etc.

This new info sounds weird to me.  :thumbsup:

Guess I will see how it works in less than... 3 weeks! (w00t)

Why?

It would work by, for example, lets say a guy needs a droid repaired. He asks you to find someone that can do it or get some part he needs. You can say ok or no, but if your repair skill is high enough you might be able to repair it yourself for him. Maybe you get a bigger reward or something like that because you cut out the middle man.

More designer rambling:

Awareness (or "[Awareness]" as it is now sometimes called) is a little different than in the first game - now it also acts like Sense Motive in conversations, allowing you to pick up on what someone is feeling or why someone is acting the way they do. At points throughout the game, you may get [Awareness] options pop up in dialogue, just like you would for Persuade.

Other skills may cause additional conversation options as do statistics, so you may see things like: [intelligence], [Wisdom], [Repair], [Demolitions], etc, etc.

...****ing Awesome!

In Kotor I always wondered why I had to fetch things or go do things or find things for ppl when I was like...I have the damn thing or can do that myself lol.....this will make it mucho interesting! :thumbsup: LESS THAN 3 WEEKS MOTHA ****AS!!!! YESSSSS

At least the first one gives the player options that allows sneaky characters, or in your face heavy weapons characters, and the such.

I'm sure you can do that again in the second on except ::gasp:: using heavy weapons might actually work this time!

Not to mention, as strange as it first strikes me, that you can fight HtH.

Well, each one has a lightsaber and uses force powers.  Basically they all are the same.

In general yes, but not nessasarily your guy in K2/K1:

Odds are you don't have to use a lightsaber for most of the game and odds are that you don't have to use the force for most of the game.

If you choose to use the above: in this one you have force forms and lightsaber forms that might serve to further seperate the classes.

Well, each one has a lightsaber and uses force powers.  Basically they all are the same.  At least the first one gives the player options that allows sneaky characters, or in your face heavy weapons characters, and the such.

I think this new information along with other things such as lightsaber forms, force power forms and prestige classes shows that there are a lot of ways that the different classes will play in significantly different ways, e.g. the forms and prestige classes will allow guardian/weaponmasters/maurauders to get significantly stronger w/ a lightsaber than consular/jedi master/sith lord and the latter to be much stronger at force powers than the former in a much more pronounced way that was possible in K1. Now this info also gives an advantage to consular/sentinel players in dealing with other characters, which makes perfect sense since consulars/sentinels/masters/watchmen are supposed to be better diplomats and sith lords are supposed to be better at manipulating people and swaying them to the dark side. So my guess is you'll feel differently this time around.

Well, each one has a lightsaber and uses force powers.  Basically they all are the same.  At least the first one gives the player options that allows sneaky characters, or in your face heavy weapons characters, and the such.

I think this new information along with other things such as lightsaber forms, force power forms and prestige classes shows that there are a lot of ways that the different classes will play in significantly different ways, e.g. the forms and prestige classes will allow guardian/weaponmasters/maurauders to get significantly stronger w/ a lightsaber than consular/jedi master/sith lord and the latter to be much stronger at force powers than the former in a much more pronounced way that was possible in K1. Now this info also gives an advantage to consular/sentinel players in dealing with other characters, which makes perfect sense since consulars/sentinels/masters/watchmen are supposed to be better diplomats and sith lords are supposed to be better at manipulating people and swaying them to the dark side. So my guess is you'll feel differently this time around.

Exactly, Consulars and sentinels will be able to avoid some fights maybe, or if they get in one, try to get out of the fight by talkin and etc...

and guardians will be able to take anyone out by the time they master their classes and etc.

This game looks awesome, just from the little things they've added, I could care less if they totally re-did the graphics or engine...the old one was fine, all I want was a new story, darker if possible, more serious and in depth, and to join the sith...and so far.....that is all going to happen lol.....

the new lightsaber forms and new more jedi-like robes, and the rumor that u can buy robes with a hood....just make it even better....

It would work by, for example, lets say a guy needs a droid repaired. He asks you to find someone that can do it or get some part he needs. You can say ok or no, but if your repair skill is high enough you might be able to repair it yourself for him. Maybe you get a bigger reward or something like that because you cut out the middle man.

I understand but how would it work for [intelligence], [Wisdom]?

I would get a fair amount of success with Wisdom because I'm a Consular.

I am a role player.  I role play my characters.  If something goes against the character's nature, I don't do it.

The question is Do you have a girlfriend to roleplay with? You know like a naughty nurse or a drunken cafeteria worker, with a Safeword and all.

People laugh when I say that I think a jellyfish is one of the most beautiful things in the world. What they don't understand is, I mean a jellyfish with long, blond hair.

Thing is there is no good role playing reasons why a Jedi would not use a lightsaber or the force given how Obsidian placed the restrictions on our character.

Look I agree that having non-jedi classes would be better, if they worked (tho I think you can imagine some problems that would arrise from that. A regular Gijoe guy blasting away dark jedi left and right seems as bad as having lightsabers that can't cut through anything. Not to meantion that you then lose the whole "force alignment" angle of the game. Which I imagine might make it harder to craft a story to fit all possible characters.). I really think the choice to force the player into the role of a jedi is due to the choice to make the LS/DS and NPCs systems (seemingly) deeper and more meaningful.

As for jedi being the same: The three classes arn't so different than having a Magic User/ Intermidiate/ Warrior.

As for not using a lightsaber/force: The player will always have some level of useful force powers to use, I agree. It doesn't mean, via the player choices, that a lightsaber is the only viable path for the player. It's like saying you should have been a combat boy in FO because that was the easiest way to beat the game.