lightsaber

All the starwars games I play they always seem to make the lightsaber weaker than it really is. I know that if they made it that it could cut through almost anything it might take away from the gameplay. What do you guys think? Is there a way to make a lightsaber realistic and the game be fun? Or is 2-16 damage good enough for you guys?

Sometimes I thoguht it was weak in Kotor. But again it was the best weapon you could get and so it should remain for KOTOR 2. I wouldn't mind if you could kill your saber-less opponments a bit easier though, like Jedi Knight style. It seems weird that you have them slaced by a lightsaber several times in order for them to die.

And by the light of the moon

He prays for their beauty not doom

Well, compared to blasters the lightsaber is uber powerful. Add in the right crystals you can do 40+ damage. Personally I think that lightsabers are too powerful, or the blasters, rifles, and other weapons are too under powered. Hell, on a regualr basis my scoundrel/guardian type character that I played did on average 60 points of damage per hit.

Well it isn't a common RPG it is a Star Wars based RPG, either way I don't really mind as long as the lightsabers remain the most powerful weapon by a big margin.

Oh yes. We must keep the force users a munchkin class and make the game absolutley no challenge. Wouldn't want the "casual" gamer actually use his head or anything.

Please don't start a stupid fight about that again on another topic... We already have the "Death topic" for that. It's pointless to continue, you have to see that.

In my experience, a pair of Barangwin Assault Blades with flurry active gave the lightsaber a run for its money. Of course, there was no real incentive to refrain from the double bladed lightsabers of DOOM, but such is life.

--Gheralt

Oh yes. We must keep the force users a munchkin class and make the game absolutley no challenge. Wouldn't want the "casual" gamer actually use his head or anything.

Please don't start a stupid fight about that again on another topic... We already have the "Death topic" for that. It's pointless to continue, you have to see that.

I totaly agree.

Hades don't start again....

Well you have some Sith to fight who also happen to have lightsabers and you would look kinda stupid if a guy with a blaster came around and blasted you to pieces.

it is Star Wars after all.

All the starwars games I play they always seem to make the lightsaber weaker than it really is.  I know that if they made it that it could cut through almost anything it might take away from the gameplay.  What do you guys think?  Is there a way to make a lightsaber realistic and the game be fun?  Or is 2-16 damage good enough for you guys?

Well in the movies, if you get shot once, you fall down.

"Your total disregard for the law and human decency both disgusts me and touches my heart. Bless you, sir."

"Soilent Green is people. This guy's just a homeless heroin junkie who got in a internet caf

I think that the saber combat could be a bit tweeked. Although after awhile I think everyones character could kill most opponents in one or two rounds, and that against an aware opponent then thats pretty accurate.

My problem is that with Stasis. If an opponent was totally at your mercy then you would be able to kill your opponent with one strike

People laugh when I say that I think a jellyfish is one of the most beautiful things in the world. What they don't understand is, I mean a jellyfish with long, blond hair.

Pish-posh. In the movies, you only got shot if you were an inconsequential character, and if you were a Storm Trooper, you could forget being accurate unless your target was a big, huge, Jawa-operated scavenger do-hickie.

Pish-posh. In the movies, you only got shot if you were an inconsequential character, and if you were a Storm Trooper, you could forget being accurate unless your target was a big, huge, Jawa-operated scavenger do-hickie.

yeah always laugh a little to myself when Obi says that the stormtroopers are extremely accurate! more so than Sandpeople, even though they are able to hit a podracer going very fast .. :thumbsup: and the Stormtroopers couldn't hit a stationary target 2 feet from them!

I for one agree with Hades_one here .. to a degree .. I felt the ordinary weapons were way underpowered! although a Lightsaber can cut through almost anything a blaster could kill in one shot just the same! and it should be alot more accurate considering it shouldn't have any recoil! the damage of a Lightsaber shouldn't be downgraded but the blasters should give more ..

Fortune favors the bald.

Well you have some Sith to fight who also happen to have lightsabers and you would look kinda stupid if a guy with a blaster came around and  blasted you to pieces.

it is Star Wars after all.

Watch AotC again.

Anyway, the lightsaber being too powerful/not powerful enough issue is more of a bad conversion from the D20 system than anything else. You see, in the D20, vitality points don't actually represent a character's resistance to damage, but their ability to avoid lethal damage. These increase with levels and are replenished at the end of the fight. The true toughness of a character is represented by his wound points. These have the same value as their CON score, and aren't increased with levels. When a character is hit, the damage is substracted from their vitality points. When a character runs out of vp, they have 'run out of luck', and the next attack causes real physical damage. Considering that the average CON score is around 12, you can see that most characters will be killed in one or two shots from a gun, and will hardly survive a lightsaber blow.

It's interesting how in the D20, only characters which have access to PC classes have vitality points, meaning commoners, stormtroopers, battle droids, and the sort only have wound points, thus reflecting the 1-hit-kill feel from the movies.

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.