A back-up plan!

So I was watching Ep V last night and Luke was leaving to rescue Han and Leia, Ben and Yoda were trying to convince him to stay and when he left Ben said that he was their last hope and Yoda said there was another: obviously Leia...

That's when it hit me, the Jedi Council in K1 were not stupid! They would not send Revan to find the Star Forge without having a back-up plan just in case he turned to the DS. Bastila tells you they were willing to risk Revan gaining back his memory but they had no other choice, which was true, but if Revan did get back his memory I am sure they would have been prepared. I feel that the Battle of the Star Forge was to be looked after by Master Vandar to see what would transpire. We know what happens when you end up LS seeing that Vandar and some of the Jedi Council were on the Rakatan world but DS you see Dodonna and Vandar get blown up. The Jedi Council is supposed to be wise and have clairvoyance and should have counted in the possibiliity of Revan turning to the DS again. It's sort of like how they did not want to join the Mandalorian Wars because they saw past the immediate threat. I would assume that after Vandar found the SF he transmitted it's coordinates to the Council members that escaped the destruction of Dantooine (I'm pretty sure it wasn't only Vandar :) ). During the the next five years the Jedi go into hiding, for both DS and LS :ph34r: . Why? Because of the threat they saw past the battle of the SF, plus their savior or conqueror left for unknown space. This is the time needed to plot their next course of action which is our PC. During his adventure they will try to help him like Ben and Yoda helped Luke. I see everything from the LS side of things so I would assume they help our PC and he helps save the galaxy, hopefully with Revan's help.

Wooo! I seem to have a lot of time on my hands. Sorry for the rambling but I need to get this typed down.

Please feel free to rip it to shreds. :rolleyes:

So I was watching Ep V last night and Luke was leaving to rescue Han and Leia, Ben and Yoda were trying to convince him to stay and when he left Ben said that he was their last hope and Yoda said there was another: obviously Leia...

That's when it hit me, the Jedi Council in K1 were not stupid! They would not send Revan to find the Star Forge without having a back-up plan just in case he turned to the DS. Bastila tells you they were willing to risk Revan gaining back his memory but they had no other choice, which was true, but if Revan did get back his memory I am sure they would have been prepared. I feel that the Battle of the Star Forge was to be looked after by Master Vandar to see what would transpire. We know what happens when you end up LS seeing that Vandar and some of the Jedi Council were on the Rakatan world but DS you see Dodonna and Vandar get blown up. The Jedi Council is supposed to be wise and have clairvoyance and should have counted in the possibiliity of Revan turning to the DS again. It's sort of like how they did not want to join the Mandalorian Wars because they saw past the immediate threat. I would assume that after Vandar found the SF he transmitted it's coordinates to the Council members that escaped the destruction of Dantooine (I'm pretty sure it wasn't only Vandar ;) ). During the the next five years the Jedi go into hiding, for both DS and LS :ph34r: . Why? Because of the threat they saw past the battle of the SF, plus their savior or conqueror left for unknown space. This is the time needed to plot their next course of action which is our PC. During his adventure they will try to help him like Ben and Yoda helped Luke. I see everything from the LS side of things so I would assume they help our PC and he helps save the galaxy, hopefully with Revan's help.

Wooo! I seem to have a lot of time on my hands. Sorry for the rambling but I need to get this typed down.

Please feel free to rip it to shreds. :p

Nest time say

Spolier

"Your total disregard for the law and human decency both disgusts me and touches my heart. Bless you, sir."

"Soilent Green is people. This guy's just a homeless heroin junkie who got in a internet caf

Stating that is a spoiler is akin to stating that the Cleveland Browns will win next year's Super Bowl.

It's called speculation my friend.

"Things are funny...are comedic, because they mix the real with the absurd." - Buzz Aldrin.

"P-O-T-A-T-O-E" - Dan Quayle

Yes but it might be true and then where would we be?

"Your total disregard for the law and human decency both disgusts me and touches my heart. Bless you, sir."

"Soilent Green is people. This guy's just a homeless heroin junkie who got in a internet caf

can't argue against logic like that...

You just did an injustice to the word "logic".

What about sarcastic?

I think people on Obsidian forums are too intelligent to stay ontopic for more than 10 posts :- They get distracted by other things more intellectual challenging than the first post.

Although I have to say: Your first post was quite a decent theory, and I agree with you, I would expect something like that myself too

I think your theory is a pretty good idea, Jedi Master D Murda. But as a jedi exiled and lost to the Force, I think the Jedi Council Masters are pinning their hopes on someone who could easily have turn on them and join the Sith. It's a risky gamble they are taking.

i love the theory it gives me another one

maybe the pc was sent into exile to hide him from revan cuz revan knew he was the only one that could defeat him

the force is what gives a jedi his power. its an energy field created by all living things. it surrounds us and penetrates us. it binds the galaxy together

As evidence for Murda's theory is that the producers watched all the movies again before making the story.  They could have seen that the Jedi's had a backup plan and added that to their story.

Don't you think it would be common knowledge that Jedi Council would have a back up plan because of the way they acted during the Mandalorian Wars?

And thanks to all the previous posters.

It certainly rings true enough Murda, some good old school apparation guidance from past masters would go down nicely.

The council never did see like the type to throw all there eggs in one basket, I'd like to see it play out.

*gets excited about all the possibilities*

i love the theory it gives me another one

maybe the pc was sent into exile to hide him from revan cuz revan knew he was the only one that could defeat him

You know, I've never even thought of that possibility....it would be hard to create a good story with it, seeing how he served under Revan in the Mandelorian wars...but stilll it could be done....Anakin served under Obi Wan altho he was much stronger in the force (or at least destined to be stronger) than obi wan....

if it was well-done....this could be a nice twist to your character