Weapons?

I hope we get to see more Casus Fett stuf, like a helmet, gloves, head ban, implant, belt....

"Your total disregard for the law and human decency both disgusts me and touches my heart. Bless you, sir."

"Soilent Green is people. This guy's just a homeless heroin junkie who got in a internet caf

Y would you want to use anything other than a lightsaber anyway?

Exactly - That's what I say. For me, I just don't get excited about a gun when I can have a lightsaber.

But, hey, if you want to shelve your lightsaber for a virbroblade or rifle, go for it.

"Working for Davik was like driving a spike in the side of your head. Sure, you got something new up there, but in the end, you've lost something as well." - Canderous

"But I though Jedi weren't allowed to love." - Handmaiden

"But some do it anyway. We call it pulling a Bindo." - The Exile

I think since it was mentioned that there would be a feat that allows unarmed combat greater damage, then maybe some new weapons could be power gauntlets or energy gauntlets.

That's something else I don't get - Why are people all excited about unarmed combat? I just don't understand. For me, unarmed combat is cool in real life because of the ninja like ability - how someone can overcome an enemy that has an advantage - he is armed. To me, a jedi is like the ninja of the Star Wars universe. While the rest of the galaxy fires lasers from a distance, they run at the person shooting lasers at them to use there simple weapon - the lightsaber - to overcome the better armed opponent.

I just don't get why people would rather by a ninja than a jedi.

"Working for Davik was like driving a spike in the side of your head. Sure, you got something new up there, but in the end, you've lost something as well." - Canderous

That's something else I don't get - Why are people all excited about unarmed combat? I just don't understand. For me, unarmed combat is cool in real life because of the ninja like ability - how someone can overcome an enemy that has an advantage - he is armed. To me, a jedi is like the ninja of the Star Wars universe. While the rest of the galaxy fires lasers from a distance, they run at the person shooting lasers at them to use there simple weapon - the lightsaber - to overcome the better armed opponent.

I think the unarmed combat excitement stems from fantasy crpgs/rpgs where you can choose a monk character class that specializes in martial arts. I guess for some, it would be more challenging to try to play the game this way. Who wouldn't want to try to take on a rancor barehanded? :thumbsup:

But I'll stick to my trusty single blade lightsabre, anytime :(

I think the unarmed combat excitement stems from fantasy crpgs/rpgs where you can choose a monk character class that specializes in martial arts. I guess for some, it would be more challenging to try to play the game this way. Who wouldn't want to try to take on a rancor barehanded?  :(

But I'll stick to my trusty single blade lightsabre, anytime  ;)

But that's my point. To me, a jedi has the "monk-like" quality anyway.

Either way, I'll keep my trusty single blade as well. :thumbsup:

Personally, I like the lightsaber.  But your party members aren't all Jedi and it is fun to give them the best gear.

Exactly! :thumbsup:

It was nice buying nice guns and melee weapons that could be upgraded for my characters. Mostly Canderous and HK would have those items like Sanasiki's blade, Yusanis Brand, Jurgan Kalta's blaster, and Cassus Fett's pistol, among other things.

For me, it'll be more of a "cool new thing to do" feature. Unless, of course, one of the NPCs specializes in it. Then that might make me more interested in it.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

For me, it'll be more of a "cool new thing to do" feature.  Unless, of course, one of the NPCs specializes in it.  Then that might make me more interested in it.

I'll admit, I'll probably have one of my NPCs specialize in it the second or third time through the game. Still, I think that they could have added some better "cool new feature" instead of ninja combat.

But whatever.....I still can't wait for the game.

I'll admit, I'll probably have one of my NPCs specialize in it the second or third time through the game. Still, I think that they could have added some better "cool new feature" instead of ninja combat.

I'm not sure I agree with this sentiment. In fact, I think some characters should be hand to hand combat types.

Look at the movies. Yes, Chewbacca used his bowcaster, but what made him fearsome in close was the fact he could throw people around with his bare hands (paws). In KOTOR1, I felt that Zaalbar was pretty much useless without a weapon since he did very little (if any?) damage when he was bare handed.

I think characters like Zaalbar, and other "strong" species should be able to dish out some serious damage in hand to hand. And I think with Obsidian implementing this, they just might.

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

I'm not sure I agree with this sentiment.  In fact, I think some characters should be hand to hand combat types.

Look at the movies.  Yes, Chewbacca used his bowcaster, but what made him fearsome in close was the fact he could throw people around with his bare hands (paws).  In KOTOR1, I felt that Zaalbar was pretty much useless without a weapon since he did very little (if any?) damage when he was bare handed.

I think characters like Zaalbar, and other "strong" species should be able to dish out some serious damage in hand to hand.  And I think with Obsidian implementing this, they just might.

The point in conceded.

Perhaps you would defer your motion to allow me to come up with a better argument. :-

(Thats based off Ep.I for those who can't remeber movie lines)

The point in conceded.

Perhaps you would defer your motion to allow me to come up with a better argument.  :devil:

Yeah I noticed. Valorum said that to Padme... ahh Padme :-

Just trying to save the embarrasment for someone who might have asked.

The point in conceded.

Perhaps you would defer your motion to allow me to come up with a better argument.  :devil:

Yeah I noticed. Valorum said that to Padme... ahh Padme :-

ahh Valorum....err I mean, Padme. PADME!