Best Char Built

What was your best character built in Kotor? It would be interesting to know. For me i have played the game more than ten times and the best builts were a DS guardian18 soldier 2 with double bladed lightsaber which dealt 18-63 damage with Master Speed meaning a max of 222 damage per round and master critical

And my favourite was a 15 consular 5 scoundrel with at about 39 Defence and would easily stasis malak thus hitting an extra 4-24 sneak attack

There is hope beyond hope

What was your best character built in Kotor? It would be interesting to know. For me i have played the game more than ten times and the best builts were a DS guardian18 soldier 2 with double bladed lightsaber which dealt 18-63 damage with Master Speed meaning a max of 222 damage per round and master critical

And my favourite was a 15 consular 5 scoundrel with at about 39 Defence and would easily stasis malak thus hitting an extra 4-24 sneak attack

Hate to break it to you its impossible to leave taris as 2level as far as i know, since you be around that lvl when you get on taris.

however lower levels like 5 i assume would be possible if you skip every side mission and jump past most unneeded kill mobs.

I prefer Dual bladed DS melee or 1hand DS caster.

Actually, it is possible. Its called saving levels. You just dont level up when it tells you to do so. It sometimes causes glitches, but allows you to become a jedi at a much lower level as indicated by planar jedi's build.

And I find it kind of funny

I find it kind of sad

The dreams in which I'm dying

Are the best I've ever had

if you save your levels you can get on dantooine at level 2.

Well, that would be more or less exploiting which i naturally dont do since it could never have been developers intentions that you wouldnt level till you left Taris.

how is that exploiting, you have the option of manually leveling up and auto. it was obviously the devs intentions to let u do it however you want.

I don't think it was an error or something unforseen at all. If they wanted you to level up as soon as you got the chance every time, they would have made the level up screen come up automatically whenever you got enough experience.

Think reason it was made that way was to make lvling possible without having to do it in heavy battle or such but outside without it causing annoyence, but jedi class is a auto dual class effect i dont think it were meant for people to take advantage of it creating auto dual class in order to gain more jedi lvls.

But anyones guess is just that a guess, since developers havent made it clear.

Making a screen popup ever time you lvl in middle of battle would annoy alot of people so i think thats why level was made so you do it when you thought you had time.

It's not all the difficult either, running around as a level 2 character on Taris.

Just have Zaalbar tank for you with Canderous and you can stay back and take everyone else out with concussion/frag/plasma grenade combos.

You can even win the Gladiatorial battles in the cantina at level 2, again by moving around and timing your grenade throws.

Its not cheating. Actually it takes a fair amount of skill to properly use grenades.

And after a few times playing i saw that combinations between normal classes and jedi classes were far better than pure jedi classes. A LS consular for example needs just 19 Force powers. More are useless and with those above he is a walking juggernout

There is hope beyond hope

Games just to easy playing through with darkside, it pretty easy to the i always win combo, first a plague to wear down their resistance then throw a kill and hit them with multi combo dead.....

Dident meet much that could stand long against that, never think i played through a easier way than that.

priceless....

Powergaming has been around since the first batch of RPG books were published. It's all about studying the rules systems and using that knowledge to your advantage as you create your character. Often times it involves "nerfing" your character initially to reap higher gains for the long run. This practice has been in use since rpg's were translated into crpg's. There's nothing wrong, or unethical about it.

Many like to roleplay their characters. Others like to powergame.

...not that I uhh....partake in such activities, mind you...

"Things are funny...are comedic, because they mix the real with the absurd." - Buzz Aldrin.

"P-O-T-A-T-O-E" - Dan Quayle

Mayhaps but since you can do so and it is no cheat why should you do so?

Dident say it was cheat, since cheat is creating effects that manipulate the software, exploit is using game errors or unforseen effects to your advantages theres a difference between the 2 thou its a small one.

It's not unforseen, Bioware is just stupid, unlike Obsidian.

"Your total disregard for the law and human decency both disgusts me and touches my heart. Bless you, sir."

"Soilent Green is people. This guy's just a homeless heroin junkie who got in a internet caf

Another topic down the tubes. Nobody is even answering the OG posters question!

Anyways, my best build was a Scout/Consular 3/17.

Str: 12

Dex: 14

Con: 10

Int: 10

Wis: 16

Cha: 14

I use the Gordulan and Adrenaline Stimulator to raise the Dex to 20. I add 4 attr points to Wis to make that 20 and add one to Str along with the Dominator Gauntlets to raise that to 18.

I like using Stasis Field and Insanity. Those were my fav powers.

I would want to use that for my starting Consular in TSL but starting with a Jedi class might make it difficult.

My big gun, was a Soldier 4/Consular 16

I don't have the stats anymore but he was geared to very effective in saber combat as well as force. Played most of the game without a party on hard. With insanity, Kill and wave he was unable to be ganged up on by numbers and easily dispatched Malak comfortably in saber combat.

Played most of the game LS but aggressive - finally falling to the DS on Korriban but began to swing back to light after hearing all of Jolee's story and finally refusing to fall to ultimate darkness and rejecting Bastilla (only just getting enough LS points to swing Solari and wear SF robes - close call :))

He had so much FP it didn't matter what side of the force he was on even on the star forge he didn't run out throwing around crazy DS powers.

He Rocked *hearts*

Usually always do mine something like this:

Str 14

Dex 12

Con 14

Int 10

Wis 14

Cha 14

At 20lvl

Str 15/(20item) or 24if DS

Dex 12/(14item ds item)

Con 14/(18item)

Int 10

Wis 16/(26item if LS)

Cha 16

I always use +4all save belt

Usually do either warrior/sentinel or gaurdian LS and warrior/Counsulor DS

If DS counsulor i usuall go 1hand saber, with master flurry, single style feat and master kill/Plague and life Drain and force breach amongst my favorites.

Master speed along with Flurry give decent attack amount and good att/def, planning on trying dual bladed counsulor later.

I am not saying my builts are the best but i usually prefer not placing much above 14 in a stat at start since i believe +2 in stat is better than +1.

My favorites are scout/guardian or scout/concular split at level 5/15

I always leave con at 10 since the game is pretty easy so it is a waste of time to spend attributes points there. And I always put int 14, which gives me alot of skill points to use. When using a guardian I leave dex at 12 and pump rest in str. The other way around with consular. And consulart gets wis 16.