Training an apprentice

rika

Anyone think that you'll have to be a Jedi Master or Sith Lord in order to teach your disciple since those two classes are characterized as the pinnacle of their respective factions?

Interesting point there...but I think the other classes get the opportunity to have an apprentice too, otherwise not everyone would have the chance to have an apprentice.

Yep. In the D20 you could take an apprentice as soon as you achieved Knighthood, and that was when the sum of your Jedi class levels was 7.

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

Yep. In the D20 you could take an apprentice as soon as you achieved Knighthood, and that was when the sum of your Jedi class levels was 7.

Sorry for asking but what's the difference between Knighthood and achieving padawan? I'm not too familiar with SW gaming rules, aside from what I know of the movies.

If TSL follows this, then we should have our apprentice earlier in the game :rolleyes:

A prospective Jedi begins training in infancy. All connection to previous family life is lost. In this early stage of training, a single master instructs groups, or clans, of Jedi hopefuls.

As the Jedi mature, the apprentice is paired with a master to continue the next phase of the training. According to the Jedi Code, a Jedi Master may only have one Padawan at a time. Near the end of the Padawan's training, she must undergo trials before ascending to the rank of Knight.

The next level of rank in the Jedi order is the Jedi Master, reserved for those who have shown exceptional devotion and skill in the Force. It is from the ranks of the Jedi Masters that the High Council is chosen, which is the main interface between the Jedi and the government of the Republic.

i wouldn't blame obi wan's training but more palpatine whispering in his ear in ep 1 obi wan may have been a bit impulsive but in ep2 he is quite mature stupid anakin never took his advice about anything, couldn't anakin see that palpatine was obviously teaching him the ways of the sith "trust your feelings," please if anakin ever listened to obi than he would have steered clear of that. instead of "your guidance more than my patience" rubbish to palpatine

ya u cant really blame obi-wan all the way. it was partly sidious' manipulation. and even though obi-wan is a great jedi in AOTC he had 10 years between ep1 and then to be young and stupid before he was mature and wise

the force is what gives a jedi his power. its an energy field created by all living things. it surrounds us and penetrates us. it binds the galaxy together

i wouldn't blame obi wan's training but more palpatine whispering in his ear in ep 1 obi wan may have been a bit impulsive but in ep2 he is quite mature stupid anakin never took his advice about anything, couldn't anakin see that palpatine was obviously teaching him the ways of the sith "trust your feelings," please if anakin ever listened to obi than he would have steered clear of that.  instead of "your guidance more than my patience" rubbish to palpatine

If you recall, Qui-Gon also told Anakin to trust his feeling and instints and Qui-Gon was one of the wisest of all the jedi.

I really hope that your apprentice can and will turn on you. It works well either way in my opinion. If you're LS then your apprentice obviously get lured in by the dark side and its up to you to save them

If you're dark side then they will of course try and to turn on there master and it will be up to you to kick them to the curb

People laugh when I say that I think a jellyfish is one of the most beautiful things in the world. What they don't understand is, I mean a jellyfish with long, blond hair.