star wars books

Master Jedi

I think that the THRAWN trilogy books ("Heir to the Empire", "Dark Forces Rising" and "The Last Command") are the greatest SW novels out there (even though the trilogy's ending is as lame as ever...).

Everything else is just adding useless cr@p to the universe. Resurrecting the Emperor or some random Dark Lord who goes on to create yet another superultraweapon but gets killed again by a random jedi (preferably Luke or one of his students), or showing how stupid the Empire is by somehow managing to get defeated by Han Solo in a single fighter despite having a fleet of ISDs in the system...

I think that the THRAWN trilogy books ("Heir to the Empire", "Dark Forces Rising" and "The Last Command") are the greatest SW novels out there (even though the trilogy's ending is as lame as ever...).

I'd recomend those too. Thrawn is a very interesting character.

I have to agree with Volourn.  Bioware is pretty much dead now.  Deals like this kills development studios.

478327[/snapback]

Granted I haven't read very many Star Wars books, but one of my favourites always Splinter of the Mind's Eye, set sometime between episodes IV and V and written by Alan Dean Foster.

I took this job because I thought you were just a legend. Just a story. A story to scare little kids. But you're the real deal. The demon who dares to challenge God.

So what the hell do you want? Don't seem to me like you're out to make this stinkin' world a better place. Why you gotta kill all my men? Why you gotta kill me?

Nothing personal. It's just revenge.

Try out Heir to the Empire. If you don't like that book, then it's not worth getting the rest of the series...let alone any other Star Wars book.

I think you'll like it.

"Things are funny...are comedic, because they mix the real with the absurd." - Buzz Aldrin.

"P-O-T-A-T-O-E" - Dan Quayle

the THRAWN trilogy books ("Heir to the Empire", "Dark Forces Rising" and "The Last Command") are the greatest

I second (triple?) that.

The X-wing series of books are quite a fun read too. I get the classic Star Wars feel from them. Ala: SW/TESB/RotJ. The 1st and 2nd in the series are a must read.

There is also this other book, a collection of stories called : "Tales from the Mos Eisley Cantina." It takes the perspective of many different aliens and humans' tales and adventures with the Cantina as a central theme. It takes place at the time of the original Star Wars. Some mentions

of a boy and two droids, and some old guy too.

I will just say... Its a keeper. :thumbsup:

i'm more into a novel or something i am 20

maybe you should read something else besides star wars novels then.

:thumbsup:

I've only read the Thrawn trilogy and the Jedi Academy trilogy, years ago. Out of those, I liked the Thrawn books most. JA trilogy was kinda cheesy. I'm not planning to read any more SW books, as it seems most of them are crap.

I read an Aliens book once to see what the pro-fanfic genre was like, it was very easy to read and mildly entertaining.

same thing with SW?

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "