Feats At the Start.

Has it been said when we create our character how many feats we'll get to place? Or start with?

In Knights I believe it was set up so the Solider had 9 and the other two 8 and everyone got to place one feat. A lot of the feats,unless you making a Blaster Jedi or Armor Jedi, were wasted after Taris. I'm sure there will be class specific feats for the different Jedi classes,but would they put as starting feats,long ranged feats? Or melee? So does that mean less feats at the start? Would we have more then one feat we can pick at the start? I.E. 4 or 5 feats depending on the class preset and then 4 or 5 we get to place. Or did they come with 8 or 9 preset Jedi class feats?

Same as Knights how,with what preset feats they give?

Why do that? I mean I understand the draw to doing a Blaster Jedi or an Armor Jedi but the feats for those styles shouldn't be the preset ones. They pretty much get wasted if you don't use one of those.

And didn't eveyone get one feat to place at the start? :-

I wonder if youll still get lightsaber proficiency even though you're so out of practice from your exile.

You pry do,you just don't have access to a saber anytime near the start of the come. Considering the comment on the IGN saber article about not everyone getting a saber at the same time it would be a real blow to gain a saber but not have th feat to use it. And you do start as Jedi,I can see one feat placed in it. Could be wrong too.

Can we assume that Kreia,"misplaced" her saber? Other wise the PC could just take hers. If you do start out with the feat.

Maybe you gain the feat as soon as you first get your saber.

it would be interesting like maybe only bein able to use some of the uber cool ones after u get a prestige class and maybe class specific robes this time.

the force is what gives a jedi his power. its an energy field created by all living things. it surrounds us and penetrates us. it binds the galaxy together

sounds good to me

it can be in a cutscen where you meditate too. if they do it better than kotors training id like another cutscene

the force is what gives a jedi his power. its an energy field created by all living things. it surrounds us and penetrates us. it binds the galaxy together

Was it actually said that we won't be able to get _a_ lightsaber before we'd have a chance to retrieve the PC's lightsaber? IIRC, the devs said that this time it is just a side quest, not part of the main quest. And yes, the PC's lightsaber is apparently special and worth tracking, but I doubt very much that those of us who decide against it would just have to play through the game without any Jedi weapon.

I hope that we start the game with a melee weapon feat and a firearm feat, as the PC has been surviving without the Force for 5 years. Don't know about the armor - in KOTOR the PC got the armor feats from the non-Jedi class and pure Jedi NPCs didn't have any. Maybe a light armor feat to show for those 5 years, too, maybe not. Probably we'd have one additional feat to chose, as in KOTOR.

As to Kreia's weapon, IIRC she is never shown with a lightsaber on Peragus and some screens on other planets show her with melee weapon as well, so perhaps she also lost her lightsaber when getting to Peragus and needs to replace it. Or maybe we can just appropriate hers as soon as the PC gets reconnected to the Force (I hope that it doesn't take as long as in the first part for it to happen).

I  hope that we start the game with a melee weapon feat and a firearm feat, as the PC has been surviving without the Force for 5 years. Don't know about the armor -  in KOTOR the PC got the armor feats from the non-Jedi class and pure Jedi  NPCs didn't have any. Maybe a light armor feat to show for those 5 years, too, maybe not.  Probably we'd have one additional feat to chose, as in KOTOR.

Just to knitpick: "Surviving" does not necessarily mean "killing people." Nothing says that the PC wasn't living a peaceful-but-dull existence back on Uncle Owen's farm for those years.

I  hope that we start the game with a melee weapon feat and a firearm feat, as the PC has been surviving without the Force for 5 years. Don't know about the armor -  in KOTOR the PC got the armor feats from the non-Jedi class and pure Jedi  NPCs didn't have any. Maybe a light armor feat to show for those 5 years, too, maybe not.  Probably we'd have one additional feat to chose, as in KOTOR.

Just to knitpick: "Surviving" does not necessarily mean "killing people." Nothing says that the PC wasn't living a peaceful-but-dull existence back on Uncle Owen's farm for those years.

...as well as gaining some nice bantha herder levels in the meantime.

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

Was it actually said that we won't be able to get _a_ lightsaber before we'd have a chance to retrieve the PC's lightsaber? IIRC, the devs said that this time it is just a side quest, not part of the main quest. And yes, the PC's lightsaber is apparently special and worth tracking, but I doubt very much that those of us who decide against it would just have to play through the game without any Jedi weapon.

I'm pretty sure we'll be able have a lightsaber before doing the optional quest to gain the PC's. We just don't know when or where that will be,and apparently it won't be the same for everyone.

I hope that we start the game with a melee weapon feat and a firearm feat, as the PC has been surviving without the Force for 5 years. Don't know about the armor - in KOTOR the PC got the armor feats from the non-Jedi class and pure Jedi NPCs didn't have any. Maybe a light armor feat to show for those 5 years, too, maybe not. Probably we'd have one additional feat to chose, as in KOTOR.

As was pointed out,wasn't really said what the PC has been doing. Everyone's welcome to their POV and I can respect yours. Personally I'd rather a meele and ranged weapon feats be up to the person creating the character to place because more often then not they're going to unused and could have been better used else where in those cases.

As to Kreia's weapon, IIRC she is never shown with a lightsaber on Peragus and some screens on other planets show her with melee weapon as well, so perhaps she also lost her lightsaber when getting to Peragus and needs to replace it. Or maybe we can just appropriate hers as soon as the PC gets reconnected to the Force (I hope that it doesn't take as long as in the first part for it to happen).

Yes she was,but the screens could simply have been taken to show off different things. The Devs can set up whatever little scene they want for a screen. Doesn't mean it made it into the final version. Though she is a Jedi and on the official site she's shown with a saberstaff,so you never know.

Has it been said when we create our character how many feats we'll get to place? Or start with?

In Knights I believe it was set up so the Solider had 9 and the other two 8 and everyone got to place one feat. A lot of the feats,unless you making a Blaster Jedi or Armor Jedi, were wasted after Taris. I'm sure there will be class specific feats for the different Jedi classes,but would they put as starting feats,long ranged feats? Or melee? So does that mean less feats at the start? Would we have more then one feat we can pick at the start? I.E. 4 or 5 feats depending on the class preset and then 4 or 5 we get to place. Or did they come with 8 or 9 preset Jedi class feats?

One of the new feats might be specializing in a specific form of lightsaber combat. Perhaps you have to choose early on which of the seven forms you want to master.

But to answer the question, I don't think they've stated for sure. Your topic just got me thinking about the 7 forms of lightsaber combat.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

I like the fact of needing to use feats for better robes.

In fact I hate that idea. It's bad enough that Jedi robes are treated as some kind of special uber-armor which only Jedi can use, it would be reeeeally cheap if you needed a special training to wear them effectively. They are simply clothes after all. Since when did you need training to wear your pants? :)

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

I agree with the training comment,don't like the idea of feats for robes.Disagree with with the idea that treating them as a style of "armor" is a bad thing. Jedi being the only one that can use them is about the what the robes mean,it's like a uniform,it shows they're Jedi.

All right. But this is a RPG after all isn't it? You should be allowed to do whatever you felt like (within reason). Anyway, I wouldn't really mind if only Jedi could wear Jedi robes, but it's a long way from there to considering a piece of cloth a +5 armor with max DEX bonus of +8, and an extra +5 to WIS. Darth Bandon's armor was balanced and coherent with the SW universe. Qel-Droma's & SF robes, were not.

If the standard clothes had looked like Jedi robes, that's all I would have worn in K1.