Well Well (Spoiler)

Gotag

If you look at the latest Gamespot interview (here http://www.gamespot.com/xbox/rpg/kotor2/media.html ) there will come a part where you are talking to Atton. You'll see the question tree that comes up regarding how you played out KotOR.

I don't subscribe so the quality for me is rather junky but I can make out some of the dialogue

Atton: "Revan and Malek turned on each other, after they turned on the Jedi of course"

Your replies:

"The rumour I heard was that Reven defeated Malak, then went to Korriban to unite the Sith against the Republic"...... or

"I was lead to believe that Revan saved the Jedi and...

I cannot make out the rest of the dialogue after this despite considerable wear and tear on the eyes. If somebody has a membership and wants to download the high res interview (~140mb) then they can probably make out a few more juicy bits.

Enjoy..

Gotag

It's amazing that you could read that far, it's almost like the text is intentionally blurred out.

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

Heres the conversation as I got it:

Atton: "Yeah, Revan, Malak, and the Jedi that went to join them in the Mandalorian Wars. They turned against the other jedi and had a scrap that almost laid waste to the galaxy. Heh. Where have you been?"

PC: "Ive heard a few rumors but little else in my travels."

"Ive been...away since the Mandalorian Wars."

"Just tell me what happened next."

The rest of the options cannot be seen. First option chosen.

Atton: "Well I wasnt there, but like all Sith, Revan and Malak turned on each other. After they turned on the Jedi of course."

PC: "The rumors I heard said that Revan defeated Malak, then went to Korriban to unite the Sith against the Republic."

"I was to led to believe that Revan saved the Jedi - and the"

The rest of options cannot be seen. First option chosen.

Atton: "That was the story - but whatever happened there must not have lasted. There was some big civil war on Korriban, knocked that academy to the ground. Look's like Revan's grand crusade finally consumed her."

I believe thats all thats shown. I had it blown up pretty large.

And I find it kind of funny

I find it kind of sad

The dreams in which I'm dying

Are the best I've ever had

Whee, female Revan!

I imagine that it was blurred to keep us from knowing everything. Darn you, Obsidian! Darrrn you! (We still love you. But why do you mock us so? Oh, cruel fates!)

Fnord.

Atton: "That was the story - but whatever happened there must not have lasted. There was some big civil war on Korriban, knocked that academy to the ground. Look's like Revan's grand crusade finally consumed her."

Revan must have also had a sex change operation during the 5 years between games, since the Revan I used was distinctly male. :rolleyes:"

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

Revan must have also had a sex change operation during the 5 years between games, since the Revan I used was distinctly male. :rolleyes:"

I guess you are joking, because it has been semi-confirmed that there is question in the game about gender.

I don't see anything new in this. Either Revan turn dark or light. In case of the dark side, it was obvious from the ending cutscene in K1 that he was in Korriban building and army to take over the Republic. In case of the light side we know he defeated the Sith.

There is nothing new here that tells us what happened to Revan after K1.

I don't see anything new in this. Either Revan turn dark or light. In case of the dark side, it was obvious from the ending cutscene  in K1 that he was in Korriban building and army to take over the Republic. In case of the light side we know he defeated the Sith.

You're reading too much into this. If by some chance I had actually found something that told what really happened to Revan then no way would I post anything about it. It would lessen the game for too many people. I would be bummed out just knowing myself. Speculation is fun, pre-knowledge isn't.

I just thought it kind of neat that you can see the conversation tree that sets the later game story arc. As you say, we already know the gist of it, now we know the mechanics. I was curious to see how they (Obsidian) would do it. The way that the PC has been described up to this point makes him/her seem like they've been living in/on a/the bottle for the last few years. Now we know that he/she at least has heard rumours of events and by relaying those rumours to Atton, we set up the back story. Pretty slick if I do say so myself.

Gotag

I don't see anything new in this. Either Revan turn dark or light. In case of the dark side, it was obvious from the ending cutscene  in K1 that he was in Korriban building and army to take over the Republic. In case of the light side we know he defeated the Sith.

You're reading too much into this. If by some chance I had actually found something that told what really happened to Revan then no way would I post anything about it. It would lessen the game for too many people. I would be bummed out just knowing myself. Speculation is fun, pre-knowledge isn't.

I just thought it kind of neat that you can see the conversation tree that sets the later game story arc. As you say, we already know the gist of it, now we know the mechanics. I was curious to see how they (Obsidian) would do it. The way that the PC has been described up to this point makes him/her seem like they've been living in/on a/the bottle for the last few years. Now we know that he/she at least has heard rumours of events and by relaying those rumours to Atton, we set up the back story. Pretty slick if I do say so myself.

Gotag

My apologies then. :ph34r:

Since you added the word spoiler in the title of this post, I thought you had discovered something new in the story.

Nevetheless, good work :p

I think there is reason why they did this. They are trying to so what a dark side revan and a light side revan would do. A light side revan would always try to save people, solve conflictis peacefully. While a dark side revan simply kill everyone, and if unable, kill the weakest first, and would always try to find the strongest and quickest solution.

However, the weirdest thing is, for people new to the game, and just do not know, how would the game play out? That is the interesting thing...

I think there is reason why they did this. They are trying to so what a dark side revan and a light side revan would do. A light side revan would always try to save people, solve conflictis peacefully. While a dark side revan simply kill everyone, and if unable, kill the weakest first, and would always try to find the strongest and quickest solution.

However, the weirdest thing is, for people new to the game, and just do not know, how would the game play out? That is the interesting thing...

I think in the ign preview one of the devs said that you can say you simply don't know and the game will move on from there.

I think in the ign preview one of the devs said that you can say you simply don't know and the game will move on from there.

Yes, but in what way? You see, if select a gender, or DS/LS, it changes the story. How would NOT knowing change the story? That is the question.

Yes, but in what way? You see, if select a gender, or DS/LS, it changes the story. How would NOT knowing change the story? That is the question.

The "don't know" option is for people who havn't played KotOR. I would guess it either has a defult setting (e.g. Revan male, DS ending) or it chooses at random, which would be good for players who like to preserve a a bit of additional mystery.

Everyone knows Science Fiction is really cool. You know what PoE really needs? Spaceships! There isn't any game that wouldn't be improved by a space combat minigame. Adding one to PoE would send sales skyrocketing, and ensure the game was remembered for all time!!!!!

The "don't know" option is for people who havn't played KotOR. I would guess it either has a defult setting (e.g. Revan male, DS ending) or it chooses at random, which would be good for players who like to preserve a a bit of additional mystery.

That would be cool if it picked a random choice for Revan in K1 if you choose the "don't know" option. It would be a good surprise until you play through a few times. It would make rolling through the same story over and over just to catch small details and a new ending a whole lot more interesting.

The randomness would make it interesting to play, and increasingly hard for people who write walkthroughs to write :lol:

That would be cool if it picked a random choice for Revan in K1 if you choose the "don't know" option. It would be a good surprise until you play through a few times. It would make rolling through the same story over and over just to catch small details and a new ending a whole lot more interesting.

That would be nice, too bad Chris already stated that if you choose the "Don't know"-option, the game will automatically set that Revan was a male and it was an LS-ending of KotOR.

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy