Better Marketing

Alright I have to say it.

KOTOR1 WAS MARKETED TWICE AS MUCH AS THIS GAME IS

WHAT IS GOING ON! For a sequel to a 2003 game of the year I thought there would be more pump put into this game all i have seen so far is some ads in comics & mags.

By this time KOTOR one had a commercial out on TV and in Movie theaters. They had three offical trailers (not to mention the featture & game footage movies on game websites) The offical site had music and tons of wallpaper to download I mean if the game was complete enough to get it's release date pushed up for the x-box verson they should able to put some push into it. I belive this "little" things add to the sucsses of a game. Like a movie these things generate buzz and that is important.

I know a lot of people liked KOTOR a lot more then the SW pequels and not matter what anyone says i belive lucasarts pushed to get game out early so as not to crowd/upsatge the Episode 3 game & movie and it's marketing but at the same time their (haste/greed) may hurt the potential of sucsess for the sequel to best Starwars game ever created.

I know obsidian can make a great game out of Sith Lords. I just wish it was marketed in the way that the first one was. What do think guys?

I never saw a commercial or ad for KOTOR, i was going to the Lucas arts site to learn more info about JO but i accidently clicked on KOTOR.

Oh ya, i also like to remind you the site had too much info and ruined most of the story for me.

"Your total disregard for the law and human decency both disgusts me and touches my heart. Bless you, sir."

"Soilent Green is people. This guy's just a homeless heroin junkie who got in a internet caf

I bet we will start to see a media blitz in a week or so. The reason we haven't seen anything yet is because commercials for San Andreas, Halo 2, and Metroid Prime are on G4tvTechtv every 5 seconds. Once the buzz for those games works its way down to simmer I can see TSL being hyped. I wouldn't worry if I was you since there is no way in hell Lucas Arts is gonna let their only holiday title go unnoticed.

Cheers!

Well Microsoft is the pub so we'll see alot of commercials for it.

"Your total disregard for the law and human decency both disgusts me and touches my heart. Bless you, sir."

"Soilent Green is people. This guy's just a homeless heroin junkie who got in a internet caf

DSM is correct. The market right now is flooded with other hi profile games. K2 will see its fair share.

...It is after all...

...a SLAM DUNK!

"Things are funny...are comedic, because they mix the real with the absurd." - Buzz Aldrin.

"P-O-T-A-T-O-E" - Dan Quayle

Wait until we're closer to both a)release and b)christmas shopping period. I'm sure you'll see a lot more advertising for it. There's really not much point right now with games like Halo 2 and GTA: San Andreas just newly released.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

i think that i read in here someplace that the developers had to finish the game at the same time... even before they pushed up the release date...

so they didnt mess up the game by changing release date...

they should have just given them more time to do stuff when they wrote the contract

I only saw one tv add after I bought the game.

when I bought it I had no idea what it was and I just bought it because of star wars.

You can always see who the real fans are somehow :thumbsup:

I am a real fan because I like and I am a living human

KotOR had a strong marketing? I literally knew nothing about the game(Except a friend told it was a good rpg) before i played it.

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

Well, if you ask me, KOTOR didn't have strong marketing. But to honest, it did have stronger market than KOTOR II. HOwever, there's a really reasonable explanation. Back then, Lucasarts wasn't quite sure the game would sell, so they decided to do more markerting to make sure it sells. However, this time, it's different. Fans already liked KOTOR, and they don't want to hype the game up too much, or people would be disappointed.

I remember seeing commercials for KotOR for a long time before it came out. I saw two or three during a single show, so that is pretty good marketing. I didn't know it was an RPG until I looked it up later, but the marketing just said there is good and there is evil... what path will you choose? It said something like that anyway. I'm just glad that I looked into it.

Nope the publisher is LucasArts not microsoft.

"The only difference between genius and stupidity is genius has its limits!" - Albert Einstein.

"It's better to be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt!"

"You can try to kill me, you'd fail!, but you can try!" - Revan.

"When you have exhausted all other possibilities whatever remains, however improbable must be the truth." - Sherlock Holmes (a.k.a. Sir Arthur Conan Dole)

"A lack of planning on your part, does not constitute an emergency on my part"

AscendedPaladin.png

Nope the publisher is LucasArts not microsoft.

For Mechassult2:Lone Wolf

I'm among those people who had never seen an ad or commercial for KOTOR before it was released. In fact, I didn't even play the game until early this year, despite the fact it was released last year.

The only reason I knew about it was because I was specifically looking for a new(ish) Star Wars game and looked "Star Wars" up. KOTOR was one of the games listed, so I gave it a try when I saw it in the stores the next time I was out shopping.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

The reason I bought the game was because I saw a commercial on TV. It looked cool and it was Star Wars, so I bought it when I saw it at CompUSA. This was last winter break.

So I guess the marketing worked out for me. If I hadn't joined the BioWare message boards, I probably wouldn't have found out about the sequel until I happened across it at LA or saw a tv commercial or ad in a magazine.