The two versions will be exactly the same

2-PC version is exactly the same as XBox version (read Feargus' interveiw), so the extra time isn't for "adding content to the PC".

GameSpy: Will the two versions eventually be fundamentally identical? Feargus Urquhart: Both the PC and Xbox version will be the same in the end

I wonder if that means that the PC version wont have DLC either? anyone have any thoughts on this?

"The only difference between genius and stupidity is genius has its limits!" - Albert Einstein.

"It's better to be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt!"

"You can try to kill me, you'd fail!, but you can try!" - Revan.

"When you have exhausted all other possibilities whatever remains, however improbable must be the truth." - Sherlock Holmes (a.k.a. Sir Arthur Conan Dole)

"A lack of planning on your part, does not constitute an emergency on my part"

AscendedPaladin.png

Or it might mean it has the same ending but it probley means the games are the same.

"Your total disregard for the law and human decency both disgusts me and touches my heart. Bless you, sir."

"Soilent Green is people. This guy's just a homeless heroin junkie who got in a internet caf

I don't really need extra content (although it would be nice and sort of fair since PC-users always get treated like second rate citizens) but I sure hope the two versions aren't exactly the same.

The PC has a mouse and a keyboard. USE THEM. We're not confined by the awful Xbox-controller! Let us be free!! [/drama]

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

we have put in a lot of work on the PC interface. It will now work in multiple resolutions in full screen. That not only includes the menus, but the in-game buttons and graphics as well. So, when you take the resolution all the way up, the interface won't just be smaller in the middle of the screen with a nice border.

That is about all I care about. So long as they didn't just directly port the game this time and land us buying the PC version (much later to add insult to injury) with an awful interface.

Boss: You're fired.

Me: Ummm will you let me have my job if I dance for you?

Boss: No, I don't think so-

Me: JUST LET ME DANCE

*Dances*

if the pc was to get xtra content becuz its l8r than us xbox i hope that international xbox people would get the same treatment

You would think

"Your total disregard for the law and human decency both disgusts me and touches my heart. Bless you, sir."

"Soilent Green is people. This guy's just a homeless heroin junkie who got in a internet caf

They're not just sitting around idle for two months. Bugfixing the pc version is alot more demanding than the xbox so Id imagine thats what theyll do with the time.

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

I don't get why people keep making these threads that turn into PC vs Xbox. You all should be happy their making the game.. Me I have an xbox, and don't care for DLC, since I wouldn't be able to download. All I care is for the game.

Easy for you to say. You don't have to wait two more months.

Gotcha.

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

I don't get why people keep making these threads that turn into PC vs Xbox. You all should be happy their making the game.. Me I have an xbox, and don't care for DLC, since I wouldn't be able to download. All I care is for the game.

First off I didn't star this thread to star a flame war (also how can this be star a war between the two when its possible that neither will have what some would consider interesting additons?)! I have both PC and Xbox and intended to purchase both versions IF I could get DLC on the PC version (since its not offered on the xbox and does't require to subscribe to live to get it).

"The only difference between genius and stupidity is genius has its limits!" - Albert Einstein.

"It's better to be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt!"

"You can try to kill me, you'd fail!, but you can try!" - Revan.

"When you have exhausted all other possibilities whatever remains, however improbable must be the truth." - Sherlock Holmes (a.k.a. Sir Arthur Conan Dole)

"A lack of planning on your part, does not constitute an emergency on my part"

AscendedPaladin.png

Well, we'll see about this. In terms of the International versions, I really think we need to see a shift in policy here. Ok, game has to be localized for countries like France and Germany. Fair enough, they localize everything there.

But, why should the people from the UK, Australia, Sweden, Holland, Norway, Denmark etc. who get the English language versions anyway continuously have to get the short end of the stick from this?

I think the need here is for companies to do "English release" and then "Localized release" instead of US/International.

Just my two cents. And I'll agree with Stargate, I've got both a PC and a (modded) Xbox, so it'll be interesting to see what changes are in the game. I'm still hoping for some additional goodies(even something like a few more crystals) for the international Xbox and the PC version, because of the poor marketing for this game.

My personal opinion is that although the marketing was LA's section, it reflects back on Obsidian, and that, in turn has perhaps given them a bit of a credibility problem. I know it'll be awhile before I can read a statement from any of them again without going "Yeah, right."

Sorry, back on topic: It's not that hard to do a global release, M$ proved that with Halo2, which made it all the way around in two days. And if Obsidian do have the extra two months for the PC version, they should find a way to put a little something extra in there.

But, why should the people from the UK, Australia, Sweden, Holland, Norway, Denmark etc. who get the English language versions anyway continuously have to get the short end of the stick from this?

I think the need here is for companies to do "English release" and then "Localized release" instead of US/International.

I couldn't agree more, we are always behind of the USA, but we get the same version!

And from a purely economical standpoint, LucasArts could have shipped and sold alot more Xbox games if they had simply done this. Now, I'm aware of the difference in the NTSC and PAL imaging systems, but seeing as how Nintendo can do conversions in two weeks and Halo2 just had a global release, I really can't see the logic.

They would have certainly gotten more out of the international Christmas sales, had they done this.

And from a purely economical standpoint, LucasArts could have shipped and sold alot more Xbox games if they had simply done this. Now, I'm aware of the difference in the NTSC and PAL imaging systems, but seeing as how Nintendo can do conversions in two weeks and Halo2 just had a global release, I really can't see the logic.

They would have certainly gotten more out of the international Christmas sales, had they done this.

USA nov.9, UK nov.11