Mandalore is definately Canderous!

Find out why Candurous won't be with my lightside character

"Your total disregard for the law and human decency both disgusts me and touches my heart. Bless you, sir."

"Soilent Green is people. This guy's just a homeless heroin junkie who got in a internet caf

Just because Canderous says he's Mandalore doesn't mean he is. It seems bioware and obsidian fail to understand that they created a Mandalore in KOTOR. If we do not find out what happened to him in KOTOR 2, then he must be still around.

Technically it's good insurance. If Canderous is Mandalore, then I highly figure he wants to make the Mandalorians a fully Merc race. While the Mandalore from KOTOR still believe in the honor and glory of Mandalore. My proof goes with the Mask, the True Mandalore mask is Red, Canderous has a Silver Mask. Which isn't the true Mandalore mask.

Not too sound stupid or anything but couldn't the original mask have been destroyed in the battle with revan? or even lost during the very same battle?

Now with that out of the way, I have to ask agian since the last time I asked no one answered me which leaves me to belive that either no one knowns or I am correct. But the mantle of Mandalore, doesn't it get pasted to the person most deserving (i.e. the person who can best the prior mandalore in battle) or should the last mandalore die in battle against someone other than a mandalorian the mask would go to the next strongest mandalorian (proven either through battle or in a battle royal between those who belive they deserve the right of mandalore). If this is the case then Canderous should be the strongest mandalorian in the whole galaxy since at the end of KOTOR he would have been between level 16 and level 20 (all depending on how high you leveled him and when you last used him).

So to just rule him out as being the one true mandalore doesn't make sense though I guess some people will be disspleased no matter how Obsidian chose to handle this, Because there will be people out there who will be upset if Mandalore is Canderous and some who will be pissed because if he isn't. I personally think that Canderous IS mandalore and with the game only 3 weeks away I can't wait to find out for sure. Though there is one problem with canderous being mandalore and thats the fact that if he is in fact mandalore that would mean that we wouldn't be able to have him in our party till much later in the game than most of us would like (more than likely after we get the prestige class), since he would still be a high level character in the TSL.

"The only difference between genius and stupidity is genius has its limits!" - Albert Einstein.

"It's better to be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt!"

"You can try to kill me, you'd fail!, but you can try!" - Revan.

"When you have exhausted all other possibilities whatever remains, however improbable must be the truth." - Sherlock Holmes (a.k.a. Sir Arthur Conan Dole)

"A lack of planning on your part, does not constitute an emergency on my part"

AscendedPaladin.png

If this is the case then Canderous should be the strongest mandalorian in the whole galaxy since at the end of KOTOR he would have been between level 16 and level 20 (all depending on how high you leveled him and when you last used him).

I know I've said this a lot :) but game mechanics don't always make a perfect fit with the story. His number level and stats wouldn't mean,least have to mean, that he was the best the of best.

Though there is one problem with canderous being mandalore and thats the fact that if he is in fact mandalore that would mean that we wouldn't be able to have him in our party till much later in the game than most of us would like (more than likely after we get the prestige class), since he would still be a high level character in the TSL.

Maybe,maybe not because of my statement above.

It's nice when the game mechanics and the story make a perfect fit but they don't always do so.

For me, it's plainly Canderous.

1) Canderous is one of only three survivors of KOTOR on every path.

2) Canderous was one of the more popular NPC of KOTOR.

And for all we know, they may just be using "Mandalore" as a placeholder for all the press. Once we play the game, he may well be called Canderous.

(This would solve all the armor color issues. As for the tubes in his helmet, he must have gotten injured in some battle.

"Working for Davik was like driving a spike in the side of your head. Sure, you got something new up there, but in the end, you've lost something as well." - Canderous

"But I though Jedi weren't allowed to love." - Handmaiden

"But some do it anyway. We call it pulling a Bindo." - The Exile

Just because Canderous says he's Mandalore doesn't mean he is. It seems bioware and obsidian fail to understand that they created a Mandalore in KOTOR. If we do not find out what happened to him in KOTOR 2, then he must be still around.

Technically it's good insurance. If Canderous is Mandalore, then I highly figure he wants to make the Mandalorians a fully Merc race. While the Mandalore from KOTOR still believe in the honor and glory of Mandalore. My proof goes with the Mask, the True Mandalore mask is Red, Canderous has a Silver Mask. Which isn't the true Mandalore mask.

Not too sound stupid or anything but couldn't the original mask have been destroyed in the battle with revan? or even lost during the very same battle?

Now with that out of the way, I have to ask agian since the last time I asked no one answered me which leaves me to belive that either no one knowns or I am correct. But the mantle of Mandalore, doesn't it get pasted to the person most deserving (i.e. the person who can best the prior mandalore in battle) or should the last mandalore die in battle against someone other than a mandalorian the mask would go to the next strongest mandalorian (proven either through battle or in a battle royal between those who belive they deserve the right of mandalore). If this is the case then Canderous should be the strongest mandalorian in the whole galaxy since at the end of KOTOR he would have been between level 16 and level 20 (all depending on how high you leveled him and when you last used him).

So to just rule him out as being the one true mandalore doesn't make sense though I guess some people will be disspleased no matter how Obsidian chose to handle this, Because there will be people out there who will be upset if Mandalore is Canderous and some who will be pissed because if he isn't. I personally think that Canderous IS mandalore and with the game only 3 weeks away I can't wait to find out for sure. Though there is one problem with canderous being mandalore and thats the fact that if he is in fact mandalore that would mean that we wouldn't be able to have him in our party till much later in the game than most of us would like (more than likely after we get the prestige class), since he would still be a high level character in the TSL.

Game Levels aren't continuity, so just because Canderous was Level 16 doesn't make him the greatest Mandalorian ever.

Canderous as Mandalore would have to be well versed in not only ruling an army, but an entire Sector of space. Canderous is a warrior, he doesn't rule, he follows. He also has had misgivings about hte Mandalore code, therefore he isn't fit to be the Lord of Mandalore. His misgivings show weakness among Mandalorians, a Mandalore can't afford to be weak. He has to be a PURE Warrior, and an awesome ruler. Canderous is cool, but just because he's a good Basilisk rider, doesn't mean he has everything that makes a Mandalore.

KOTOR 2 must be completed

If this is the case then Canderous should be the strongest mandalorian in the whole galaxy since at the end of KOTOR he would have been between level 16 and level 20 (all depending on how high you leveled him and when you last used him).

I know I've said this a lot :) but game mechanics don't always make a perfect fit with the story. His number level and stats wouldn't mean,least have to mean, that he was the best the of best.

Though there is one problem with canderous being mandalore and thats the fact that if he is in fact mandalore that would mean that we wouldn't be able to have him in our party till much later in the game than most of us would like (more than likely after we get the prestige class), since he would still be a high level character in the TSL.

Maybe,maybe not because of my statement above.

It's nice when the game mechanics and the story make a perfect fit but they don't always do so.

Since I know nothing about D20 and will freely admit that, and since I have no reason to not take you at your word on this, I will simply agree. Though I am still not positive as to why (saying canderous and Mandalore are one in the same) that they would use him, because it would just suck ass if everytime you met someone from kotor that they were low level again. because that would also mean that revan could be a low level character if you were to meet him/her in the early stages of the game.

For me, it's plainly Canderous.

1) Canderous is one of only three survivors of KOTOR on every path.

2) Canderous was one of the more popular NPC of KOTOR.

And for all we know, they may just be using "Mandalore" as a placeholder for all the press. Once we play the game, he may well be called Canderous.

(This would solve all the armor color issues. As for the tubes in his helmet, he must have gotten injured in some battle.

Akari confirmed that "mandalore" IS THE MANDALORE!!! because someone asked much the same question in one of the weekend developer threads (i.e. if mandalore was really mandalore or if he was just some mandalorian whos name they couldn't release yet).

"The only difference between genius and stupidity is genius has its limits!" - Albert Einstein.

"It's better to be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt!"

"When you have exhausted all other possibilities whatever remains, however improbable must be the truth." - Sherlock Holmes (a.k.a. Sir Arthur Conan Dole)

AscendedPaladin.png

Since I know nothing about D20 and will freely admit that, and since I have no reason to not take you at your word on this, I will simply agree. Though I am still not positive as to why (saying canderous and Mandalore are one in the same) that they would use him, because it would just suck ass if everytime you met someone from kotor that they were low level again. because that would also mean that revan could be a low level character if you were to meet him/her in the early stages of the game.

Not really a matter of knowing the D20 rules,which I myself am no expert on. Basically when you're in a battle you control it's your stats vs the stats that were given too the character you're fighting. However stats don't always have anything to do with the story. For example,I've played a lot of games where my stats were at a point where I could mop the floor with a boss/character in a player controlled fight. However once the story took back over my character was on the ground and just made it through the fight while the Boss is laughing at my character. Because even though stat wise my character was stronger,story wise me character was not. They don't always add up and a lot of people feel as you do that meeting someone who should be powerful is a low level sucks. I agree it's nice when the game mechanics and the story add up but sometimes they simply don't. What will happen in this case I don't know. Just saying that they don't always add up.

Not really a matter of knowing the D20 rules,which I myself am no expert on. Basically when you're in a battle you control it's your stats vs the stats that were given too the character you're fighting. However stats don't always have anything to do with the story. For example,I've played a lot of games where my stats were at a point where I could mop the floor with a boss/character in a player controlled fight. However once the story took back over my character was on the ground and just made it through the fight while the Boss is laughing at my character. Because even though stat wise my character was stronger,story wise me character was not. They don't always add up and a lot of people feel as you do that meeting someone who should be powerful is a low level sucks. I agree it's nice when the game mechanics and the story add up but sometimes they simply don't. What will happen in this case I don't know. Just saying that they don't always add up.

OK I understand now. thanks.

AscendedPaladin.png

No prob. Keep in mind I'm not saying that it can't be Can,it very well might be. There are a lot of things that could be pointing to that,not info for sure. Wouldn't be a huge surprise to me if it turns out to be the case.

Heh,won't really matter to me on a personal level because I didn't really care for Can and I doubt I'll care for the Leader of the Mandalores unless they do a major over all on his personality,which I doubt other wise he wouldn't be the leader of the Mandalores.

even if we get candyman at level 15-20 thats still gonna be early considering we can go to 30-40 area. and since its the same length that means that we will level up faster and we could meet mandalore soon

the force is what gives a jedi his power. its an energy field created by all living things. it surrounds us and penetrates us. it binds the galaxy together

No prob. Keep in mind I'm not saying that it can't be Can,it very well might be. There are a lot of things that could be pointing to that,not info for sure. Wouldn't be a huge surprise to me if it turns out to be the case.

Heh,won't really matter to me on a personal level because I didn't really care for Can and I doubt I'll care for the Leader of the Mandalores unless they do a major over all on his personality,which I doubt other wise he wouldn't be the leader of the Mandalores.

Bastila was spost to be almost a Jedi Master but when you got her she was like level 5.

"Your total disregard for the law and human decency both disgusts me and touches my heart. Bless you, sir."

"Soilent Green is people. This guy's just a homeless heroin junkie who got in a internet caf

I agree with you jaguars4ever .

Mandalore is Canderous.

Something is wrong with this. Canderous looks alot younger than 58 in K1. And you said 40 of "your" years, meaning normal years. That doesnt make sense. 63 mandalorian years are probably different than regular years. I could see Mandalore being 45 at best. But a 63 year old as the greatest soldier in the galaxy......doesnt fit.

Actually Canderous might not be 63. Canderous said he was part of the Mandalorian Youth Corp, or something another. Mandalorians are concidered adults by 13 years of age, that is when they begin their Training by their fathers.

Whether or not Obsidian knew this info is unknown.

KOTOR 2 must be completed

hmmm im thinkin not :D

Why? After beaten from Revan, Deadear(or something like that) went darkside. He pretended to be a janitor, and after you kill Bendak, he claims his helmet, realises his true destiny and becomes the most dreaded and Bloodthirsty Mandalore since the last Mandalore :rolleyes:

There is hope beyond hope

I agree with you jaguars4ever .

Mandalore is Canderous.

Something is wrong with this. Canderous looks alot younger than 58 in K1. And you said 40 of "your" years, meaning normal years. That doesnt make sense. 63 mandalorian years are probably different than regular years. I could see Mandalore being 45 at best. But a 63 year old as the greatest soldier in the galaxy......doesnt fit.

Maybe Mandalorians have a longer lifespan than regular humans, i.e. 50 Mandalorian years = 100 human years.

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy