Neverending Nights - Machinima.

Tawmis

Hail and well met travelers!

I'd like to invite you to a sneak peek at a new machinima project being done by a friend and I. It's entitled: NEVERENDING NIGHTS.

Wow! So, imagine my surprise when Adam calls me tonight, saying he was digging around for some better capture software, and ended up on Machinima.com... and much to his surprise... saw something about a Neverwinter Nights machinima... And when he clicked on the link... they were talking about ours!

So now we even got "street cred" (as Adam would say) over on:

Mcomlogo.gif

DOWNLOADS:

The promo video for it (which uses the NWN video intro also) can be found here:

Neverending Nights: Promo

Neverending Nights Promo - on NWVault. (Link)

or...

Neverending Nights: Trailer. - (26.1 Megs) - The Trailer uses the original NWN intro movie, and with some slight modifications, is used to promote Neverending Nights. (Right Click and Save)

Neverending Nights: Episode 1: Heroes?!

Neverending Nights, Episode 1: Heroes?! on NWVault! (Link)

or

Neverending Nights, Episode 1: Heroes?! - (25.1 Megs) - is the first official episode of the machinima project! (Right Click and Save)

Neverending Nights: Episode 2: 20k?!

Episode 2: 20k?! on NWVault! (Link)

Neverending Nights, Episode 2: 20k?! - (11.6 Megs) - Our heroes are down on their luck and need some extra money... and also over hear something about... a dragon? (Right Click and Save)

Neverending Nights: Episode 3: Come On Baby, Light My Fire

Episode 3: Come On Baby, Light My Fire on NWVault! (Link)

Neverending Nights, Episode 3: Come On Baby, Light My Fire -(37.9 Megs) - Our would be heroes venture beyond the city walls and into the woods...! (Right Click and Save)

We're looking for comments, criticisms (constructive, please), and suggestions.

Some issues already brought up previously:

Please don't post the URLs outside this thread, since we would like to keep track of all the comments by the community here.

Thanks in advance.

Tawmis

I like 'em, never seen any machinima before but have heard about it.  Keep us posted on future installments, will you?

Will do! We already did the audios for Episode 4 and 5. Going to go film them in about 30 minutes. (Would like to film both of them, and have two videos to release next week).

But will definitely keep you posted on the forum here. :)

• 3 weeks later...
Episode 5: Ye Salty Dog! (Right Click and SAVE AS...) is now available! Running 4 minutes as 12 seconds, this one weighs in at 46.6 megs! One of our longest, and biggest ones yet! This one brings our heroes into the small village of Galana, where they meet a rather interesting... salt vendor?! And also - they research how to 'look like heroes'... Check it out!

Check this email I got today...!

Hi Tawmis

Can you supply me with pics that portray the following?...

1. Peter and Grayson at the well in episode 2

2. Pawl the Dwarf's map

3. Peter and Grayson lost in the wood

4. Peter and Grayson or just one of them in the tavern in Galana (sp?)

Neverending Nights is our machinima selection of the month in our Feb issue out on January 22nd in the UK. We'll feature a four panel strip from the series and a brief description as to why our readers should download it.

I was wondering - would you have any objection to us covermounting episodes 1-5 on our discs to accompany the piece?

Regards

Mark

PC Gamer

Yea, I like that PC Gamer has been focusing on mods in their issues for a long time. They show support for the modders, which I find really cool. Congrats!

On the downside they actually gave a piece of their mag to The Darkest Day mod for BG2 and said it was a must have mod LOL! :)

Life is like a clam. Years of filtering crap then some bastard cracks you open and scrapes you into its damned mouth, end of story.

- Steven Erikson

• 4 weeks later...

This is the big month! The issue gets released in Jan 2005! Eager to have a copy of the issue in my hands! That page and DVD/CD will be framed! :lol:

More news - just finished editing and completing Episode Six! We're now working on Episode 7 and the Christmas Episode. (Yes, I said Christmas...!) lol

• 4 months later...

FNBH now officially has a studio! That's right! A small recording studio was built to record the audio episodes of Neverending Nights! For photos of Studio FNBH, you can check them out on the Official Neverending Nights site, found here and here and you can either comment on this thread, or head to the Neverending Nights forum and post a reply on this thread!

Neverending Nights - Episode 13: In And Out (A Heroes' Tale) - What do you get when you have one Ranger who can't find his way around a tree - a warrior who charges into battle backwards - and a dwarf who is claustrophobic? You get another fun filled episode of Neverending Nights! But this one has a surprise! Peter talks to some fish, while someone talks to Grayson, and Pawl the Dorf talks to himself! And better yet... one must ask themselves... if Peter and Grayson DID find their way out - would that be a good or a bad thing? That's right folks - this episode answers that very question! So what are you waiting for!? 7:01 of pure NEN goodness awaits your click of a download, weighing in at a mere 17.9 Megs! Download it now and live the thrill! (And of course... leave feedback!)

Comment here on our forum.

Or of course, comment here as well.

Neverending Nights for your PSP! - that's right! Episodes of the humorous adventures of Grayson the Fighter and Peter the Ranger have been available for the PC! And then, with the help from the folks of Machinima.com, they made a Quicktime Streaming Version (available from their site!) for those MAC users, and now we've branched into something new! Always trying to stay with the times, Neverending Nights is now available for your PSP! XBOX... We're looking at you next! You just wait!

Am I the only one who finds this guys enduring enthusiam for giving us info disturbing? Especially as nobody here has yet to show even remote interest for his works. >_<

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

I agree. Keep us posted.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

Yeegads! Where did these replies come from!? >_<

I realize not a lot of people reply here... but we constantly get like 2,000 downloads per episode... And yet even on our own forums only have 84 (or so) registered members... somewhere out there... a lot of other people are downloading the videos... and just being very, very, very, quiet about it. :) So I figure I just keep updating the threads I mentioned this stuff in ... because they may be from here. :)

Of course, I'd love feedback - even BAD feedback about what we're doing WRONG - rather than the stunning silence... but hey... As long as someone out there is enjoying the series... that is gonna make me keep on smilin'!

• 1 month later...

Neverending Nights - Episode 15: Reach Out With Your Feelings... (Right Click... SAVE AS...) still has our wayward would be heroes lost in the Aries Desert. However, always one to think on his feet (if it can be called thinking!), Peter the Ranger convinces Grayson to allow him to use another one of his 'Ranger' skills! The results... are less than successful. (But really, is that a surprise?) But Peter does do something ... new! So what is it Peter does? What 'Ranger' skill is he going to use? There's only one way to find out (well not really, but we're building up excitement here, so just bare with me!) - download this 23.5MB video that provides you with 7:46 of entertainment! And while PAT's voice remains difficult to hear... something will continue to happen to the voice that will make it ... easier to understand. But that would be telling... And who the heck is the little halfling in green wizard clothes? Could it be... Well, I will let you find out!

Neverending Nights - Episode 15: Reach Out With Your Feelings... for the PSP - 45.4MB (Right Click... SAVE AS...)

• 1 month later...

Neverending Nights: Episode 16 - Dessert City...? It's a trend that keeps on happening. Each episode seems to get a little longer than the last. This time we're looking at 10 minutes of pure NeN madness! However, this one will cost you 49.5 megs on your hard drive! But this one is well worth it's time and size! Not only do we have our two star studded would be heroes, Peter the Ranger and Grayson the Fighter - but this episode also has Guard Vern and Guard Douglas of the City of Ator! And not only does it have that - it even has Conner the Kid and Lady Lorraine! And if that wasn't enough talent to be crammed into one episode - guess whose back? That's right! Another update on Pawl the Dorf... and who does he run into? Well, if I said anything, that might ruin the surprise! But you're saying right now, "I downloaded the episode and didn't see Pawl the Dorf! I demand a refund!" I guess you didn't give us credit for being a little sneaky...

So go on. Download it. You know you want to. And when you finish. Show it to your friends. Your family. You know you want to do that too. And when you do that, rent one of those cool airplanes that do the writing in the air, and tell everyone in your city to download it and watch it. (Disclaimer: We're not responsible for injury if you do not possess a pilot's license to be flying one of those things)! :)

The PSP version of this episode will be released in a few days. Speaking of the PSP versions of the episodes, please note that if you go to our video page, the URL for the PSP episodes HAS CHANGED. So if you were directly linking them from somewhere (which we do not mind at all!), please note the new URL and make the changes. All the new PSP episodes will be hosted on the new site on Adam's domain.

Neverending Nights - Episode 17: Heroes Bar & Keep and...? - Weighing in at just over 8 minutes, this one is going to cost you 32.1 Megs of Neverending Nights Goodness! This one has it all! It has ALCOHOL! It has NAKED PEOPLE! It has VIOLENCE! Yes, adults - time to cover the eyes of those kids! This one goes all out with the craziness! Okay, so maybe it does have alcohol, naked people (person!) and violence... but I guess it's not that bad! This episode has our would be heroes entering a tavern in search for some broth to consume after a long trek through the Aries Desert! Elsewhere, this episode also introduces the sinister... ANDREA! The pieces are coming together as we draw closer and closer to the end of Season One! Can your heart take it?

Feel free to comment here about the episode here or come on over to the Neverending Nights - Episode 17 Comment thread on Neverending Nights.com!

Hello, folks. On several forums (ranging from RedvsBlue, to my own personal forum, to even our own precious forum here - several people asked us some Q&A (after stealing the idea from Tink and Ashlan)!

Now, the only one we're making available, is the LO-RES version. This is because the low res version is 97 megs all by itself. The high res version was something like 288 megs. Now I am more than sure no one wants to download a 288 meg file. I'd be surprised if anyone wants to download a 97 meg file of Adam and I answering some Q&A.

If you're questioning the size of the file - it's because it's 45 minutes long! That's right, this isn't one you can just sit down and watch - you have to commit to this one. Now, I am also going to warn parents up front - this is not one for kids to watch. There happens to be quite a bit of swearing through the video.

Another side note, I was originally going to edit it so that the questions were images, then you'd get our answers - but after importing this - I just loved the casualness of this video, and pretty much left it exactly as it is.

People we answered questions from are: Nameless, Ariess22, Chessrook, Temptress, The Crazy Owl, Almirena, DiMono, Ashlan, LilMermaid, Kometda, Tink, Bryy, nmorris, Angelus7 and finally, Mank.

Neverending Nights Q&A - An Evening With NeN - (96.8 Megs) - 44:29 in length - Download, enjoy and pass the URL to others! Thanks to all of you who took the time to ask questions, hope the answers at least amused you!

tawmis-camp-blog.jpg

Well, this certainly came to me as a surprise. So I check my email today - expecting to hear more back about the Machinima 2Thousand5 Submission... and I find something else waiting for me in my inbox.

bitfilm-festival-selection.gif

Hello Tawmis Logue,

Thanks for submitting "Neverending Nights" to the Bitfilm Festival.

As you know, we have selected it for this year's competition.

In some weeks the website will be updated with all relevant information on your work. So please check if all the credits and texts you have put into our database are correct.

Of course you will get one or more free accreditations for the Bitfilm Festival. Unfortunately we do not have the budget to invite you, but if you want to come to Hamburg on your own we will do our best to help you find an accommodation that suits you.

Please contact Lisa if you need help.

Best regards,

The Bitfilm team

I am shocked because I submitted to the Bitfilm quite some time ago...

Regardless, I can't recall what I submitted. If it was all of the episodes (up to a certain point) or a block of episodes!

Interesting to hear what comes of this.

So wish us luck for BOTH submissions!

tawmis-camp-blog.jpg