Your lightsaber...

It hasn't been stated what makes it special, but you could hazzard a guess that it'll have more damage bonuses or something if used by its original owner (ie. the PC), rather than if you equip it on one of the NPCs.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

and lightsabers are rare in kotor2 (like they should be) not everyother person has one anymore

i have a theory on where the pcs saber is.

i think that while fighting in the mandalore wars he met a middle aged sith with many battle scars (care to take a guess at who im talkin about ill give u a hint it rhymes with zion) . he found out that this sith along with his allies darth nihilus and a mysterious dark lady of the sith were what caused the war. he fought against sion, while fighting sion used the force to push him over a cliff and the pc dropped his saber. sion picked it up and left. little did he know that this young jedi would come back to fight him about 10-15 years later

the force is what gives a jedi his power. its an energy field created by all living things. it surrounds us and penetrates us. it binds the galaxy together

I am pretty sure your both wrong.

I thought it was made clear that the Jedi council took away your lightsaber when the exiled you for following Revan to war.

I'd guess it was special because it can do more damage or hold a special/extra crystal. I wouldn't be surprised if it was a gift from revan or something like that during that war.

I am pretty sure your both wrong.

I thought it was made clear that the Jedi council took away your lightsaber when the exiled you for following Revan to war.

I'd guess it was special because it can do more damage or hold a special/extra crystal. I wouldn't be surprised if it was a gift from revan or something like that during that war.

Sounds good to me. :thumbsup:

Another great idea by the people who brought you beer milkshakes!

"I don't see a problem...then again, SW isn't my life, so what do I know...." - some who makes 27.8 post per day on a SW forum!

I'd guess it was special because it can do more damage or hold a special/extra crystal.

My thoughts exactly, it might even be the way the PC gets ahold of the Uber Crystal that bonds with the owner, and grows stronger as they do, and changes colour acording to their alignment.

"The only difference between genius and stupidity is genius has its limits!" - Albert Einstein.

"It's better to be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt!"

"You can try to kill me, you'd fail!, but you can try!" - Revan.

"When you have exhausted all other possibilities whatever remains, however improbable must be the truth." - Sherlock Holmes (a.k.a. Sir Arthur Conan Dole)

"A lack of planning on your part, does not constitute an emergency on my part"

AscendedPaladin.png

Yours is the one that says Bad Mother ****er :thumbsup:

People laugh when I say that I think a jellyfish is one of the most beautiful things in the world. What they don't understand is, I mean a jellyfish with long, blond hair.

I like the fact that lightsabers will be more special.  But judging from the screenshots it still looks like plenty of people will have them. 

Maybe your PC's lightsaber is like Darth Bandon's was?

What was special about Bandon's?

Bandon's added special qualities to your crystals.

I just got an idea. What if your lightsaber is the only thing that can destroy sion?

Bandon's added special qualities to your crystals.

Only if you got it on manan, iirc.

Another great idea by the people who brought you beer milkshakes!

"I don't see a problem...then again, SW isn't my life, so what do I know...." - some who makes 27.8 post per day on a SW forum!

I think it goes like so. You used your lightsaber in an evil way by tearing sion to pieces. The Jedi then took your lightsaber away. Sion still lives through the force nearly indestructable. Only the original lightsaber that wounded him can end up killing him.

I think it goes like so.  You used your lightsaber in an evil way by tearing sion to pieces.  The Jedi then took your lightsaber away.  Sion still lives through the force nearly indestructable.  Only the original lightsaber that wounded him can end up killing him.

no way; the devs implied that finding your own lighsaber was an optional quest. how can you then kill sion if you chose not to go looking for it...?

I think it goes like so.  You used your lightsaber in an evil way by tearing sion to pieces.  The Jedi then took your lightsaber away.  Sion still lives through the force nearly indestructable.  Only the original lightsaber that wounded him can end up killing him.

You make him sound like a vampire.

Yeah, It does abit make Sion sound like a sucker (vampiric context only) or it reeks of The Lord of the Rings!

i could care less about the PC's lightsaber, just gimme one. im pretty sure that your gonna fight some sith on the first planet or somewhere 5-6 hours in the game (much like the time frame when you got a lightsaber in the first game).

LOL....I just reposted that theory of mine on the storyline exile thread of mine.....

I had posted the theory a few weeks ago on here when I was thinking of stuff...how u got exiled and relate to sion, and then noone responded to it, and then I just reposted it....and now I just read ur similar theory haha we think alike I guess...or u copied ;)

only difference in mine is that he can still be killed doesnt matter what weapon or saber, but, u have to do it, finish what u started type of deal...