Age of the Characters

In essence, when exiled, Arren Kae joined her disciple, Revan, in the Trayus Academy. Revan discovered this Academy in 3963 BBY therefore the trial of Arren Kae takes place, at the earliest, in 3963 BBY.

Can it take place later? In 3962 BBY or 3961 BBY BBY?

No, because the trial is triggered by the discovery that Arren Kae has a girl of 10 at the time of trial.

Where is this info coming from? In an interview a couple of years ago, Chris wouldn't even admit Brianna was Kreia's daughter.

"Moral indignation is a standard strategy for endowing the idiot with dignity." Marshall McLuhan

Looks like they used some book, The Legend of the Jedis, not sure if that's what it's called in English, as a source. In which case the book had to be come out after KOTOR 2, so if the timeline is incorrect, the error is in the book, not the game. Of course Brianna isn't officially 25 as far as I know, so really there's no error at all.

Edit: Actually, it looks like there were some KOTOR novels they used as reference as well. But the same applies, the Kreia stuff in the novels would have to be written after the game came out.

Edited by Wrath of Dagon

"Moral indignation is a standard strategy for endowing the idiot with dignity." Marshall McLuhan

Hi,

As I can't edit my post to update a broken link, I quote it here updated.

Hi Sir Chris Avellone

From the Casting Doc we sent to LucasArts...

• PC - varies, depending on what you want your character to look like.
  • Atton Rand is 29-32.
  • Handmaiden, Disciple, and Visas Marr are all 25.
  • Kreia looks 50, but like Yoda, who knows.
  • T3 was built in K1, so he's only had 5 years of hard living.
  • Mandalore is 63 in Mandalorian years.
  • Mira is 23.

The others are not specifically referenced, but you can probably backtrack from their histories in the game to figure it out.

I think that for Brianna (Handmaiden), she is not 25. It is not possible according to some calculations that have been developed, in French, concerning the trial date of Arren Kae (which allows deducing the Brianna's birth date).

Trial date of Arren Kae and Brianna's birth date

In essence, when exiled, Arren Kae joined her disciple, Revan, in the Trayus Academy. Revan discovered this Academy in 3963 BBY therefore the trial of Arren Kae takes place, at the earliest, in 3963 BBY.

Can it take place later? In 3962 BBY or 3961 BBY BBY?

No, because the trial is triggered by the discovery that Arren Kae has a girl of 10 at the time of trial.

If the trial takes place in 3963 BBY, Brianna is 22 during KOTOR 2.

If the trial takes place in 3962 BBY, Brianna is 21 during KOTOR 2.

If the trial takes place in 3961 BBY, Brianna is 20 during KOTOR 2.

As we can not rejuvenate Brianna below 22 years, we retain a trial date the earliest possible, either 3963 BBY, and so, Brianna's is 22 during KOTOR 2.

Is this calculation wrong? Is there an element forgotten?

Cordially

TTLan