Age of the Characters

Mandalore is 63 in Mandalorian years.

Mandalorian is an affiliation. Kinda like saying "Rebels" or "Empire". They are human. How it worked, for those wondering, is that the Mandalorians were led by a warlord named Mandalore. That's where the Mandalorians got their name. Hell, Jengo Fett wasn't born a Mandalorian, he became one later on.

Mandalorians are humans. Check the SW database:

Canderous, look at the box on the right.

So unless I'm missing something, Mandalorian is 63, in human years.

anyone know, I couldn't find it, how old canderous was in K1?

Kreia looks 50

alot younger than I thought

Just because the Mandalorians Are human doesn't mean they don't age differently. Admiral Pellaeon is like 90 years old post ROTJ, but he looks early 60's. People from different planets age differently.

Aragon from LOTR was some kind of human that aged slowly.

KOTOR 2 must be completed

Just because the Mandalorians Are human doesn't mean they don't age differently. Admiral Pellaeon is like 90 years old post ROTJ, but he looks early 60's. People from different planets age differently.

Yes, tho if it's drastic enough of an aging difference to have to use a new system to compare ages then they prolly qualify to be a new species, but being a Mandalorian doesn't mean your from anywhere specific. It means your part of a club. While you can be a Madalorian and be from Mandalore, you can be a Mandalorian from Yavin IV. The planet doesn't nessasarily mean anything.

Hell the planet was named after the people. You see, it's just a group of mercs who banded together.

different universe, if it's even true :thumbsup:

Yes, tho if it's drastic enough of an aging difference to have to use a new system to compare ages then they prolly qualify to be a new species, but being a Mandalorian doesn't mean your from anywhere specific. It means your part of a club. While you can be a Madalorian and be from Mandalore, you can be a Mandalorian from Yavin IV. The planet doesn't nessasarily mean anything.

Hell the planet was named after the people. You see, it's just a group of mercs who banded together.

different universe, if it's even true >_<

Well actually the Mandalorians are a Race of People, not a band. Mandalore and his warriors Conquered and Settled the Planet Mandalore, and the systems that would one day become the Mandalore Sector. This is proven more so because the Mandalore speak of their forefathers, and plus the first Mandalorians probably did a lot of banging, and so future generations formed. :thumbsup:

Canderous also speaks of HIS PEOPLE. Fenn Shysa the post Empire era Mandalore speaks of his people. The Mandalorians are a people.

Also the Mandalorians aren't Mercs, they are crusaders and conqueres. Some become mercs, but all races have those who become Mercs.

You guys might be right but

Well actually the Mandalorians are a Race of People, not a band.

Then why can humans join up and become Mandalorians? Ala Jango? I can't "become" Korean. So doesn't that mean they are a group rather than a race?

Mandalore and his warriors Conquered and Settled the Planet Mandalore, and the systems that would one day become the Mandalore Sector.

So they where did their "race" come from before that? I mean, they just didn't appear. You can start a new army/club/culture, it's a tad hard to found a new race. Specially in so little time.

Canderous also speaks of HIS PEOPLE. Fenn Shysa the post Empire era Mandalore speaks of his people. The Mandalorians are a people.

That can mean group or country/planet just as easily as race.

Also the Mandalorians aren't Mercs, they are crusaders and conqueres. Some become mercs, but all races have those who become Mercs.

I said mercs, didn't mean mercs

I can't find any sort of link to a page that says it,however if in The Two Towers when he's helping the people of Rohan to Helms Deep and the blond woman(forgot her name) Goes to him and gives him some food they have a conversation in which his age is mentioned.

And the Mandalores I always thought the same as you,but Nuke has all ready proved he knows a lot more about the Mandalores then I do so I'm not even going to try and argue that one. :thumbsup:

I can't find any sort of link to a page that says it,however if in The Two Towers when he's helping the people of Rohan to Helms Deep and the blond woman(forgot her name) Goes to him and gives him some food they have a conversation in which his age is mentioned.

I meant proof about Mandalore :thumbsup:

And the Mandalores I always thought the same as you,but Nuke has all ready proved he knows a lot more about the Mandalores then I do so I'm not even going to try and argue that one. >_<

Thats fine. But his depiction of the Mandalorians seems to violate basic facts about them

I meant proof about Mandalore

:blink::lol:>_<:lol:

My Bad.

Thats fine. But his depiction of the Mandalorians seems to violate basic facts about them

It's SW,basic facts don't always exist. :lol:

I think certain people have joined the Mandalores. Such as Jango,who wasn't a Mandalore by birth I believe. So there might be a mix of people,which could pry have an effect on their life span,least the children born to such people. As for the normal life span of true Mandalore.

I donno,my understanding of the Mandalores is limited because I never found a lot of interest in the group.

I meant proof about Mandalore >_<

And the Mandalores I always thought the same as you,but Nuke has all ready proved he knows a lot more about the Mandalores then I do so I'm not even going to try and argue that one. :blink:

Your basing it off Open Seasons. Open Seasons was about a group of Mercs lead by Jaster Mereel, not by Mandalore. Jango was taken in by Jaster, and was taught the ways of Mandalorian,but he isn't a Mandalorian.

Those who come from Mandalore are full blooded lords of Mandalore. It's not known what Mandalore and his warriors were before the conquering of Mandalore, but after they became a people. Now I'm not saying that you can't become a Mandalore, but I'm saying that they are a race none the less.

They are a people, not a Mercenary group.

Seeing as though we most likely won't get the ages of any of the characters, I thought it might be fun to speculate on it.

Here are my guesses

PC = Mid 20's

Mira = Mid 20's

Atton Rand = 28-36

Kreia = 40-50

Bao-Dur = 22-30

Mandalore = ?

T3-M4 = ?

Handmaiden = Early 20's

Visas Marr = Early 20's

Disciple = Early 20's

HK-47 = Since the Mandalore War 20-30

Darth Sion = 40's

Atris = Early 30's

Darth Nihilus = ? Perhaps 40's

Anyone else have any ideas?

I'd hope our PC is older than his/her 20's. Vet of the Mandalore wars plus being a Jedi before he left should put him at least in his 30's.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

I found this:

http://www.mandalorianwarriors.com/jaster1

While it seems to suggest that you are right about the Jango thing, it suggest you are wrong about them being mercs. O, iirc, there was no one called Mandalore at this time. Jaster was the leader of the mandalorians.

As for being a race humans: you can only be so different before your just not human. Can it really be that you age so drastically different from a human that you need a system to compare aging, yet your still human?

Can it really be that you age so drastically different from a human that you need a system to compare aging, yet your still human?

A year on Earth is shorter than a year on Mars so maybe a year on Mandalore is shorter than a year on Coruscant which would make mandalorians old without altering the aging process.

GOA:I'd hope our PC is older than his/her 20's. Vet of the Mandalore wars plus being a Jedi before he left should put him at least in his 30's.

Master:late 30's to mid 40's for pc really at the youngest

From the Casting Doc we sent to LucasArts...

PC - varies, depending on what you want your character to look like.

Atton Rand is 29-32.

Handmaiden, Disciple, and Visas Marr are all 25.

Kreia looks 50, but like Yoda, who knows.

T3 was built in K1, so he's only had 5 years of hard living.

Mira is 23.

The others are not specifically referenced, but you can probably backtrack from their histories in the game to figure it out.

From this topic by Chris A

I found this:

http://www.mandalorianwarriors.com/jaster1

While it seems to suggest that you are right about the Jango thing, it suggest you are wrong about them being mercs. O, iirc, there was no one called Mandalore at this time. Jaster was the leader of the mandalorians.

As for being a race humans: you can only be so different before your just not human. Can it really be that you age so drastically different from a human that you need a system to compare aging, yet your still human?

Well that site is wrong. Jaster was the Leader of the Mandalorian Mercs, not the Mandalorians.

the Mandalorians from Mandalore have already begun their fight in the Clone Wars. In issue 65 they are fighting.

If you are to go by that site, then all the Mandalorians are dead. But issue 65 of republic proves that wrong,not to mention that the red masked warrior leads them. :huh:

Jaster was just a leader of mercs, that got killed.

GOA:I'd hope our PC is older than his/her 20's. Vet of the Mandalore wars plus being a Jedi before he left should put him at least in his 30's.

Master:late 30's to mid 40's for pc really at the youngest 

Atton Rand is 29-32.

Mira is 23.

The others are not specifically referenced, but you can probably backtrack from their histories in the game to figure it out.

From this topic by Chris A

Nice. Thanks. I think when I play thru I'm going to select a portrait that will look like he's in or near his 30's. It'll help me "feel" the part better.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

Seeing as though we most likely won't get the ages of any of the characters, I thought it might be fun to speculate on it.

Anyone else have any ideas?

Atton Rand is 29-32.

Mira is 23.

Canderus starting fightingg at 18 .He fights for 40 years .

So at KOTOR he 58 in Mandalorian years.

5 years has past from the KOTOR 1.

So if 5 years are equal to Mandalorian years 58+5=63

So Mandalore might be Canderus.

the Mandalorians from Mandalore have already begun their fight in the Clone Wars. In issue 65 they are fighting.

If you are to go by that site, then all the Mandalorians are dead. But issue 65 of republic proves that wrong,not to mention that the red masked warrior leads them. ;)

Jaster was just a leader of mercs, that got killed.

Huh? Isn't #65 'Show of force'? I have read that one, in fact i've read the whole republic series as far as has been published, and I haven't seen any mandalorians. I must have missed them. Care to say exactly where is that red masked warrior leading the mandalorians? :blink:

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

• 6 years later...

Hi Sir Chris Avellone

• PC - varies, depending on what you want your character to look like.
  • Atton Rand is 29-32.
  • Handmaiden, Disciple, and Visas Marr are all 25.
  • Kreia looks 50, but like Yoda, who knows.
  • T3 was built in K1, so he's only had 5 years of hard living.
  • Mandalore is 63 in Mandalorian years.
  • Mira is 23.

I think that for Brianna (Handmaiden), she is not 25. It is not possible according to some calculations that have been developed, in French, concerning the trial date of Arren Kae (which allows deducing the Brianna's birth date).

http://assiste.free.fr/kotor_2/perso...s_de_arren_kae

In essence, when exiled, Arren Kae joined her disciple, Revan, in the Trayus Academy. Revan discovered this Academy in 3963 BBY therefore the trial of Arren Kae takes place, at the earliest, in 3963 BBY.

Can it take place later? In 3962 BBY or 3961 BBY BBY?

No, because the trial is triggered by the discovery that Arren Kae has a girl of 10 at the time of trial.

If the trial takes place in 3963 BBY, Brianna is 22 during KOTOR 2.

If the trial takes place in 3962 BBY, Brianna is 21 during KOTOR 2.

If the trial takes place in 3961 BBY, Brianna is 20 during KOTOR 2.

As we can not rejuvenate Brianna below 22 years, we retain a trial date the earliest possible, either 3963 BBY, and so, Brianna's is 22 during KOTOR 2.

Is this calculation wrong? Is there an element forgotten?

Cordially

TTLan