the star forge

who would have the power to destroy it other than your self though

Bastila maybe, afterall even in darkside she wasent completely darkside, there could be a chance that she somehow turned back, and help some kind of sneak attack, shattering it all.

Like that if choosen romantic path that Revan would be un surspected to it.

But there still nothing sure about if or not DS ending, but only reasonable explaination i could see to Revan's fall would be a threat he wouldnt never surspect, which most likely be bastila, since after being betrayed before he would be unlikely to make same mistake twice.

But anyways we will probaly find out what happened and why.

but why would revan even leave something as great as the star forge in the first place

Because he is a warlord, a warlord is a strategic and like to get involved in the battle over view them display his skill, he was likely a sentinel, before he was damaged.

I dont think he would ever stay in a fortress doing nothing, besides sith have to be active because their subjects always plot against them if they dont get active and hold a view over things they likely to get a knife in the back.

But i surspect what drove him to his death may been some kind of discovery, remember Revan was the most eager for power and knowlegde of the 2, and even some of the jedi master surspected his search for knowlegde was what corrupted him.

He likely found out something about the starforge that drove him out on some quest out at the outerrim, where something happened to him, if DS is the start bases but not sure how they, go about this.

But i dont think he would be as easy to betray second time, rare few people make same mistake twice.

WOW!

Seriously, I can't believe no one thought of this (at least posted about it) before!

WTF did happen to the star forge

another thing I noticed is that the main site says that the ebon hawk left for the outer rim filled with republic heros. If you played DS in K1, exactly which heros is that?

Someone posted a theory about the Star Forge, they said that since the SF is like a living entity and thrives off DS energy, it drove Revan insane and he could not take it anymore because he felt it was controlling him instead of vice versa. So Revan decided to destroy it. How does that sound?

I personally feel it was destroyed at the hands of these new Sith Lords who couldn't be nice and share it.

Someone posted a theory about the Star Forge, they said that since the SF is like a living entity and thrives off DS energy, it drove Revan insane and he could not take it anymore because he felt it was controlling him instead of vice versa. So Revan decided to destroy it. How does that sound?

I personally feel it was destroyed at the hands of these new Sith Lords who couldn't be nice and share it.

Think it being Revan it is more likely he would try and use it to his advantage rather than destroy it.

Corrupt force sensitive with Dark side power in the tanks there or something like that.

Think it being Revan it is more likely he would try and use it to his advantage rather than destroy it.

Corrupt force sensitive with Dark side power in the tanks there or something like that.

If something was driving you crazy would you not want to get rid of it?

If, evil no id use it to my advantage that doesnt however mean i myself would be in risk area, only use it to gain corrupted force sensitive to my side, a short while there would only corrupt them and allow alot more sith arsenal.

Afterall Malak had to have been there alot so we are likely talking years, but it would if so strong DS be likely to corrupt captives with the DS.

Regardless of what happened to the Star Forge, I'm sure it will be explained before KotOR 2 starts. We already know that the fate of Revan and many of the other main characters will be revealed, so I'm sure the Star forge will be dealt with as well.

Hint, hint, Obsidian.

Live forever or die trying.

jengaaaaux2.gif

I would love it if the SF was nothing more than space dust. How it got that way I am not sure, I just want it gone from the game. Its not that I didn't really it, its just since this is a new game I don't want to have the same plot hook that was in the old game to drive the motives behind this game.

"The only difference between genius and stupidity is genius has its limits!" - Albert Einstein.

"It's better to be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt!"

"You can try to kill me, you'd fail!, but you can try!" - Revan.

"When you have exhausted all other possibilities whatever remains, however improbable must be the truth." - Sherlock Holmes (a.k.a. Sir Arthur Conan Dole)

"A lack of planning on your part, does not constitute an emergency on my part"

AscendedPaladin.png

yea but i think your npc in K2 should somehow be linked to revan and the old story somehow... i mean what was your character in K2 doing during the time revan was searching for the star forge.. what was he doing after the war besides losing connection with the force

we must consider that even before KOTOR1 revan had the starforge, but still used to lead his/her fleet, otherwise was not possible to set the trap and capture him.

i also don't think that revan could be driven crazy by the SF, from the game it seem that revan never used it at full potential, but more likely at minimun necessary, relying mostly on his/her military genius to win the war.

Hint about that is during the final battle of kotor1 when the factory is operating at 300% of expectations.

In my opinion Revan had never used the star forge at full because he/she felt the danger in it, with the datas in the temple is quite clear that was the starforge itself one of the major reasons of decline of infite empire, and with all the time that Revan had to study that datas probably was full aware about it.

Only devs know why Revan disappeared :), some ipotesis can be that he/she discovered a new source of power/threat and was going to investigate it or that sith betrayed him and prepared a trap.

About that we don't know how really was the gerarchy among sith, yes Revan was leading the army but that maybe don't necessary mean that he/she was the only sith leader, maybe other powerfull beings (like the lords of the story) decided to give to Revan the command of the army, with the plan to use his/her genius to defeat the republic and then kill him/her and regain the power.

In both cases i think is likely that the star forge was destroyed after Revan disappeared, and the lack of power caused an internal war between the sith that weakened their power and war effort.

The SW could be destroyed both by the republic taking advantage of the chaos in sith army or by sith demselves with a fought for the factory that ended in it's destruction.

just some ideas... and sorry for crappy english :p

Months ago, I started a thread asking the same question (and I was later informed that threads before mine asked about the Star Forge).

Basically, most people decided that it was probably destroyed in some Sith Civil War. They fought over power, and in the end, one Lord destroyed it. (Remember the statement made by the Old Sith on Korriban, the one who used to run the Adademy and then made you take that test with Mekel. He said something about hoarding power and destroying it instead of passing it on.)

We know more about the game know, but I don't think information about the Star Forge was ever given.

Oh well......

Take it or leave it.

"Working for Davik was like driving a spike in the side of your head. Sure, you got something new up there, but in the end, you've lost something as well." - Canderous

"But I though Jedi weren't allowed to love." - Handmaiden

"But some do it anyway. We call it pulling a Bindo." - The Exile

If the starforge was still operational or present, the republic would have been crushed 5 years ago. The Rakata or some other race probably destroy it because the republic wouldn't be able to survive the onslaught especially after they lose a great deal of their fleet in trying to destroy the starforge. Hence, it probably wont be there even if you chosoe DS.