Force Sight

I think he's referring to Visas Marr. I THOUGHT she looked like Shoanes Culu from TotJ. Now I know it's not coincidence.

"Things are funny...are comedic, because they mix the real with the absurd." - Buzz Aldrin.

"P-O-T-A-T-O-E" - Dan Quayle

Just rambling on Force Sight since I was running around using it a lot this morning, and it makes the game world look cool.

You just love teasing us don't you? :-

Anyway, thanks for the info snippet. We look forward to your next ramblings! :thumbsup:

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

Just rambling on Force Sight since I was running around using it a lot this morning, and it makes the game world look cool.

In case you guys were interested, Force Sight was originally set up to be one of the first person views in K2 – there’s a Miraluka companion who actually has that special ability on all the time if you switch to her first-person view (much like T3’s bluescreen and HK’s redscreen effect in K1). Once we had it implemented, we thought it would be cool if we allowed the player to gain it as a bonus power over the course of the game and can activate it in 3rd person mode, too, just for kicks.

It’s best feature is allowing one to see enemies through doors, and also check the alignment of other people in the game world.

Anyway, just rambling. It was a minor feature we were able to turn into a cool bonus power, if a player wants to grab it or not. It's origins were primarily because Miralukas don't have eyesight, they "see" only through the Force, and we were trying to figure out how to make that happen in the gameworld, so Force Sight was the solution.

what's a miraluka? a group of folks in the expanded universe? i'm guessing you're talking about visas marr...

I am pretty sure that Visas Marr is the Miraluka.  But you are right about Kreia being blind.  Perhaps she uses the same powers, they just are learned unlike a Miraluka.

I'm guessing Visas Marr has the 'Force Seeing' power permanently activated, while Kreia simply has the 'blind-fighting' feat. From a gameplay standpoint it would seem Force seeing allows a blind character to fight without penalties derived from blindness, as well as providing the other advantages mentioned by Mr. Avellone. Blind-fighting probably just removes the penalties.

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

In case you guys were interested, Force Sight was originally set up to be one of the first person views in K2

"Your total disregard for the law and human decency both disgusts me and touches my heart. Bless you, sir."

"Soilent Green is people. This guy's just a homeless heroin junkie who got in a internet caf

what t3 bluescreen and HK redscreen effect I didnt see that

I was thinking the same exact thing.

firtst person/mouselook. Pc version only (at least, I think so)

No it's on both

"Your total disregard for the law and human decency both disgusts me and touches my heart. Bless you, sir."

"Soilent Green is people. This guy's just a homeless heroin junkie who got in a internet caf

what t3 bluescreen and HK redscreen effect I didnt see that

I was thinking the same exact thing.

firtst person/mouselook. Pc version only (at least, I think so)

And here I thought it was an Xbox-only effect. Maybe that was only in the US version? :)

yes they do

its the free-look option right? or whatever its called, where you go down and look out of their eyes but can't move ..

When I do that they just see like everyone else .. no red or blue!

PC or Xbox version?