New NPCs!

Since it was recently stated that Atris is not an actual party member, our tally of NPCs is not yet complete.

12 NPCs:

1. Kreia (old pseudo-Jedi woman)

2. Atton Rand (Han Solo type scoundrel)

3. Mira (hot redhead bounty hunter scout)

4. HK-47/HK-50

5. T3-M4

6. Bao-Dur (Zabrak with Pet?)

7. Mandalore (Silver Armor Guy. Canderous?)

8. Disciple (Currently Anonymous Blond Guy)

9. Wookiee Character

10. Visas Marr (Sith Apprentice, Veiled Face)

11. Handmaiden (Light Side Apprentice? If not the same as Visas Marr.)

This leaves room for one more NPC (two if Visas Marr and Handmaiden are the same, three if there's no Wookiee).

If they're smart, they'll make room for Yuthura Ban. I think that would please just about every KOTOR fan out there.

So is there any ground-breaking, earthshaking news out there on this?

"You shall not pass!"

Akari said that handmaiden/Visas are not the same person

If they're smart, they'll make room for Yuthura Ban. I think that would please just about every KOTOR fan out there.

Not me, in fact I hope they don't

I hope there isn't a wookie either. That would make the NPCs, at least at a very shallow level, pretty similar to K1s. Either bring back the same people or give me something entirely new.

Shouldn't one spot be open for K1 characters that might come back?

I am starting to think that the droids, maybe only T3, are the only Party NPCs to carry over. I think HK-50 or whatever will more or less be HK-47 replacement. I think they will "de-powered" T3 much like they do Samus in Metroid games. Remeber that preview that says T3 gets attacked early on or something along those lines, well I think he loses his previous abilities when being repaired or something like that.

Sometimes it is good to go over the basics.  So if there are 12 NPC's in the game and only 10 can join your party does that mean that only 2 are darkside/lightside?

Not necessarily. In K1, most of the characters were lightside, none were actually neutral. Id say that they would just be less towards the extremes than the others.

And I find it kind of funny

I find it kind of sad

The dreams in which I'm dying

Are the best I've ever had

Since it was recently stated that Atris is not an actual party member, our tally of NPCs is not yet complete.

This is news to me. Then who is she? o:)

My thought on her and MSG are:

I think that Kreia dies and you have to choose one of these two to be your new mentor, not as party members, but basically choosing sides. I think if you join Atris you find she is kinda ****y and ignorant and if you MSG you kinda see that he has a logical point about somethings going on in the galaxy, kind of a surprise if you will. But I think your choice isn't final, and you will have another oppurtunity to turn on or reaffirm your loyalty to the one you originally chose. Just an educated guess.

The website notes Kriea is willing to die for you

MCA talked awhile ago about how some of the Sith on Korriban seemed to have a point

I think this game will try to play with what you think is good and what you think is bad.

Wouldn't it be quite the twist if:

-(if you answered LS for KOTOR1)Atris turned out to be the evil villain and the MSG turned out to be Revan, who helps you.

-(if you answered DS for KOTOR1)Atris is the one who helps you, while MSG is still Revan but as a Sith Lord.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

Wouldn't it be quite the twist if:

-(if you answered LS for KOTOR1)Atris turned out to be the evil villain and the MSG turned out to be Revan, who helps you.

-(if you answered DS for KOTOR1)Atris is the one who helps you, while MSG is still Revan but as a Sith Lord.

Yeah, that would be pretty effed up. But if there is any twist it would be something along those lines.

My thought on her and MSG are:

I think that Kreia dies and you have to choose one of these two to be your new mentor, not as party members, but basically choosing sides. I think if you join Atris you find she is kinda ****y and ignorant and if you MSG you kinda see that he has a logical point about somethings going on in the galaxy, kind of a surprise if you will. But I think your choice isn't final, and you will have another oppurtunity to turn on or reaffirm your loyalty to the one you originally chose. Just an educated guess.

The website notes Kriea is willing to die for you

MCA talked awhile ago about how some of the Sith on Korriban seemed to have a point

I think this game will try to play with what you think is good and what you think is bad.

That seems quite sound to me. :lol:

It would be nice if the game gave you difficult decisions to make, not being clear which is the 'right' or 'wrong' choice. To me that is the most appealing way to put the whole LS/DS business.

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

9. Wookiee Character

Has a dev or someone from LA confirmed the walking carpet yet? Because I keep wondering why eveyone keeps putting it in their lists of party members if it hasn't been confirmed yet.

"The only difference between genius and stupidity is genius has its limits!" - Albert Einstein.

"It's better to be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt!"

"You can try to kill me, you'd fail!, but you can try!" - Revan.

"When you have exhausted all other possibilities whatever remains, however improbable must be the truth." - Sherlock Holmes (a.k.a. Sir Arthur Conan Dole)

"A lack of planning on your part, does not constitute an emergency on my part"

AscendedPaladin.png

9. Wookiee Character

Has a dev or someone from LA confirmed the walking carpet yet? Because I keep wondering why eveyone keeps putting it in their lists of party members if it hasn't been confirmed yet.

It hasn't been stated at this forum, but i think that it was mentioned in of the recent interviews, (IGN perhaps?)

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

9. Wookiee Character

It hasn't been stated at this forum, but i think that it was mentioned in of the recent interviews, (IGN perhaps?)

by anychance could you provide a link please?

"The only difference between genius and stupidity is genius has its limits!" - Albert Einstein.

"It's better to be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt!"

"You can try to kill me, you'd fail!, but you can try!" - Revan.

"When you have exhausted all other possibilities whatever remains, however improbable must be the truth." - Sherlock Holmes (a.k.a. Sir Arthur Conan Dole)

"A lack of planning on your part, does not constitute an emergency on my part"

AscendedPaladin.png