TSL

With all of the upgrades in TSL (new crystals, new stances, new lightsaber qualities, new force powers, more level ups, skill points are more important, prestige classes, blasters do more damage, all non-jedi's have special skill, start out as jedi, and no Carth) will the game have challenge?

I mean if we get all these upgrades and the enemies only get a little harder, won't we just wipe up?

I dont think this game will be a pushover id probably expect the same difficulty as kotor as our enemies will probably recieve similar upgrades but of course they will have to lose because if you make the game too hard you wont be able to pass the game and advance the story.

I do get if they make it too easy however it wont be as fun or challenging. Besides with the new fighting styles I would think that weaker enemies would be better so you can do some really cool jump and spin strikes :lol: what it will probably come down to is how much you enjoy the new story, chars and upgrades.

With all of the upgrades in TSL (new crystals, new stances, new lightsaber qualities, new force powers, more level ups, skill points are more important, prestige classes, blasters do more damage, all non-jedi's have special skill, start out as jedi, and no Carth) will the game have challenge?

I mean if we get all these upgrades and the enemies only get a little harder, won't we just wipe up?

Don't forget that the enemies also get all these upgrades as well. So I think the game's difficulty will increase accordingly.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

Don't forget that the enemies also get all these upgrades as well. So I think the game's difficulty will increase accordingly.

Just to add to what GOA said; some of the enemies will scale along with the PC preventing a player from just walking through a level.

"The only difference between genius and stupidity is genius has its limits!" - Albert Einstein.

"It's better to be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt!"

"You can try to kill me, you'd fail!, but you can try!" - Revan.

"When you have exhausted all other possibilities whatever remains, however improbable must be the truth." - Sherlock Holmes (a.k.a. Sir Arthur Conan Dole)

"A lack of planning on your part, does not constitute an emergency on my part"

AscendedPaladin.png

K1 was hard for me my first couple playthroughs. It might have been because I never played a game like this before. I had to strategize a lot for it. I would assume that K2 will be the same as well which is good, there will be enemies in this game which will be hard to defeat like the Sith holding the launch codes or Calo or Bandon.

K1 was hard for me my first couple playthroughs. It might have been because I never played a game like this before. I had to strategize a lot for it. I would assume that K2 will be the same as well which is good, there will be enemies in this game which will be hard to defeat like the Sith holding the launch codes or Calo or Bandon.

I had the same problem. KOTOR was my first real cRPG I'd ever played, and getting used to what I had to do and what these "dice rolls" were meant to do took a bit of time.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

I just hope it doesn't come down to spamming master speed and master flurry... o:)"

Agreed.

Also, for me there was really no enemy that I had to think too hard about. The Sith Govenor on Taris I had play 3 times until I beat him. But I was still getting a hang of the game. Now that I have a hang of KOTOR, I don't know...

I had the same problem. KOTOR was my first real cRPG I'd ever played, and getting used to what I had to do and what these "dice rolls" were meant to do took a bit of time.

I also had never played a CRPG before so I was in the same boat as you guys. Hell I think it took me something like 10 hrs on my first playthrough to beat taris but then agian I was tlakign to everyone and checking everyroom and running around killing every bad guy on the planet.

"The only difference between genius and stupidity is genius has its limits!" - Albert Einstein.

"It's better to be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt!"

"You can try to kill me, you'd fail!, but you can try!" - Revan.

"When you have exhausted all other possibilities whatever remains, however improbable must be the truth." - Sherlock Holmes (a.k.a. Sir Arthur Conan Dole)

"A lack of planning on your part, does not constitute an emergency on my part"

AscendedPaladin.png

Since my experience with RPG's is limited to Kotor and most of the NWM official campaign, I hope that the game isn't harder combat wise, but harder in terms of problem solving. When I first got Kotor, I had a hard time with combat and stats (and I am still not too proficient). I don't want to be able to beat the game just by running around and killing everything that is hostile.

I think with all of the new combat features that we will see more combat in order to use all of the feats, powers and stances that we will choose. I don't think that it will be any harder because (as someone already stated) as we get higher in level, so do our enemies.

Has anyone played any games that the obsidian people have made before?  What was their challenge level?  Like was Fallout hard?

Fallout wasn't exactly hard, it was...sometimes a little difficult. Like, to figure out what you had to do next, or where you should go next.

Anyway, my first playtrough of Kotor was pretty easy, because I am an XP point freak. I wanted every XP point I could get so I leveled pretty fast. All the "special" enemies where actually a piece of cake when I first encountered them (Calo, Bandon...) :)

Has anyone played any games that the obsidian people have made before?  What was their challenge level?  Like was Fallout hard?

Fallout wasn't exactly hard, it was...sometimes a little difficult. Like, to figure out what you had to do next, or where you should go next.

Anyway, my first playtrough of Kotor was pretty easy, because I am an XP point freak. I wanted every XP point I could get so I leveled pretty fast. All the "special" enemies where actually a piece of cake when I first encountered them (Calo, Bandon...) :)

It all depends on how you play. If you play fallout 2 (never played 1) like I played KOTOR (straight up fighting every thing that was an enemy), it is really hard. In fallout, sneaking around and avoiding conflict was actually important, especially in the early going. In KOTOR you could just run through the game without worrying too much about what was around the corner, that wasn't the case in FO.

It's really basically how you played the game. I've been playing RPGs for about 8-9 years, first one was Wild Arms for PS1 and second was FF7 (one of if not THE best rpg for PS1). Both very good if I may add. They got me going. I'm well versed in the D20 and DnD system so I know quite well how it works. Combat for me was alright, not too difficult but not pushover. I played on normal but later switched to hard. When I changed it to hard the only problem I had was on Taris because I didn't level my PC at all, left him at level 2 so that I could maximize the Jedi Consular class. That was hard because of relative weakness of the main character at such a low level on those settings, but afterwards it seemed fairly easy/normal without too many difficulties. It depends on your experience with RPGs, D20, and understanding of game mechanics. I liked the difficulty of Kotor, but if its raised a bit, then it would be perfect. Some people had difficulty with the mini-games, space combat was fairly easy once you got the hang of it, swoop bikes took a while to get a handle of. Everyone is different in these regards. :)