***UNOFFICAL KOTOR 2 : THE SITH LORDS FAQ***

I have decided to make a Unoffical FAQ on KOTOR 2 : The Sith Lords. I will be regularly updating this to keep in touch with current information.

When is KOTOR 2 set?

KOTOR 2 is set 5 years after the original. The Republic is scattered from the aftermath of the Jedi Civil war and the scourge of Malak. As a result the Jedi order also ceases to exist. Sith Assassins are hunting the last of the Jedi, the one who they believe will determines the outcome of the galaxy - you.

Who is my Character?

You are a veteran of the Mandalorian war who was in exile from the recent events. You are the last known Jedi left and it is up to you to decide a future for yourself and the Jedi order.

Will the choices that I made in KOTOR influence KOTOR 2?

Yes. Early in the game, conversations will take place in which you will instruct the game, the outcome of your choices in the first game. The game will recognize this and will make the necessary changes in the dialogue/story line.

Will I see the Ebon Hawk again?

Yes. You find the Hawk mysteriously abandoned on the asteroid mining facility of Peragus.

Will I start of with force powers and a lightsaber?

No. Although there is no need for training, being in exile has left you out of touch with the force. As you progress though the game, you strength in the force grows stronger and you acquire a light saber.

Are there any new classes?

Yes, they are called Prestige Classes. They include Sith Lord, Sith Marauder, Sith Assassin, Jedi Master, Jedi Watchmen and Jedi weapon master. More classes may be included.

How will my choices affect my party members?

Like in the first game in doing bad/good things you will receive praise/disappointment from your team members. However KOTOR 2 takes this one step further. Some companions may idolize you and copy what you do, while some others will go the opposite way. This will have an effect on the story line. Also there will be characters who will not join your party unless you are of a particular alignment, raising the value of playing through KOTOR II as both Light and Dark Side.

How many planets are there?

7 worlds including Dantooine, Telos (Carths home world), Onderon, and Duxon.

Will combat and interface have major makeovers?

No. Both were well designed in the first game with no need to change. However the Devs will be working on improving and refining both these issues. For example a quick key will make in much easier to change weapons during combat, instead of having to go though your inventory and searching.

Will upgrading on the workbench be more developed in this game?

Definitely. Much more items and upgrade options will be available making way for more powerful items.

Will there be a different graphics engine in KOTOR 2?

No, however the Devs will make tweak the KOTOR engine by making improvements to lighting, weather and slicker character and fighting animations.

Will more combat feats be included?

Not only are more feats included, but the animations representing them will vary as well. If a character is weak in a feat, they might attack clumsily and miss sometimes, where if a character is experienced in a feat the attack animation will make the character look more swift and powerful when attacking. This is to give the player a more satisfying sense of progression.

Will I see any old characters from the first game?

Yes. most old characters from the old game will be seen/mentioned if either alive or dead. However don

• 6 months later...

This thread has been chopped to allow for new items to not get lost.

the old thread is here for anyone who wants to refer to it.

The main thing that should be pointed out, and has been questioned from this FAQ is that the US X-Box release is in December, everyone else has to wait until February 2005 for the official releases.

3. For the folks following along at home, Obsidian won't be doing Xbox live content for K2, correct?

Yeah. The plan had been to do it, but there were a number of last minute technical problems that came up a couple months back that were going to consume a lot of our development time to resolve. There were also other issues outside of technical reasons that resulted in the decision being made to not create any Xbox live content.

-Akari

And I find it kind of funny

I find it kind of sad

The dreams in which I'm dying

Are the best I've ever had

Planets:

Peragus Station (A mining faculty)

Telos (Carth's homeworld)

Nar Shadda (Once was a place of luxury but turns into a criminal haven)

Korriban (Sith home world)

Onderon

Dxun (Jungle like planet)

Dantoine (Remains of the Jedi academy)

Citedal Station

The Harbinger

The Party:

The PC

Atton (Sion's old master)

Boa Dur (Zabark with round metal robot, he can smash doors down with his hand)

Mira (Female bounty hunter)

Silver armor man ( Akari said that he was "THE" Mandiloren)

Wookie (His special abilty is "Wookiee Rage")

HK-50

T3-M4

Handmaiden (Lightside apprentice)

Disciple

Visas Marr's (Darksdie apprentice)

Villains:

Darth Sion (He looks like he's about to fall apart, we know you encounter him on Peragus, in the sewers of Onderon, and on board the republic cruiser 'Harbringer')

Darth Nihilis (Mask Sith Guy)

Darth sith women (like the evil queen from snow white)

New Force Powers:

Battle Meditation

Force Sight

Force Clairvoyance

Force Rage

Force Scream

Force Crush

Master Heal

Force Fury

"Your total disregard for the law and human decency both disgusts me and touches my heart. Bless you, sir."

"Soilent Green is people. This guy's just a homeless heroin junkie who got in a internet caf

3. For the folks following along at home, Obsidian won't be doing Xbox live content for K2, correct?

Yeah. The plan had been to do it, but there were a number of last minute technical problems that came up a couple months back that were going to consume a lot of our development time to resolve. There were also other issues outside of technical reasons that resulted in the decision being made to not create any Xbox live content.

-Akari

:'(

Neither the HK model nore the wookie have been confirmed. Also it hasn't been confirmed that either Marr or handmaiden are going to be the apprentice. Another thing Onderon and Dxun are listed as one planet on the offical site and The silver armor guy has been comfirmed as beign THE Mandalore. So the new list sits as listed below.

Planets:

Peragus Station (A mining faculty)

Telos (Carth's homeworld)

Nar Shadda (Once was a place of luxury but turns into a criminal haven)

Korriban (Sith home world)

Onderon/Dxun (Jungle like planet)

Dantoine (Remains of the Jedi academy)

Citedal Station

The Harbinger

The Party:

The PC

Atton Rand (Carth like guy)

Kreia (Someone similar to Joole but a girl)

Boa Dur (Zabark with round metal robot)

Mira (Female bounty hunter)

Mandalore (silver aromor guy)

T3-M4

Handmaiden

Disciple

Visas Marr's

Villains:

Darth Sion (He looks like he's about to fall apart, we know you encounter him on Peragus, in the sewers of Onderon, and on board the republic cruiser 'Harbringer')

Darth Nihilis (Mask Sith Guy)

Darth sith women (like the evil queen from snow white)

New Force Powers:

Battle Meditation

Force Sight

Force Clairvoyance

Force Rage

Force Scream

Force Crush

Master Heal

Force Fury

"The only difference between genius and stupidity is genius has its limits!" - Albert Einstein.

"It's better to be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt!"

"You can try to kill me, you'd fail!, but you can try!" - Revan.

"When you have exhausted all other possibilities whatever remains, however improbable must be the truth." - Sherlock Holmes (a.k.a. Sir Arthur Conan Dole)

"A lack of planning on your part, does not constitute an emergency on my part"

AscendedPaladin.png

-Akari

ie. Lucasarts pushing for a Christmas release. :lol:"

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

Thats a good thing.

It's a good thing that XBox won't have any Live content?

Or that the PC version wasn't pushed up as well?

Either way, I doubt EITHER XBox nor PC users would agree since:

1-no Live content means no extras

2-PC version is exactly the same as XBox version (read Feargus' interview), so the extra time isn't for "adding content to the PC".

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

We'are somewhat even, but two months is a long time but i don't have Xbox live so i'm not that dissapointed.

"Your total disregard for the law and human decency both disgusts me and touches my heart. Bless you, sir."

"Soilent Green is people. This guy's just a homeless heroin junkie who got in a internet caf

2-PC version is exactly the same as XBox version (read Feargus' interview), so the extra time isn't for "adding content to the PC".

I wonder if that means that the PC version wont have DLC either?

"The only difference between genius and stupidity is genius has its limits!" - Albert Einstein.

"It's better to be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt!"

"You can try to kill me, you'd fail!, but you can try!" - Revan.

"When you have exhausted all other possibilities whatever remains, however improbable must be the truth." - Sherlock Holmes (a.k.a. Sir Arthur Conan Dole)

"A lack of planning on your part, does not constitute an emergency on my part"

AscendedPaladin.png

LOL!!!

We'are somewhat even, but two months is a long time but i don't have Xbox live so i'm not that dissapointed.

me aswell

also i am very confused =S when will TSL be released in the uk? of course if it is a late release than i just order from internet =D

It should be released on February 2005, which is the PC and international release date.

LOL!!!

me aswell

also i am very confused =S when will TSL be released in the uk? of course if it is a late release than i just order from internet =D

I wouldn't recommend it. If you order the NTSC version (US Xbox) you won't have much use for it in your PAL system...

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

Refering to the question of HK's appearence:

Have anyone seen the artwork for the box? HK-47 is clearly on it alongside with T3-M4! isn't that a kind of conformation .. at least that some kind of assassination droid will appear?

Fortune favors the bald.