Improve the Sentinel Class in KOTOR2!

Why improve the Sentinel? Because if the core Jedi classes are implemented the same as KOTOR1, then there's no point in choosing the Sentinel. The Consular can pretty much do everything the Sentinel can, and then some.

The Sentinel has the same BAB and feat progression as the Consular - Guardian has the advantage there.

The Sentinel and Consular can not choose Weapon Specialization: Lightsaber - Guardian has that advantage.

The Sentinel has the same force progression as the Guardian - the Consular has the advantage there.

The Sentinel has the same total saving throws as the Consular and Guardian - all three are equal.

The Sentinel has the same total Vitality/Force Points as the Consular and Guardian - all three are equal.

The Sentinel recieves Immunity to Fear, Stun, and Paralysis; disabilities that can be negated or prevented from force powers, saving throws, and/or items(Immunity Mind-Effecting gives immunity to fear, stun, AND paralysis) - the Consular and Guardian recieves feats that cannot be replicated from items or other means. They both have an advantage over the Sentinel.

The Sentinel recieves 1 extra skill point at level up and has the same class skills as the Guardian - the Consular, on the other hand, recieves Computer Use, Demolitions, and Repair as class skills as well as the ones Sentinel/Guardians normally recieve. The Consular and Sentinel are equal in the skills department.

As you can see, the Sentinel is pointless in KOTOR1.

Devs, if you havent already, please improve the Sentinel class for KOTOR2!

Sorry but aside from movie sequences i cant remember being subject to fear, stun or paralysis, except for choke which is a stun effect created by yourself rather than the spell.

And Sentinel is a good balance between warrior/caster, i lik him i fail to see how class wasent good.

Honestly i think he been one of the easiest character to finish game with because he gets best of all, he get good force powers, immunity and alot of hp, especially if fighter prior to class.

When i was at end i had somewhere around 297hp and 180force point and 27att and around 27ac with force speed apprx. if you think counsolur or gaurdian gets better than that then it ok but i personally think sentinel is ok enough for me to choose them over the other 2

i hope this time the class wont affect the height of your character.

Qui-Gon was maybe the second tallest Jedi after Vader we have ever seen and he was not a guardian type of character.

He was counsulor as i recall qui-gon, seem to remember he had a green sword.

But i doubt that size is linked with class, so i dont think you have to worry if any mod on height its probaly Strengh that mods.

• 2 weeks later...

Qui-Gon was maybe the second tallest Jedi after Vader we have ever seen and he was not a guardian type of character.

But i doubt that size is linked with class, so i dont think you have to worry if any mod on height its probaly Strengh that mods.

Only in the EU does lightsaber color reflect your class, not in the movies

People laugh when I say that I think a jellyfish is one of the most beautiful things in the world. What they don't understand is, I mean a jellyfish with long, blond hair.

Only in the EU does lightsaber color reflect your class, not in the movies

Dont agree, they in movie act exactly like the colour of their lightsaber.

Except maybe Windu Mace but he got Purple by request since Samuel Jackson like purple colour he requested that he would have one in movie.

there are only 2 common jedi colors in the EU green and blue, for the sith its red, mace was an exception because he was for one-different type of jedi all together he spent less time on meditation and more on fighting- his character was only there to show that while the jedi have lots of living force potential theyre unifying force was lost, even he realizes it be4 he dies in episode 3

The Sentinel has the same total Vitality/Force Points as the Consular and Guardian - all three are equal.

The Sentinel recieves Immunity to Fear, Stun, and Paralysis; disabilities that can be negated or prevented from force powers, saving throws, and/or items(Immunity Mind-Effecting gives immunity to fear, stun, AND paralysis) - the Consular and Guardian recieves feats that cannot be replicated from items or other means. They both have an advantage over the Sentinel.

Actually vitality points are NOT the same for all Jedi classes. Guardians get 10/level + con bonuses (like Solders), Sentinels got 8 + bonuses and Consulars 6 + bonuses.

And actually immunity to mind effects does not grant immunity to Stasis/Paralysis. Try it on the Sith female upon entering the Sith base in Manaan thru the Embassy doors. Insanity has no effect on her (due to her nerve resistance implant) but Stasis works just fine.

As well the Dark Jedi Master in the Temple at the Unknown world was probably a Sentinel since he was Immune to Paralysis when Jolee cast Stasis field (checked feedback window) and Horror.

Actually vitality points are NOT the same for all Jedi classes. Guardians get 10/level + con bonuses (like Solders), Sentinels got 8 + bonuses and Consulars 6 + bonuses.

And actually immunity to mind effects does not grant immunity to Stasis/Paralysis. Try it on the Sith female upon entering the Sith base in Manaan thru the Embassy doors. Insanity has no effect on her (due to her nerve resistance implant) but Stasis works just fine.

As well the Dark Jedi Master in the Temple at the Unknown world was probably a Sentinel since he was Immune to Paralysis when Jolee cast Stasis field (checked feedback window) and Horror.

There is a huge difference between having the immunities or not if you dont believe me then, try making a gaurdian try with mind immunity equipment and without youll see the difference, ofcause it not a all immunity but it remove most of the offensive against you.

And reason Windu has Purple is still because he requested it because its Samuel Jackson favorite colour, he said so himself in a interview.

Huh? I did say that as far as Stasis goes, Sentinels do have an advantage. It is just that very few enemies used Stasis. Most Dark jedi use Fear, drain life, choke (only thing that blocks it is force immunity/resistance as even a successful save does damage) and Plague in KOTOR1. I can remember the Sith governor in Taris using it a lot (which is why from the point I discovered I didn't really need the grenades on most other opponents, I used them exclusively there. Adhesive first then plasmas and frags) and one Dark jedi that spawned on the Star Forge.

Drain Life, Choke/Kill and Plague are not powers that Sentinels are immune to. DS sentinels could get immunity to Plague upon achieving DS mastery. Otherwise, stuns and fear are easily negated with nerve resistance belt, special armor, stabilizer masks and implants.

Of course, Bastila's immunity doesn't kick in during cut scenes LOL (remember the Leviathan). And she sure got Choked a fair bit during the course of the game.

And why did you harp on about Mace Windu again :) ???

Huh?  I did say that as far as Stasis goes, Sentinels do have an advantage.  It is just that very few enemies used Stasis. Most Dark jedi use Fear, drain life, choke (only thing that blocks it is force immunity/resistance as even a successful save does damage) and Plague in KOTOR1.  I can remember the Sith governor in Taris using it a lot (which is why from the point I discovered I didn't really need the grenades on most other opponents, I used them exclusively there.  Adhesive first then plasmas and frags) and one Dark jedi that spawned on the Star Forge.

Drain Life, Choke/Kill and Plague are not powers that Sentinels are immune to.  DS sentinels could get immunity to Plague upon achieving DS mastery.  Otherwise, stuns and fear are easily negated with nerve resistance belt, special armor, stabilizer masks and implants.

Of course, Bastila's immunity doesn't kick in during cut scenes LOL (remember the Leviathan).  And she sure got Choked a fair bit during the course of the game.

And why did you harp on about Mace Windu again  :lol: ???

Windu remark was for anakins revenge, sorry it got messed in with the other dident wanna double reply.

Only saying that when i played sentinel DS i dident incounter any ds effect on me as far as i recall aside from lightning and drain.

Only wanted to state that sentinels arent as useless as many seem to make them.

I have seen some pretty solid arguments that they are the best class actually, a little tweaking wouldn't hurt for all the classes really, but Sentinels are certainly not some weak class that can't compete with the others.

The original post is so full of mistakes about them it's pointless arguing.

I like Sentinels. I don't find themw eak at all and are as good as the other Jedi classes. Immunity stuff is really good because with them you don't have to waste items or other stuff protecting yourself from stun etc.

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

Nope. Sure it give you +20 Hp, but I am never close to lose all my Hp any time so it is of no use (hint I do get force resistance all the time :thumbsup: ).

If they had given Sentinel +3 Dex it would have been more usefull, since you would hit more often then.

"but I am never close to lose all my Hp any time so it is of no use"

That's not a problem with the class or ability but with the challenge of them. KOTOR was mostly easy so you didn't need any of the Jedi class super powers anyways. Up the challenge and the +3 CON would be helpful. Don't forget it also gives you a bonus to fort saves.

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

That's not a problem with the class or ability but with the challenge of them. KOTOR was mostly easy so you didn't need any of the Jedi class super powers anyways. Up the challenge and the +3 CON would be helpful. Don't forget it also gives you a bonus to fort saves.

For a sentinel saves are a no big deal. You got immunities and if you get implant you can be more or less immune to everything except physical attacks, thrown light sabres, drain life, force lightning and forcepush abilities. You do have low attack though, so Dex would be much more usefull.

For a sentinel saves are a no big deal. You got immunities and if you get implant you can be more or less immune to everything except physical attacks, thrown light sabres, drain life, force lightning and forcepush abilities. You do have low attack though, so Dex would be much more usefull.

Well think your best bets are Con and wisdom since it gives most back, if you go melee then i surgest the Con, otherwise if you use range and throw then id go Wisdom.

You need at least around 30-40ac if you going to see any difference in dex adds, so i wouldnt go dex less you high ride it, a start of 14dex will give you a decent ac with last robe, but aside of that you need extremely high dex if your gonna see any change.

Further AC is good for 1vs1 but hp is far better in large scale battle since dex get penalties versus more opponents.