• Form I
    • Form II
    • Form III
    • Form IV
    • Form V
    • Form VI
    • Form VII

i have no idea at all

not sure really, as far as i gather every jedi that good in combat training know most of them if not all, think it says somewhere that there is 7general moves went using lightsaber to fight.

But i dont have much info what they are and what do what, but as it a 3 person attack seen id assume it would be a defensive move, like one anakin use when fighting dooku in SW ep2.

Remember he has lightsaber sorta in same position like Revan, and Dooku in a more aggressive position.

If i know which one is having that position i could tell but not really sure right now, but one of the defensive.

Form VII shouldn't be an option. It wasn't created 'till the prequel trilogy era by Mace Windu and Sora Bulq.

Read the highlighted section below. The reason why I posted the entire post form Jaguars4ever is because Barzarel asked what they were.

The Seven Forms of Lightsaber Combat  : 

Since the dawn of Jedi history, seven fighting disciplines have arisen, known as the Seven Forms. The Forms represent differing styles and philosophies of combat. Each Form has its respective merits, and as seen in Attack of the Clones, all of them are still in use.

Form I

Millennia before the Clone Wars, advanced technology replaced metal swords with energy-beam lightsabers. In this transition the first Form was born. Jedi Masters created Form I from ancient sword-fighting traditions, since the principles of blade combat remained much the same. The basics of attack, parry, body target zones, and the practice drills called velocities are all here.

formi.jpg

Young Jedi still begin their training by learning Form I.

Form II

The ultimate refinement of lightsaber-to-lightsaber combat became Form II, advancing the precision of blade manipulation to its finest possible degree and producing the greatest dueling masters the galaxy has ever seen.

Today Form II is an archaism studied by almost no one in the Jedi Order, because it is not relevant to current tactical situations, in which Jedi enemies rarely fight with lightsabers. Even with the resurgence of the Sith, confrontation of an enemy with a lightsaber is an exceedingly rare prospect for a Jedi, so they continue to focus on more practical Forms. Sith expecting to battle lightsaber-wielding Jedi, however, find Form II a powerful technique.

formii.jpg

Form II is the chosen discipline of the machiavellian Separatist Count Dooku, who wields it to devastating effect. His utterly precise moves overwhelm Jedi who are not accustomed to the special requirements of lightsaber dueling. With Form II, Dooku holds his own even against Master Yoda.

Acknowledged practitioners: Count Dooku, Exar Kun

Form III

The third great lightsaber discipline was first developed in response to the advancement of blaster technology in the galaxy. As these weapons spread widely into the hands of evil-doers, Jedi had to develop unique means of defending themselves. Form III thus arose from "laserblast" deflection training. Over the centuries it has transcended this origin to become a highly refined expression of non-aggressive Jedi philosophy. Form III maximizes defensive protection in a style characterized by tight, efficient movements that expose minimal target area compared to the relatively open style of some of the other Forms.

Obi-Wan Kenobi takes up a dedication to Form III after the death of Qui-Gon Jinn (who favored Form IV), since it was apparent to Kenobi that Jinn's defense was insufficient against the Sith techniques of Darth Maul. True Form III masters are considered invincible. Even in his elder years, Kenobi remains a formidable Form III practitioner.

formiii.jpg

Even the extraordinarily deadly Jango Fett is unable to penetrate Obi-Wan Kenobi's superb lightsaber defenses.

Acknowledged practitioners: Obi-Wan Kenobi

Form IV

Form IV is the most acrobatic Form, heavily emphasizing Jedi abilities to run, jump, and spin in phenomenal ways by using the Force. Masters of Form IV incorporate all of the ways in which the Force helps them go beyond what is physically possible. Their lightsaber combat is astonishing to watch, filled with elaborate moves in the center of which a Jedi may be all but a blur. Yoda, with his deep emphasis on the Force in all things, is a Form IV master. Form IV was also the chosen discipline of Qui-Gon Jinn and the early choice of his apprentice Obi-Wan Kenobi.

formiv.jpg

Ordinarily Yoda walks with a slight limp, his ancient body wracked with arthritis and the normal infirmities of old age. In combat however, the diminutive Jedi Master presents extraordinary strength and reflexes - entirely the result of focusing the Force through his physical body and not just his spirit as is his usual emphasis.

Acknowledged practitioners: Yoda, Qui-Gon Jinn

Form V

During an era when Jedi were called upon to more actively maintain the peace in the galaxy, Form V arose alongside Form IV to address a need for greater power among the Jedi. Jedi Masters who felt that Form III could be too passive developed Form V. A Form III master might be undefeatable, but neither could he necessarily overcome his enemy. Form V focuses on strength and lightsaber attack moves. This Form exploits the ability of the lightsaber to block a blaster bolt and turns this defensive move into an offensive attack by deflecting the bolt deliberately towards an opponent. A dedication to the power and strength necessary to defeat an enemy characterizes the philosophy of Form V, which some Jedi describe by the maxim "peace through superior firepower." To some Jedi Knights, Form V represents a worthy discipline prepared for any threat; to others Form V seems to foster an inappropriate focus on dominating others.

formv.jpg

As the Clone War begins, Anakin Skywalker dedicates himself to Form V in his increasingly blind quest for strength. As Darth Vader he will still be using Form V when he confronts Obi-Wan Kenobi and later Luke Skywalker.

Acknowledged practitioners: Anakin Skywalker, Luke Skywalker

Form VI

In the time of Palpatine's Chancellorship, Form VI is the current standard in Jedi lightsaber training. This Form balances the emphases of other Forms with overall moderation, in keeping with the Jedi quest to achieve true harmony and justice without resorting to the rule of power. It is considered the "diplomat's Form" because it is less intensive in its demands than the other disciplines, allowing Jedi to spend more time developing their skills in perception, political strategy, and negotiation. In practice, Form VI is a combination of Forms I, III, IV, and V. Young Jedi spend their first few years studying Form I and then a year or two with each additional Form before completing their training. By comparison, a Form VI master will spend at least ten years studying only that Form after completing the basic Form I training. Form VI well suits the modern Jedi's role in the galaxy, in which a Knight overly trained in martial combat might be at a loss to resolve a complex political conflict between star systems. However, full masters of other Forms sometimes consider Form VI to be insufficiently demanding.

formvi.jpg

In an increasingly dangerous galaxy, the "diplomat's Form" might not be enough against serious combat dangers. All the Form VI Jedi Knights who fight on Geonosis die in the arena battle.

Acknowledged practitioners: numerous Jedi, including those lost on Geonosis

Form VII

Only high-level masters of multiple Forms can achieve and control the ultimate descipline known as Form VII. This is the most difficult and demanding of all Forms, but it can eventually lead to fantastic power and skill. Form VII employs bold, direct movements, more open and kinetic than Form V but not so elaborate in appearance as Form IV. In addition to very advanced Force-assisted jumps and movements, Form VII tactics overwhelm opponents with seemingly unconnected staccato sequences, making the Form highly unpredictable in battle. This trait makes for a much more difficult execution than the graceful, linked move sequences of Form IV. Form VII requires the intensity of Form V, but much greater energy since that focus is wielded more broadly. Form VII draws upon a deeper well of emotion than even Form V, yet masters it more fully. The outward bearing of a Form VII practitioner is one of calm, but the inner pressure verges on explosion. Form VII is still under development since so few can achieve the necessary mastery to advance the art.

formvii.jpg

Form VII master Mace Windu fights alongside Form III practitioner Obi-Wan Kenobi in the Battle of Geonosis. This spiritually dangerous regimen cuts perilously close to the Sith intensity of focus on physical combat ability. Mace Windu is one of the only current practitioners of Form VII.

"The only difference between genius and stupidity is genius has its limits!" - Albert Einstein.

"It's better to be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt!"

"You can try to kill me, you'd fail!, but you can try!" - Revan.

"When you have exhausted all other possibilities whatever remains, however improbable must be the truth." - Sherlock Holmes (a.k.a. Sir Arthur Conan Dole)

"A lack of planning on your part, does not constitute an emergency on my part"

AscendedPaladin.png

During the time of KOTOR only styles 1 and 2 of combat were around. Forms 3-7 were not invented until after KOTOR. So Revan could only have form 1 or 2

regaurdless of whether or not they were supost to have exsisted they will in KOTOR TSL. Which is cool with me since I would like to try out a few of the ones that arent suppost to exist (w00t) . Also I have been wondering where is everyone getting where/when the forms were created? a link (if possible) to the info would be appreciated.

"The only difference between genius and stupidity is genius has its limits!" - Albert Einstein.

"It's better to be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt!"

"When you have exhausted all other possibilities whatever remains, however improbable must be the truth." - Sherlock Holmes (a.k.a. Sir Arthur Conan Dole)

AscendedPaladin.png

Im fairly sure Obsidian is creating its own forms, not relying on I-VII. I base this on the fact that in the IGN lightsaber preview (http://xbox.ign.com/articles/563/563609p1.html) they are referred to by name not number.

I was thinking the same thing, but just assumed that Obsidian had assigned the names to corresponding numbers. I figured they did this because, lets face it, names are way more interesting than numbers. The only thing that threw me off was that Form VII, Mace Windu's style is known as Vaapad in Shatterpoint, not Juyo.

I've gotta go with style 5, simply because he had to be the same style as Vader for me, but then again, with all the blaster bolt deflection, wasn't that a crystal in KotOR? So I wouldn't rely too much on these styles, they probably just influenced things, nothing more.

I've gotta go with style 5, simply because he had to be the same style as Vader for me, but then again, with all the blaster bolt deflection, wasn't that a crystal in KotOR? So I wouldn't rely too much on these styles, they probably just influenced things, nothing more.

Yup, i'm under the same impression too.

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

I have no idea if Revan used any of those specific forms, but I recall once a long time ago someone called Revan's fighting stance scorpion stance.

Don't know where they go t the name or if it was even a true stance but I pressume they referred to the stance shown in the cutscenes in the fight against Bastila.

I hope form 2 is true to what is supposed to be. Dooku was supposed to use a fencing style of fighting, but Dooku used 2 hands at times in his fight against Yoda; fencing is a one handed form. I'd love to be able to have one handed fencing ingame.

The answer is Form 2... the one that is built for 2 Jedi's fighting... If you are a Sith Lord in control of a huge sith fleet... with droids and high security. You won't be having to fight a a couple punk kids with some blaster rifles (w00t) I doubt they'd make it pass the first set of troopers. The only one whose gonna get close enough to attack you is a Jedi... i.e. they will have to use Form 2 and go mono e mono.

if anything i'd say form II; in an era where both jedi and sith run rampant it would be essential for survival for both parties to place more emphasis on dueling techniques.

a jedi doesn't really need all those other forms because what other force could be a match for a jedi that doesn't use a lightsaber?

The answer is Form 2... the one that is built for 2 Jedi's fighting... If you are a Sith Lord in control of a huge sith fleet... with droids and high security. You won't be having to fight a a couple punk kids with some blaster rifles  (w00t) I doubt they'd make it pass the first set of troopers. The only one whose gonna get close enough to attack you is a Jedi... i.e. they will have to use Form 2 and go mono e mono.

Good points!

I would also say Form II simply by virtue of severing his/her apprentice's jaw without mortally wounding him, even though we see very little of the atypical high stance. Mirroring prior points that Revan knew the path he/she was headed down ergo he/she more than likely anticipated the need for the technique as an eventual contingency against Jedi that wouldn't rally to his/her cause during the Mandallorian Wars.

I wouldn't be surprised if he'd mastered Form I as well given his/her studious nature that and in being able to adapt to a secondary stance could have provided a necessary edge in combat when determining who would be the Sith Master.

I'm pretty sure it was form 2, It is intended for 1 on 1 combat, and thats all a SithLord should worry about, especially if his apprentice treis to overthrow him....ya dig?

I could see malak using form 7 by the way, cuz he was supposed to be a crazy badass on the battlefield, kinda like an evil mace windu

but....Revan would have taken Malak in a 1 on 1 duel, thats why Malak used the cheapshot on revans ship

I have no idea if Revan used any of those specific forms, but I recall once a long time ago someone called Revan's fighting stance scorpion stance.

Don't know where they go t the name or if it was even a true stance but I pressume they referred to the stance shown in the cutscenes in the fight against Bastila.

The scorpion stance is a real-life stance for sword fighting. If I am not mistaken the reason why they used that name is becuse between battle the open stance (or in other words when on Revans ship just before Malak attacks, you see revan with his lightsaber lifted above his head with the blade pointing down) was very similar to the scorpion stance.

AscendedPaladin.png