Why Do The US Xbox Users Get KOTOR 2 First?

I think its un-fair how the US xbox users get their hands on Kotor 2 before the PC users and the international xbox users....why do we have to sit and wait for about a month later to get it....I dont have any thing againt the US xbox users I just think why do they get it first?

I think its un-fair how the US xbox users get their hands on Kotor 2 before the PC users and the international xbox users....why do we have to sit and wait for about a month later to get it....I dont have any thing againt the US xbox users I just think why do they get it first?

Simply put LA decided to push up the production time for the Xbox version so they would have atleast one to boost christmas sales, and since North America has the highest level of gamers they decided to release it there.

Now as to why they chose the Xbox version over the PC verison I could only guess that it would be because it would take longer to bug test and system test for the PC version than the carbon copy Xbox. SO to sun everything up its because of MONEY that they chose the NA Xbox over everyone else.

"The only difference between genius and stupidity is genius has its limits!" - Albert Einstein.

"It's better to be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt!"

"You can try to kill me, you'd fail!, but you can try!" - Revan.

"When you have exhausted all other possibilities whatever remains, however improbable must be the truth." - Sherlock Holmes (a.k.a. Sir Arthur Conan Dole)

"A lack of planning on your part, does not constitute an emergency on my part"

AscendedPaladin.png

It's a long, sad, story.

Suffice to say, however, that US is the biggest market. Christmas is when games sell the most. More people have consoles than capable PCs (or the PC owners are not all gamers).

I know that the international version also has to be dubbed. <_<

If I'm not spending money on my relatives, I'll probably use my target giftcards (I get like. . .25$-50$ every year) and leftover cash from buying gifts (and that extra bit I save up from lunch every day!) to buy my copy of K2.

Games through self starvation. What fun.

Fnord.

I love having the XboX

People laugh when I say that I think a jellyfish is one of the most beautiful things in the world. What they don't understand is, I mean a jellyfish with long, blond hair.

I am not a PC whiner....im a international xbox user who's just wondering why?....I think all the version of KOTOR 2 should be available at the same time so everyone can enjoy kotor 2....it just seems to be blastard money and competition...

I wish more game developers would follow suit of the likes of Ubisoft. Who decided to delay the xbox and pc version of Splinter Cell, which was due this November, now march 2005! So they could release the game simultaneously on all platforms. Now that's the way to do it! And should be the only way of releasing a game along with simultaneously worldwide release (w00t)

I wonder if the devs are going to cut the DLC for the PC version? I know it would piss off alot of people if they did... myself included since I think I will be purchasing the PC version at a later date (ofcourse I will be getting the Xbox version in Dec (w00t) ). Has anyone heard for sure one way or the other yet?

"The only difference between genius and stupidity is genius has its limits!" - Albert Einstein.

"It's better to be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt!"

"You can try to kill me, you'd fail!, but you can try!" - Revan.

"When you have exhausted all other possibilities whatever remains, however improbable must be the truth." - Sherlock Holmes (a.k.a. Sir Arthur Conan Dole)

"A lack of planning on your part, does not constitute an emergency on my part"

AscendedPaladin.png

I wonder if the devs are going to cut the DLC for the PC version?

DLC was only promised for the Xbox version, iirc, and now it has been cut. People just assumed that the PC version would get it to start with or to DL later. While that might have ended up being the case, we really don't know if it would have been.

As for extra content for the PC: We are assured a better polished game because of the delay. Will we get something along the lines of new areas or weapons? No idea. I think that they just started to talk about what they want to do with the game late last week and this week (because the xbox version was turned late last week, last I heard.)

The answer is simple. Microsoft bribed them to get the X-box version done faster.

The answer is simple. Microsoft bribed them to get the X-box version done faster.

Not exactly current. Microsoft bribed them to release it faster for the X-Box in the United States. As far as I know, the PC and X-Box were both on track for the same December 2004 date. However, the extra time, hopefully, they would bug test the game for the PC, because the KOTOR I was somewhat unstable.

wait i got a letter from Big W saying that they would have kotor 2 in australia on the 6th. Perhaps you should check your stores before jumping to conclusions.

Hi Tim,

Thank you for visiting the BIG W website and for your query.

Yes - it will be available in all stores from it's on sale date.

Kind Regards

Alison Moloney

BIG W Support Office

-----Original Message-----

Sent: Wednesday, 3 November 2004 3:15 PM

To: Customer Service

Subject: BigW Feedback

The following feedback has been generated on the Big W Web Site

Mail Date:

: 3/11/2004 at 15:16

==========================================

Contact Name

: Tim Preece

Company Name

:

Contact Email

: preece1@hotmail.com

Contact Phone

:

Comments Is For

: Products

Regarding which store

: whitfords

Comments & Question

:

star wars Knights of the old republic 2 for xbox has announced a release date

for the 6th of December. I am emailing to find out if it will be available at

big W whitfords on this date.

thankyou for your time :ermm: have a nice day

Internal Browser Name

: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows NT

5.1)

Logon User:

:

Remote Addr:

: 211.26.30.171

Remote Host:

: 211.26.30.171

Local Addr:

: 192.168.4.8

Remote User:

:

HTTP Via:

: undefined

CAUTION: This message may contain confidential information intended only for the

use of the addressee named above. If you are not the intended

recipient of this message, any use or disclosure of this message is prohibited.

If you received this message in error please notify email Administrators

immediately. You must obtain all necessary intellectual property clearances

before doing anything other than displaying this message on your monitor. There

is no intellectual property licence. Any views expressed in this message are

those of the individual sender and may not necessarily reflect the views of BIG

W Discount Stores.

I thought i heard eariler that obsidian had promised that the xbox and PC version were coming out at the same time but things have changed now.

If the US bribed microsoft to make it come out eariler may we can bribe them to make it come out here earily to :blink: