For those of you who have read the new UK OXM..

I fear too that most of out old party members will be dead and/or not present at all in the game...

devs stated that most of them where not usable because in the DS path you ended up killing them.

For this reason to keep the continuity with KOTOR1 they are probably dead or not mentioned. as to put them in the devs should do a lot of work to put in speach and lines considering all the possible paths of KOTOR1, a thing not impossible but really difficult to happens.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Cameo appearances from memorable characters of the first game enhance the continuity and story flow through this unique time period.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

this doesn't strictly mean that we will see cameos of our old party members, the "memorable characters" can be npcs we met during our quest...

the outcasts, mission's brother, bastila's mother and so on...

for my taste if i have to chose between to see my old crew dead or not mentioned at all i prefer the second choice... to have them killed in some sith ambush will be very sad and i think will be the same for other "LS oriented" players.

Whtiout knowing what happened to them i can still think that big Z is returned to his homeplanet or that missions is smuggling around the galaxy and so on...

Don't forget that KOTOR II takes place 5 years after KOTOR I. The LS or DS ending of KOTOR I is still in effect. It is just that time has passed and the sith are in control. If LS: the sith are probrably hunting Revan and those who are with him, might be why the Ebon Hawk is in such bad shape. If DS: Revan has already destroyed KOTOR I party members. Sith want him out of the way so that they can rule the galaxy instead of him. Either way, 5 years gives enough of a time to where there are none left from KOTOR I except T3, and maybe HK-47.

Picking what path Revan went,DS or LS,would be the first step to telling the game which characters could or could not show up. If you choose Revan went DS along with if Revan was male or female and that side of things is rather easy to figure out.

Going LS is a little more tricky,which could be solved by simply assuming that if Revan went LS then he/she took all the LS options when it comes to the characters. Though the assumption could be applied only to Bas and not Juhani because Bas had a much large role in the game then Juhani.

The choice of Revan being DS/LS male/female will obviously play a role in the path the game takes after the conversations. And if they weren't going to take something like that into consideration,why bother with the choice at all? I'm not saying you're going to see every character but I wouldn't take what the mag said at face value. They've made mistakes before,until a Dev says other wise,I wouldn't trust the mag in that area.

Picking what path Revan went,DS or LS,would be the first step to telling the game which characters could or could not show up. If you choose Revan went DS along with if Revan was male or female and that side of things is rather easy to figure out.

Going LS is a little more tricky,which could be solved by simply assuming that if Revan went LS then he/she took all the LS options when it comes to the characters. Though the assumption could be applied only to Bas and not Juhani because Bas had a much large role in the game then Juhani.

The choice of Revan being DS/LS male/female will obviously play a role in the path the game takes after the conversations. And if they weren't going to take something like that into consideration,why bother with the choice at all? I'm not saying you're going to see every character but I wouldn't take what the mag said at face value. They've made mistakes before,until a Dev says other wise,I wouldn't trust the mag in that area.

I agree. However, don't automatically refute the mag either. As you said we should wait for a dev to confirm it, or we wait for the game to come out, which ever comes first. Though a lot can happen within 5 years.

I agree. However, don't automatically refute the mag either. As you said we should wait for a dev to confirm it, or we wait for the game to come out, which ever comes first. Though a lot can happen within 5 years.

Very true,a lot can happen. But I think killing off characters,that if the player picked Revan LS,would other wise be alive could hurt what people think of the game. Least if they killed all of them off.

I personally would be worried about how they were killed off rather then that they were killed off. If Jolee is dead from something like old age I'm going to be a little upset. However if he's dead due to some sort of large battle or important battle against a/the Sith then I wouldn't care because over all it would add to the depth the character has and gained in Knights.

Same could be said for any other the other characters. A pointless death would be worse then the fact they were killed off IMO.

However I have a large distrust for info from game mags. So until I see a Dev say :"Yeah they're all worm food". I'm not going to worry about it one way or the other.

Very true,a lot can happen. But I think killing off characters,that if the player picked Revan LS,would other wise be alive could hurt what people think of the game. Least if they killed all of them off.

I personally would be worried about how they were killed off rather then that they were killed off. If Jolee is dead from something like old age I'm going to be a little upset. However if he's dead due to some sort of large battle or important battle against a/the Sith then I wouldn't care because over all it would add to the depth the character has and gained in Knights.

Same could be said for any other the other characters. A pointless death would be worse then the fact they were killed off IMO.

However I have a large distrust for info from game mags. So until I see a Dev say :"Yeah they're all worm food". I'm not going to worry about it one way or the other.

Also true. But if they were hunted down by the Sith, that could be possible.

Also true. But if they were hunted down by the Sith, that could be possible.

Perhaps,again it would depend on the details around their death. Were they blown up in a ship out of the blue? Did they go down fighting? Were they defending an area/people? Was it an attack by the Jedi? Why did they do said attack? There's a hell of a lot of reasons and little things that could go into one of the character's death. Which as I said,would by my main focus. Good death=more depth. Bad death=pointless waste of a character. However what is and is not a good death is subjective.

Even killing Revan would be okay with me,if done right,if had a real point and reason in the story.

I think she was saying good as in "good velocitygirl isn't lying" even though she went through trying to explain to everyone why she was lying.  I was saying a sarcastic good indeed...

actually she wasn't saying that Velocitygirl was lying, in truth she was merely wanting someone else to corroberate what Velocitygirl was saying. The main reason for this is because, as I am sure you know, things have been said on these boards without any verification and caused havoc until either a dev or someone else could either prove them correct or incorrect. So I see no problem with what she was saying as it helps keep the board from getting caught up in spam wars. Now with all that being said I agree that perhaps the tone in what she was saying was perhaps a little bit more double edged than was needed but it wasn't uncalled for. And just to clear things up I am not saying Velocitygirl is lying either I am mearly stating that after reading the posts I felt that nightclever had justification in questioning what velocitygirl was saying to be fact without atleast asking for someone else to corroberate it. ALso I think that part of the reason why she might have been questioning it is because no one wants the entire party to be killed off (some yes but not all - also I am not counting T3 simply because we already know he is coming back).

Personally I don't want the characters from KOTOR to be killed off, but if in someway it will adavance the plot of TSL by killing them and that there is a damb good reason as to how and why they died then yes by all means KILL THEM!! but if there isn't then I am going to be more than a little upset at the fact that they would choose to do such a thing after all the time we all put into the precious game.

I also have to agree with SilverSun on the fact that OXM could have merely seen one side of the gameplay (i.e. Dark Side) and thus everyone is dead, because as many have already said that the devs have said repeatedly that there will be cameos from the KOTOR crew (certain ones atleast) during the course of the game based on the PCs choices at the begining of the game. So until I can get a dev to respond to this topic and say for sure that everyone from KOTOR is dead and burried or I get the game and beat it, I choose to belive that they will apear atleast in passing at some point in the game.

"The only difference between genius and stupidity is genius has its limits!" - Albert Einstein.

"It's better to be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt!"

"You can try to kill me, you'd fail!, but you can try!" - Revan.

"When you have exhausted all other possibilities whatever remains, however improbable must be the truth." - Sherlock Holmes (a.k.a. Sir Arthur Conan Dole)

"A lack of planning on your part, does not constitute an emergency on my part"

AscendedPaladin.png

the thing is I think most people will accept camoes of people they've killed in a previous game .. because several have probably played through KOTOR on more than one occasion and both LS and DS .. So you would automatically refer to the game where this certain person survived because chances are that on one of your play throughs you allowed him/her to live! its not inconsistent to let Bastilla reappear for both DS and LS Revan even though you had the option to kill her! you will just remember the game where you didn't .. at least I will!

And I'm in total agreement with Silversun if they are killed (as an important part of the story) in a fitting and honourable manner! then by all means kill them and lets remorse and honour their virtual existence! :)

Fortune favors the bald.

I'm pretty sure that magazine is incorrect, as it has been stated many times that other characters aside from T3 will come back in some way. Heck, in one interview, Chris Parker said this:

"There will be other returning characters playing various sized roles. Some are coming back in cameo-type appearances while others will be able to join your party again, just like T3"

I somehow doubt force ghosts are going to be joining are party.

http://rpgvault.ign.com/articles/529/529200p1.html

Personally I don't want the characters from KOTOR to be killed off, but if in someway it will adavance the plot of TSL by killing them and that there is a damb good reason as to how and why they died then yes by all means KILL THEM!! but if there isn't then I am going to be more than a little upset at the fact that they would choose to do such a thing after all the time we all put into the precious game.
haha, can't say it better then that boys and girls! >_<

I find it most interesting that no dev has responded with a total denial/agreement to the original post.

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

Well, i remember a magazine reporting that KotOR 2 would be released simultaneously on PC and Xbox so i'm done trusting them >_<

Having the old NPC's show up as force ghosts would be lazy writing and i don't expect that from these guys.