Do You Think Your PC Will Be Stronger Then Revan

Ok, how was Revan mr. savior jedi man? I mean, I thought he was a great jedi but a lot of it was in the tactics and stuff. It was his strategies that won the wars and such. We hear of defeating Mandalore. I don't remember if that was personal combat or not, but non-jedi shouldn't really be able to stand up to jedi too much, and the party members are mostly just more powerful for convenience, right?

In the game mechanics, yes. You'll have "prestige classes" and be able to advance to higher levels (leading to more skills, feats, and powers).

However, classes and levels don't mean much in terms of storyline. In the storyline, I'd say Revan is greater. I mean, unless they changed it, the new PC was one of Revans underlings in the Mandalorian war. If the new guy was so great, why wasn't he the head of the pack?

Ok, how was Revan mr. savior jedi man?  I mean, I thought he was a great jedi but a lot of it was in the tactics and stuff.  It was his strategies that won the wars and such.  We hear of defeating Mandalore.  I don't remember if that was personal combat or not, but non-jedi shouldn't really be able to stand up to jedi too much, and the party members are mostly just more powerful for convenience, right?

Revan's accomplishments are pretty damn impressive. He/She was able to rally support for the Republic in the Mandalorian Wars and defeat the Mandalorians who were dominating every battle. I think Canderous even said that there was no way the Republic could have won without Revan.

i don't think you should be more powerful than revan, as:

1. it's a little convenient

2. you served under revan, not the other way around

3. i think it would be more epic if it were a titanic struggle

4. it kinda makes a joke of kotor 1

5. You shouldn't have an uber powerful jedi every 5 yrs

Also i wouldn't go by the d20 system to say the new character will be stronger...this is a game, and the first kotor was limited by the rules of that game, so it's no use comparing them

remember though, you served under reaven BEFORE his mind was wiped, not after. So you can theoretically be more powerful than the PC "revan"

No, I don't think your PC in TSL will be more powerful than Revan. Maybe equal in power or less, but not more powerful. Perhaps he/she will be more powerful in Revan in some ways, vice versa.

It's not that I think there is only Revan, and only Revan as the right to be the most powerful Jedi during the time - but I think he/she is quite powerful to be one of the most feared Jedi/Sith Lords for that era. This is combined with his/her Force capabilities, and strategic brilliance.

Not to say that Revan should overshadow your PC's reputation/capabilities in TSL. The story is about your character and their destiny after all. But I would hate it to for them to say that your PC is more powerful than Revan. I would like to think Revan would go on to do doing greater things, becoming more powerful during the 5 years since the Star Forge. Perhaps he/she does not want to bother out the events in the current universe/pehaps something more important caught his/her eye.

Perhaps in TSL, NPCs would acknowledge your PC's strength/power by saying: No...I can't believe this. You are like the one who came before...You are as powerful as Revan (which kind of sounds really corny, sorry - I'm a bad speech writer).

Anyway, it was said in one of those game preview interviews that in TSL, you will learn Revan's fate - this sounds omnious and does not bode well. I hope that it is not the case where a hero has to be removed in order for a new one to rise up and take his place.

Right. IMO in this story Revan is top dog, much like Mace Windu and Yoda are in the movies. There were other powerful Jedi, but there was something about those two which indicated that Jedi don't come any more powerful than that. Even Luke can't be compared to them.

It would be pretty inconsequential if the PC became more powerful than the almighty Revan in much less time.

Also, I believe it's safe to assume the new Sith Lords won't be as powerful as Malak was, since they occupy the power vacuum left after his death, as far as we know there is not a clear master, and on top of that, Malak had the Star Forge to drain power from. So, new less powerful villains for a less powerful PC. That makes sense to me.

As long as the story and character development are well threaded, I will settle for a non-godly PC. There is no need for an uber-powerlamer PC in order to have fun you know...

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

I don't want to be all powerfull strongest Jedi in the galaxy...

Lou Gutman, P.I.- It's like I'm not even trying anymore!
http://theatomicdanger.iforumer.com/index....theatomicdanger

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the galaxy. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips. I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my viens. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk, and free throw. I am there.

From a gameplay standpoint, Revan should be more powerful than the new PC. Revan has been operating for five years since his memory wipe while the PC starts the game with a minimal contact with The Force.

I'm pretty sure the game isn't soo epic in scope that it takes place over a number of years (I would suggest a number of months at most) and it is quite impossible for the PC to reach Revan's level of power in that time.

From a gameplay standpoint, Revan should be more powerful than the new PC. Revan has been operating for five years since his memory wipe while the PC starts the game with a minimal contact with The Force.

I'm pretty sure the game isn't soo epic in scope that it takes place over a number of years (I would suggest a number of months at most) and it is quite impossible for the PC to reach Revan's level of power in that time.

Unless... Revan dies and the new PC absorbs Revan's spirit and becomes uber!!! :mellow: *dun, dun, dun*

Since the whole of the Jedi are almost vanished it may be possible that the Force has selected you to restore balance (something like Luke). So you may be extremely powerful simply because there is a need for you to be powerful so thta you can save the galaxy.

And by the light of the moon

He prays for their beauty not doom

Do you think your new PC will have a more of a role then Revan did and possiblely becomes much stonger in the force then Revan?

If he can find some way to break the level 20 level cap

"Your total disregard for the law and human decency both disgusts me and touches my heart. Bless you, sir."

"Soilent Green is people. This guy's just a homeless heroin junkie who got in a internet caf

Since the whole of the Jedi are almost vanished it may be possible that the Force has selected you to restore balance (something like Luke). So you may be extremely powerful simply because there is a need for you to be powerful so thta you can save the galaxy.

Luke didnt restore balance, Anakin did as was prophecized. It just took him awhile.

Yes, there are no more Jedi around to steal my life force... now I can draw power from every living organism in the universe!!! :thumbsup: