Do You Think Your PC Will Be Stronger Then Revan

I would say yes as it's possible you can get battle meditation and get a prestige class and really become something to be feared. Also I don't think they would make it so the new main character is weaker than the old one........though I could be wrong :thumbsup:

Do you think your new PC will have a more of a role then Revan did and possiblely becomes much stonger in the force then Revan?

I hope not. IMO, it would ruin the story if the PC ended up being more powerful than Revan.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

I made a topic like this a while ago. I asked the question if we, the gamers, would want the PC to be more powerful than Revan since we don't play as Revan.

I want the PC to be more powerful than Revan because if we don't play as Revan or he dies I would want something to make my new PC seem more powerful than Revan. Having our PC surpass Revan in power would be great because then it will make me like him much better than Revan, even though Revan was a remarkable character.

What would be really nice is to have someone say: "You are more poweful than Revan himself or herself." That would do it for me.

I would have to go with GOA on this. In KOTOR they made such a big deal over how powerful Revan was so it would seem out of sorts if the new PC was even stronger.

"The only difference between genius and stupidity is genius has its limits!" - Albert Einstein.

"It's better to be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt!"

"You can try to kill me, you'd fail!, but you can try!" - Revan.

"When you have exhausted all other possibilities whatever remains, however improbable must be the truth." - Sherlock Holmes (a.k.a. Sir Arthur Conan Dole)

"A lack of planning on your part, does not constitute an emergency on my part"

AscendedPaladin.png

It'll ruin the "Revan saga" part of it. If the new PC is more powerful than Revan, then it'll make Revan inconsequential.

It might not ruin TSL itself, but if the aim of the game is to follow up on the events surrounding Revan and whatnot (which it is, since he makes an appearance). If it was just about making a new powerful protagonist, Revan should have been ignored entirely.

I think TSL can be a good story without having to require the PC to be more powerful than Revan (although I suppose since there is prestige classes, we can assume he/she WILL be). Think about the movies. Luke Skywalker was able to be the hero of the "second trilogy" without it being shoved in our face whether he was more or less powerful than the Jedi in the prequels.

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

I think it should be ok for your new PC to be more powerful then Revan....I mean its 5 years later...and every Jedi have their time...back in KOTOR Revan had his time of being the strongest Jedi ever...but now its somone elses turn to make history in the galaxy...your new PC... I don't see any thing wrong with your new PC becoming way more powerful them Revan.

I think it should be ok for your new PC to be more powerful then Revan....I mean its 5 years later...and every Jedi have their time...back in KOTOR Revan had his time of being the strongest Jedi ever...but now its somone elses turn to make history in the galaxy...your new PC... I don't see any thing wrong with your new PC becoming way more powerful them Revan.

My main disagreement is that it would make the statement "most powerful Jedi" completely useless, since everytime a new PC comes along, he/she is "more powerful than the last".

In other words, Revan was considered one of the most powerful in KOTOR, so then in TSL the PC is more powerful than Revan, and then in the next game, the PC is more powerful than the TSL PC, and so on and so on. To me, that pretty much ruins the whole aura of having a powerful character, since by the next game he won't be anymore.

The only I would except it really would be if Revan returned and was one of the prestige classes at level 30+ (whatever the max level will be in the game), atleast that way it wont invalidate the whole story and basis behind KOTOR. I think it would also be ok if the new PC would be equal to revan.

"The only difference between genius and stupidity is genius has its limits!" - Albert Einstein.

"It's better to be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt!"

"When you have exhausted all other possibilities whatever remains, however improbable must be the truth." - Sherlock Holmes (a.k.a. Sir Arthur Conan Dole)

AscendedPaladin.png

The impression I gathered from KotOR was that Revan was not necessarily the most powerful of jedi but partly kept the order off guard with strategic brilliance. There's a lot more to a war than one person's melee abilities, and so I don't see why Revan could not just be very powerful and also pretty wily.

I don't think it ruin any thing...I think it should be OK for every Jedi have their turn in becoming a more powerful Jedi in their time line..if they are chosen by destiny then so be it...because I believe that a Jedi can always find way to make themselves stronger in the force...then past Jedi.....you could always be the first Jedi to manipulate time or somthing in the future :thumbsup: you never know....there are many possibilties in the star wars galaxy

yeah but the way things are going by the time KOTOR 6 comes out you will have someone who will finish the game at level between 151 and 640 (151 is by taking one half of the prior max level and adding it to the prior max level to create the new max level, 640 was taken by doubling the max level for every new game) with limitless power and who can destroy entire sectors of space in the blink of an eye. there has to be sometype of limit to how powerful the jedi can become.

Now the above statement is a little blown out of proportion to show how dumb it would be to keep making the new PC more powerful for each new game in the series. While I like the idea that they are raising the max level to whatever it is going to be (beause it adds the chance to customize the PC more), I still think that no matter what level the PC can become it should be made clear that they aren't the most powerful jedi ever.

AscendedPaladin.png

It'll ruin the "Revan saga" part of it.  If the new PC is more powerful than Revan, then it'll make Revan inconsequential.

It might not ruin TSL itself, but if the aim of the game is to follow up on the events surrounding Revan and whatnot (which it is, since he makes an appearance).  If it was just about making a new powerful protagonist, Revan should have been ignored entirely.

I think TSL can be a good story without having to require the PC to be more powerful than Revan (although I suppose since there is prestige classes, we can assume he/she WILL be).  Think about the movies.  Luke Skywalker was able to be the hero of the "second trilogy" without it being shoved in our face whether he was more or less powerful than the Jedi in the prequels.

Well stated points, but listen I'm going to disagree. This is my Reasoning:

KOTOR 2: The Sith Lords, is not an expansion game or add'on to KOTOR 1....Which means the "Revan" saga is over...sorry fan fanatics lol

This is a new Story, with hints of the past story yes, because the past story was part of the star wars universe, just like JOlee had hints of his past story in KOTOR 1 when he referred to the Exar Kun war....

That's all I got, simple enough...

It'll ruin the "Revan saga" part of it.  If the new PC is more powerful than Revan, then it'll make Revan inconsequential.

It might not ruin TSL itself, but if the aim of the game is to follow up on the events surrounding Revan and whatnot (which it is, since he makes an appearance).  If it was just about making a new powerful protagonist, Revan should have been ignored entirely.

I think TSL can be a good story without having to require the PC to be more powerful than Revan (although I suppose since there is prestige classes, we can assume he/she WILL be).  Think about the movies.  Luke Skywalker was able to be the hero of the "second trilogy" without it being shoved in our face whether he was more or less powerful than the Jedi in the prequels.

I understand what you're saying. I guess if they were to make it sort of like how Jaden Korr was in Jedi Academy I would be cool with it. But if Revan is in the game I hope he acknowledges the PC, seeing as how Revan was somewhat "divine" as he/she stated to Juhani.

i think that in this game it's not neccesarily how strong/powerful the person is like in the last game, which was more battle oriented than force guided, pluis u had a task given by the council and u couldnt really change ur path in a specific way,in this one you get a free rein to do whutever u want, and so kotor 2 is more powerful in the force aspect of the game becuz ur choices affect everything and ur outcome is more important, plus theres more levels and prestige classes.-this wasnt a dark side speech, im more of a lightside/gray person. but i do think the force power was more important than the strength aspect-i did enjoy kiling random animals and force chokin a couple jawas and sand ppl tho

Well stated points, but listen I'm going to disagree.  This is my Reasoning:

KOTOR 2: The Sith Lords, is not an expansion game or add'on to KOTOR 1....Which means the "Revan" saga is over...sorry fan fanatics lol

This is a new Story, with hints of the past story yes, because the past story was part of the star wars universe, just like JOlee had hints of his past story in KOTOR 1 when he referred to the Exar Kun war....

That's all I got, simple enough...

It doesn't really have anything to do with the "Revan saga" being over or whatnot. It has to do with the individual characters. KOTOR1 established Revan as a powerful Jedi. So regardless of whether the story follows the Revan saga or not, it still has to acknowledge what Revan was made out to be in the first game, since it does incorporate some of those aspects in TSL.

Just look at the SW EU of novels. Every subsequent novel, you don't see the new characters being described as "more powerful than Luke Skywalker". They tell their story without having to "downgrade" how powerful the former antagonist was.

I just think that as a whole it would look a bit weird when every single subsequent game, this Jedi came out of nowhwere to become more powerful than the previous one.

KOTOR 2 is a totally new story from KOTOR it's self so there shouldn't be any thing wrong with a new powerful young Jedi knight

That's not the question you asked, and not the one I answered.

I didn't say that the new PC couldn't be a powerful Jedi. Of course he/she can. You asked if they would be MORE powerful than Revan. There's a BIG difference between the character being a powerful Jedi and being MORE powerful than Revan.

I agree with those who say that the new PC should not be as powerful as Revan for pretty much the same reasons. In fact, I really don't see why I decided to write this...

Unfortunately we pretty much know he/she will be more powerful than Revan, since the new PC will be able to go past level 20. And since I doubt they'll ever lower the level cap, it seems we're gonna keep getting more and more powerful PCs. Sigh.

I have to agree with GhostofAnakin on this one. In the first game there was loads of talk about the potential Revan held. Perhaps even more so than the praise that Bastila received for her battle meditation abilities. One of the Dantooine masters even refered to Revan as being the Prodigal Knight.

If my character even comes close in ability to what Revan is/was than I will be disappointed. If my character is so badass, then why were we so hung up about Revan's power and why was Bastila so important to the war? We could have just looked for the exiled Jedi and asked him/her to help join the cause.

If the new character is more powerful than Bastila, that will be ok because the only thing forced at us about her was Battle Meditation which is something we can choose to have.

I expect my character to rank high among the living Jedi, but not so high that he/she creates a legacy greater than that of Revan. And 5 years isn't nearly enough time to say that the "time of Revan" is over.

Personally I feel it would weaken the continuity of the series if you were able to surpass Revan's power in TSL. My main problem being Revan reconnects with the force in KOTOR and becomes an extraordinarily powerful Jedi or Sith. Revan then has 5 years (going by the new stories timeline) to become even more powerful . On the other hand your PC at the start of TSL is just beginning to reclaim his or her link with the force. I don't see how your PC could become more powerful than Revan in such a short period of time. It would be like Anakin beating Dooku in episode II or Dooku kicking Yoda's ass. If your PC does become all powerful I hope Obsidian gives us good reasons as to how and why.

Cheers!

i don't think you should be more powerful than revan, as:

1. it's a little convenient

2. you served under revan, not the other way around

3. i think it would be more epic if it were a titanic struggle

4. it kinda makes a joke of kotor 1

5. You shouldn't have an uber powerful jedi every 5 yrs

Also i wouldn't go by the d20 system to say the new character will be stronger...this is a game, and the first kotor was limited by the rules of that game, so it's no use comparing them