PRIMA Strategy Guide for KotOR2

Found this while browsing through EB's selection and was intrigued by it. They hint at some interesting developments that may occur as the story progresses. Here's a snippet:

DVD Features:

• Video footage of developers demonstrating the various fighting styles available, using Force powers and Jedi weapons to suit a player's needs.
  • Description and solution of various "chokepoints" in the game. A player can become confused as to what needs to happen next, the DVD shows them exactly how to get by the difficult spots.
  • To facilitate the character's quest there will be overviews of each planet the player is able to visit. Locations, story points, and encounter spots will all be detailed.
  • Exclusive insght from the game developers as to what they love most about their game. There are subtlties (edit=subtleties? or subtitles :lol: ) that a player might never notice without the experience of a tester.
  • Wallpapers for the customer's computer created by Prima's designers.

Book Features:

• PRIMA's Official Game Guide includes full walkthroughs of both light and dark side story arcs.
  • All three Jedi classes will be detailed to let players make the best choice for their play style.
  • Stats on all weapons and items provided as well as suggestions on uses for different situations
  • Every companion character will be examined, giving stats on their strengths and weaknesses and special abilities.
  • All force powers will be covered to give players the knowledge they need to fight off (or join up with) the Sith.
  • Maps of key areas will guide players through the worlds they visit.

Of particular interest to me is the joining up option with the Sith. The first KotOR really didn't offer much in the way of affiliating with the Sith. The Darkside option was simply to wipe out everyone else and take the throne yourself, but this seems to hint that we'll actually be able to offer up our services to one or more of the Sith Lords. Personally, if I ever went Darkside, I'd see myself as a Darth Vader to someone else's Emperor (I'd rather let someone else handle the administrative headaches while I go scooting around the Empire crushing our enemies :) - kind of like the way I offered my services to the Jedi Council in KotOR, so I could hunt down the Sith :cool: ). KotOR TSL seems to offer that opportunity, and if it does, this may actually cause me to reconsider my loyalties :) :ph34r: .

Wait wait wait... when does the book KOTOR2 strat guide come out?

According to EB, "Pre-Order: Ships on 11/30/2004".

Seems like the entire game would be spoiled even before the game itself is released. Seems like every hint book that recently came out was available at least a couple days before game release. Wonder why they do that (hint book publishers that is)?

I don't know about that. For me part of the fun of every game is not only learning about the story... but figuring out how to play it on my own. Oh well, I suppose not everyone is like me.

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

Seems like every hint book that recently came out was available at least a couple days before game release. Wonder why they do that (hint book publishers that is)?

It's just so you can have the guide at the same time you have the game without having to wait for it.

One of the most satisfing things about Kotor for me was figuring out everything w/o the help of a strategy guide. Sure it probaly took me longer to beat the game then alot of people, but Kotor lasted longer so that's a pretty good trade off.

People laugh when I say that I think a jellyfish is one of the most beautiful things in the world. What they don't understand is, I mean a jellyfish with long, blond hair.

Well, I still haven't gotten around to getting the first KotOR strategy guide. At this point, it's a pretty safe bet I never will. I may acquire the KotOR 2 DVD enhanced guide later for it's value as a collector item, that is if there's any left by the time I finish the PC version (most likely won't even consider it until after several attempts or a few months with the game have passed, whichever comes first).

Trying not to be judgmental here, but KotOR was the easiest crpg I've ever played. I wouldn't expect the sequel to be too much harder.

In the unlikely event that I would need "help", there are plenty of internet type places to visit.

"Things are funny...are comedic, because they mix the real with the absurd." - Buzz Aldrin.

"P-O-T-A-T-O-E" - Dan Quayle

Lol... I'm not saying I need help with KOTOR -.- I beat it more than once fairly easily. I am just saying it is good if you want to set up a character or get further information on the prestige classes stat/general wise. I could care less about the plot info. I've never even bought a strategy guide before. I just appreciate the benefits of owning one. What if I beat the game first time round and I already know the plot. Then what's the harm in checking char/weapon stats for the next char's you plan to make. :oo:):-"

Since I wont be getting the game until christmas I think I will more than likely wait until the new year before I get the Strategy Guide. While I would like to know more about the prestige classes before I have to choose which one I want I think I would rather figure it out for myself atleast on the first playthrough or two.

"The only difference between genius and stupidity is genius has its limits!" - Albert Einstein.

"It's better to be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt!"

"You can try to kill me, you'd fail!, but you can try!" - Revan.

"When you have exhausted all other possibilities whatever remains, however improbable must be the truth." - Sherlock Holmes (a.k.a. Sir Arthur Conan Dole)

"A lack of planning on your part, does not constitute an emergency on my part"

AscendedPaladin.png

I would only get the guid so (after I play through a few times in all possible aspects) I can make sure I didn't miss anything.

Lou Gutman, P.I.- It's like I'm not even trying anymore!
http://theatomicdanger.iforumer.com/index....theatomicdanger

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the galaxy. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips. I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my viens. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk, and free throw. I am there.

Found this while browsing through EB's selection and was intrigued by it. They hint at some interesting developments that may occur as the story progresses. Here's a snippet:

DVD Features:

• Video footage of developers demonstrating the various fighting styles available, using Force powers and Jedi weapons to suit a player's needs.

• Description and solution of various "chokepoints" in the game. A player can become confused as to what needs to happen next, the DVD shows them exactly how to get by the difficult spots.

• To facilitate the character's quest there will be overviews of each planet the player is able to visit. Locations, story points, and encounter spots will all be detailed.

• Exclusive insght from the game developers as to what they love most about their game. There are subtlties (edit=subtleties? or subtitles :lol: ) that a player might never notice without the experience of a tester.

• Wallpapers for the customer's computer created by Prima's designers.

Book Features:

• PRIMA's Official Game Guide includes full walkthroughs of both light and dark side story arcs.

• All three Jedi classes will be detailed to let players make the best choice for their play style.

• Stats on all weapons and items provided as well as suggestions on uses for different situations

• Every companion character will be examined, giving stats on their strengths and weaknesses and special abilities.

• All force powers will be covered to give players the knowledge they need to fight off (or join up with) the Sith.

• Maps of key areas will guide players through the worlds they visit.

Of particular interest to me is the joining up option with the Sith. The first KotOR really didn't offer much in the way of affiliating with the Sith. The Darkside option was simply to wipe out everyone else and take the throne yourself, but this seems to hint that we'll actually be able to offer up our services to one or more of the Sith Lords. Personally, if I ever went Darkside, I'd see myself as a Darth Vader to someone else's Emperor (I'd rather let someone else handle the administrative headaches while I go scooting around the Empire crushing our enemies :p - kind of like the way I offered my services to the Jedi Council in KotOR, so I could hunt down the Sith :cool: ). KotOR TSL seems to offer that opportunity, and if it does, this may actually cause me to reconsider my loyalties :blink: :ph34r: .

So does that mean that the DVD comes with the guide or do you get it if you preorder the guide?