Does Darko Milicic Get to play?

kumquatq3

• 2 weeks later...

No one likes your thread. :rolleyes:

"Of course the people don't want war. But after all, it's the leaders of the country who determine the policy, and it's always a simple matter to drag the people along whether it's a democracy, a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism, and exposing the country to greater danger."

- Herman Goering at the Nuremberg trials

"I have also been slowly coming to the realisation that knowledge and happiness are not necessarily coincident, and quite often mutually exclusive" - meta

What Darque said.

I took this job because I thought you were just a legend. Just a story. A story to scare little kids. But you're the real deal. The demon who dares to challenge God.

So what the hell do you want? Don't seem to me like you're out to make this stinkin' world a better place. Why you gotta kill all my men? Why you gotta kill me?

Nothing personal. It's just revenge.

No one likes your thread. :lol:

:">

So alone.

Darko is the 2nd (I think) pic in the NBA draft last year and he saw very little playing time. Since we used to have quite a few basketball fans here, I was curious about peoples thoughts on how they see him fitting in.

This was posted more or less at the start of the season. It has become clear that he won't be seeing the court much this year as well.

No one likes your thread. :thumbsup:

:">

So alone.

Darko is the 2nd (I think) pic in the NBA draft last year and he saw very little playing time. Since we used to have quite a few basketball fans here, I was curious about peoples thoughts on how they see him fitting in.

This was posted more or less at the start of the season. It has become clear that he won't be seeing the court much this year as well.

He'll probably be traded to a subpar team.

"Of course the people don't want war. But after all, it's the leaders of the country who determine the policy, and it's always a simple matter to drag the people along whether it's a democracy, a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism, and exposing the country to greater danger."

- Herman Goering at the Nuremberg trials

"I have also been slowly coming to the realisation that knowledge and happiness are not necessarily coincident, and quite often mutually exclusive" - meta

You think?

I'm operating under the assumption that they don't want to mess with a winning formula, not to mention they are currently packed at power forward. I think, tho im not 100% sure, that darko broke a toe in the off season and it slowed his training.

I think they still see him as "the future". If detroit gets elimated in teh first round or something, I suspect you would see him next year.

well, seeing how they haven't really let him play yet... and that they are indeed packed at the forward position in general, I don't see him getting much more if any more playing time in Detroit.

If the Pistons really like him, they should sit Devin Harn and up his backup role to like 15 min/game. If they really like him, but dont want to play him, they should trade him to a below par team for an average-quality center. Then sit him. Average is pretty low these days for centers. :)

I liked Darko ever since I watched an hour-long special on him just before he was drafted. I have followed him ever since ( which hasnt been too tough of a task) and keep hoping to see him become the player that he's supposed to be. I really think a trade would be best for him, since I dont see him getting much more PT any time in the near future. I'm seriously doubting that will happen though.

You do have to wonder though: Do they wish they had drafted Carmello instead?

Im not a big fan of him, but he is pretty good.

and that they are indeed packed at the forward position

I was thinking he was a center all this time

As capable of inconvenience, and of some damage and debt to those that would act against my interests, I cannot f*^ng argue with dangerous.

Darko is going to play left bench this year too.

Hey, maybe with Wallace gone for a few, Darko will see court time!

Maybe not

You should talk hockey...it's a better sport.

O, thier calling that a sport nowadays huh? ;)"

Besides, hockey talk as of late ends up like this:

Guy 1: When do you think the strike will be over?

Guy 2: dunno

Guy: those Canadians are sure pissed

Guy 2: yep